Original Poster

National L'Enfant Plaza - Washington, DC

National L'Enfant Plaza
970 D St SW
Washington, DC 20024 United States

Mon - Fri 09:00AM - 05:00PM
Sat 09:00AM - 05:00PM
Sun 09:00AM - 05:00PM

I believe this used to be branded solely as an Enterprise location. Anyone rented here?

One nice thing is that it looks like they only charge sales tax (10%) and no facilities or other fees like you have at DCA and Union Station.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:31 pm

It just opened ~ 2 weeks ago.

Fleet selection is quite small, probably at most a dozen cars total. No EA or ES here, Emerald Reserve only.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
and the rates are NOT competitive with DCA, at least on several dummy ICAR bookings I made on the EC members contract.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

I finally rented from this location and took advantage of a one-two-free day for a 1-way rental.

It's co/branded National/Alamo with two separate counters, though only 1 employee manning both. The garage is tiny, but it seemed like every space had a car in it when I picked up. I reserved FCAR and received FCAR (Fusion). The car itself had 11k miles on it and was pretty filthy on the outside (I'm not sure if they have a wash here or not).

Overall I'd say this is a big downgrade over the recently closed Union Station National location.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Poster

I've rented from this location several times now and am torn on it.

Objectively, it's significantly worse than the DCA location. It's probably not the worst National I've ever used (that designation still belongs to CMH) but it's not great. The lot is tiny and the fleet is shared by Alamo and National, though it seems the vehicles lean much more toward Alamo quality. Executive status gets you nothing (aside from a full-size car at the mid-size price).

Even though they have a car wash facility here, the last couple cars I rented didn't appear to have been washed at all. One had so many bug guts on the windshield I could barely see to leave the garage. Another car had over 21k miles on it. I'm still yet to receive a car here with less than 10k miles on it, which leads me to suspect this is where they dump the higher mileage vehicles. One vehicle had a tank was almost completely empty when I drove off.

That said, the rates are often better here, mostly because you don't pay any of the airport fees or surcharges, and it's way more convenient (for me at least) than going out to DCA to pickup and return. And unlike a lot of the Enterprise "neighborhood" locations it is open 7 days per week. I just wish Union Station hadn't closed.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:23 pm

Is there convenient street parking near this location?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
There is very little street parking anywhere near L'Enfant. Much less convenient.
Auto Enthusiast and iluvdoco like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.