Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overcharges !

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 1999, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Overcharges !

I just rented a car from National at MCO. I had the car for 8 days. When I made my reservation, I used an Aadvantage coupon for a free day. When I reviewed the charges I found that National charged $154.99 for the week, and $31.99 for the eighth day. The free day was credited as only $22.14 which is one seventh of the weekly rate. I feel I should only pay the $154.99 for the entire rental. It's not the $9 and change, but what I feel is a consumer ripoff. Has anyone had a similar experience ?
Old Nov 30, 1999, 1:23 am
Original Member

Once or twice a year, I discover an overcharge on my National rental. I don't usually discover it until I'm back in the office doing my expense. In every case, I've simply phoned National, explained the situation and what I feel the amount of the overcharge is. And in each case, they simply credited my Amex card for the difference, and faxed me a new rental contract, showing the corrected amount.
Old Nov 30, 1999, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My experience with National customer service is very much the same as Ken Hamer's. For some reason, National's computers not infrequently transmit different info to the renting location than you have on your reservation, sometimes the difference being very small, a few dollars or less (either way). But when the difference is substantial, a call to the customer service immediately gets you the credit. I have somewhat attributed this to the fact that I use the Emerald Club, however that may not even be necessary to get the good service.
Old Nov 30, 1999, 6:50 am
Original Poster

I called Emerald Club customer service. They said [b]they[b/] choose what day is free, and refused to credit me. I emailed a complaint to National. I guess $22 savings is better than none !
Old Nov 30, 1999, 8:58 pm
Original Member

Well, that is kinda' tacky. I suppose you could always vote with your feet/dollars, if your complaint is not rectified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.