Triple Miles with UA

Old Sep 2, 1999, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Triple Miles with UA

Rent from 9/1 thru 11/30 and get triple miles automatically on United Airlines (150 miles per day).
Just provide MP number at time of rental
Old Sep 3, 1999, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where did you find this? I can't find anything about it on either UA's site or National's site.

Do you have to register for this and if so what is the number to call and promo code if there is one?

------------------
Happy travelling and remember - No matter where you go, there you are.

[This message has been edited by Baze (edited 09-03-1999).]
Old Sep 3, 1999, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
I just got the very same offer in the mail today for Delta SkyMiles.
Earn triple miles with every rental between 9/1 and 11/30. Just supply FF# at time of rental.
No mention of any promo codes or having to register.
Old Sep 4, 1999, 10:41 am
Original Poster

The United Offer was on a card mailed to me. It says you do not have to register and "triple miles will be credited automatically to your Mileage Plus account". The only condition on the card is that "Customers must provide Mileage Plus number at the time of reservation and/or rental to earn bonus miles". However it does say "This offer is non-transferable". I wonder if that means it is only good to people who receive the flyer. I will try to find out

Paul
Old Sep 4, 1999, 4:41 pm
Original Member

I received the same offer for American -- provide number, no registration needed.

Interestingly enough, I also received my American statement on the same day and enclosed was a flyer for double mile and you had to call and register. My guess is that the triple is for "status" members (i.e. Gold and above on American) while non-status members can get double if they register.

--Jim
Old Dec 26, 1999, 1:17 am

Normally I don't post the same question in more than one forum, but because this matter didn't get a response in the United forum, I thought I'd mention it here and see if anyone could help or give me advice.

Trying for the triple miles promotion, I reserved with National for a one-week rental in Frankfurt and properly entered my MP number. The rental occurred on 25 Sep - 2 Oct, but I still haven't seen the miles.

I've been giving it more time than I normally would, since the rental was outside the US and I figured it might take some time for the paperwork to get to United, but this is three months, and I'm running out of patience. Has anyone else attempted to do this promotion? If so, did your triple miles post? How long did it take?

I wonder if I should send a copy of the reservation (the MP number isn't on it, unfortunately - that was a different screen) and the rental contract to National in the US, or in GE, or where?

Any ideas?
Old Dec 26, 1999, 4:54 pm

Did three rentals on this promo.

Two in September didn't post at all until copies sent to pr3mier desk. Then, single miles posted 12/24. Called this morning and they posted the other two times base immediately.

Almost the same thing with number three done in October. Single (base) miles posted very quickly and a phone call to premier got the bonus two times while we spoke.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.