Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent reports from the airport location? I have a minivan reservation at the end of the month and need one of the Pacificas with the fold-flat rear seats. I plan on calling a couple days ahead to see if they will put one aside for me, this station was always great when I lived in Tacoma, but who knows now with the virus. There have been reports of nasty behavior from staff at many other stations around the country, so not sure how my request will end up being received.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:56 pm

I was there this past Sunday afternoon, aisles were full with generic sedans - Malibu, Sentra, Elantra/Sonata. Nothing larger or nicer than a Malibu, no SUVs/minivans/anything else.

Didn't catch any minivans, they had a row of reserved vehicles but didn't seem to be many of any particular class.

When I was there I asked the greeter if they had anything else available for Exec Elite, she said what they have is what's on the aisle. Ended up cancelling my reservation and using my backup at Hertz, where I got a Range Rover Evoque from PC. Also had a BMW 4 series.

Last edited by missingcolours; Aug 12, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by missingcolours
I was there this past Sunday afternoon, aisles were full with generic sedans.
Full aisles are something not seen much these days... at least it wasn't aisles full of nothing but white Chevrolets.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Picked up around 7PM on Aug 26, the facility was essentially empty except for a handful of cars that were matched to specific reservations. All keys locked at front counter at the Emerald Booth for National and Enterprise, and you received what you reserved. While we were there, it appears that someone left the return aisle unattended and there was an attempted car theft, the thief almost ran us over while speeding through the facility, then he abandoned the car after figuring out he couldn't get through the exit booth.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
A sea of Malibus and Altimas this morning. I asked whether National had stopped offering upgrades on the Executive Aisle. Was directed to the manager, who pointed out a Cherokee and Charger. I asked if they had as a matter of policy stopped putting Audis and BMWs on the aisle. He said "if you want one of those, you will have to pay." I pointed out that I could rent an Audi from SilverCar for $80/day (compared to the $75 I'm paying for a fullsize from National). He didn't really have a response for that.

Wound up picking a Subaru Legacy 4 door as a change of pace from the Fusion's I've been getting lately. Burned my last free day and will be playing free agent from here on.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wednesday night, same story. A sea of Altimas and similar. Wound up paying $30/day to upgrade to a Q7. Was tempted by the exotics ($60/day), but the new policy is they have to call your insurer to confirm coverage, and I didn't want to wait around for that. Apparently a customer totaled a brand new Maserati here last month, thus the new policy. The story is he crashed into a Sheriff's car within 10 minutes of exiting the rental facility. Oops.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Cars at SEA for National et al are among the worst selection in the entire US I find. Can never find a Luxury or Premium marque in the aisles, Hertz otoh at least have a chance to pick-up a BMW or RR
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:07 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Acceptable selection today, Challengers, Chargers, Voyager minivan, CX-5, Altimas, maybe a Maxima. Some other non descript sedans.

Upgrades included RR, BMW SUVs, Q60, Audi (A5 sedan?)
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:24 pm

Picked up from Enterprise for a quick one-way down to Portland early in the AM on Friday, 12/4. Waited in frustration at the closed Enterprise desk upstairs before someone else in line figured out that there was a representative downstairs in the National section of the garage who was handling everyone from National, Alamo, and Enterprise. Interestingly, the rep was drawing from ES for everyone. I know that Enterprise doesn't honor National status, but since the rep was drawing from ES anyway, I mentioned that I was Executive with National and asked whether I could take a CX-5 I saw. He was nice about it but said they were oversold on SUVs that day. As I only had a reservation for a full-size, I was given a stock but perfectly fine Kia K5 LXS with around 5K miles.

The other cars I remember besides my K5 and the CX-5 were a couple of Impalas, another CX-5, another K5, a Charger, and a VW SUV (think it was a Tiguan). Not sure about the trims on any of them, but remember thinking the aisle looked pretty full.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 8:45 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Picked up on Saturday night the 12th around 7pm. The Executive line has been seperated back up from what it was a few months ago. The line was pick your choice of color of boring sedans. Kia K5, Hyundai Sonata, Toyota Camrys and Nissan Altimas. A couple of the Camrys were brand new. A couple of stand outs that I noticed around the rest of the lot. A Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (wanted $20 upcharge) and all the rest of the good stuff was hidden away. Managed to get a small upcharge for a Hemi Durango (what my wife refers to as my Dad car).

They are keeping a lot of the good stuff locked up due to a high increase in frequent theft attempts (17 last week alone) and multiple fraud attempts as well. Apparently it is getting pretty bad.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by `X'
They are keeping a lot of the good stuff locked up due to a high increase in frequent theft attempts (17 last week alone) and multiple fraud attempts as well. Apparently it is getting pretty bad.
I witnessed one of these theft attempts the last time I was at SEA a few months ago - how do these idiots think they will get off the lot with those barricades? This moron kept circling the lot at hight speed, tires screeching until he almost ran us over while we were preparing to leave.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:42 pm

Lot was barren today. I had an LCAR reservation and there was nothing. Only about five or six vehicles in both aisles total. I recall seeing an Altima, Malibu, Hyundai, a pick-up, and a Jeep (which was apparently missing the keys). I think they messed up their inventory prediction pretty badly - they were still selling the Aisle for $52/day yesterday, and my LCAR was only $75/day. SIXT was like $125 for their cheapest subcompact (which is why I rented from National).

This location keeps getting worse (and no, I didn't think that was possible). Many staff downright surly. Didn't recognize anyone from my last several visits.

On the plus side, the 530 they finally gave me was brand new (1800 miles) and well equipped. But why is BMW's GUI so horrible, and why can't they make CarPlay work in their vehicles? Every time I rent a BMW, I'm reminded how much more I prefer Audi. And now that I'm off on a rant, remember when 530 meant 5 series with a 3.0 liter six? Sorry, but this is a 520, guys.
Old May 2, 2021, 6:26 am

Current/recent conditions at SEA?

What’s it like nowadays at EA? I’ve got a family trip planned for July and I’m very curious given the media coverage of the car shortage like this one.

Appreciate the insight.
Old May 2, 2021, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by jacksondb
What’s it like nowadays at EA?
It's as described in all the posts upthread. Nothing has changed for the better. I got a stripped Passat my last rental and considered myself lucky.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:06 am

Any updates on EA offerings at SEA in recent days as leisure travel picks up? I've got an EA reservation for 7/13 and am slightly nervous about finding an empty lot given the current climate and SEA's popularity in the summer. TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.