Gifts to Reps for Holidays?

Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
Question Gifts to Reps for Holidays?

Have any of you given the National reps that you know well gifts for the holidays? I'm thinking something small, maybe gift cards. I just want to make sure they're able to accept them.

I rent at the same location 50-75 times per year and know the entire staff pretty well. I would like to do something nice for them as they always look out for me and take care of me when I rent.

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:32 am

i was thinking the exact same thing, i get upgraded quite often at the location i rent from and really want to say thanks for all the sweet rides i got.

Originally Posted by moze
Have any of you given the National reps that you know well gifts for the holidays? I'm thinking something small, maybe gift cards. I just want to make sure they're able to accept them.

I rent at the same location 50-75 times per year and know the entire staff pretty well. I would like to do something nice for them as they always look out for me and take care of me when I rent.

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Technically I don't think they are able to accept gifts.

I tried to give a coffee card once to someone that went above and beyond and they were adamant that they could not accept it but suggested I write to the regional corporate office if I wanted to recognize them for good service.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
@ YYC neighborhood location, I scored a four day rental in a brand new ford explorer (pimp edition - platform that lowers, sunroof, pedals that adjust), etc. for about $110 back in 2008 - and drove almost 2000 miles, in exchange for a twelve pack of beer for the rep.

Technically he gave me the upgrade first, then I went to buy him a pack of beer, then he added some sort of free day discount. Bless his heart.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
Hey all. Just an update, I did ask if I could bring them a gift basket to show my appreciation for the great service of the past year... Not a problem.

I ended up picking up my month-long rental yesterday (they went out of their way to help me get exactly what I was looking for), but I plan to stop by on Thursday and drop off a thank you basket once it arrives.

Nothing huge, just a $50 mix of gourmet chocolates. I have rented over 65 times this year and they've hooked me up every single time. That's the least I can do to say thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.