Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free days soon usable internationally?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Interesting. The new T&C indicates free days can be used in Europe and doesn't seem to list any exclusions.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Free Day(s) can only be used on National Car Rental Brand reservation requests at participating National
Car brand rental locations in the U.S., Canada, Australia, the Latin American Caribbean
(and, in Europe, for National Car rental brand reservations serviced by Enterprise).
I just spent a while on the phone - and they peg the inability to rent in Italy on the "participating" word.

They also told me on the phone that there are "currently no participating locations" in Europe, Australia, or the Caribbean. (!)
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Site definitely lets you book free days in Germany.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Site definitely lets you book free days in Germany.
Can you book any size car? I am trying to book in Dublin but I need the minivan type. The system will only let me book a smaller car.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:12 pm

I tried to use them in Spain/Italy/France and found myself unable to use them.

I am under the impression these free rentals are only useful in the USA. I would guess Mexico/Canada miiiight be included, but I would refer to National.
Old May 24, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
I used 3 free days in France. Booked a PCAR on the National website for CDG. Reservation was through Enterprise, although they "ran out" of PCARs when I showed up, they ended up comping the entire rental, including fuel.

But yes, Free Days are usable in Germany, France, UK, and Ireland as far as I know.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:09 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
I used 3 free days in France. Booked a PCAR on the National website for CDG. Reservation was through Enterprise, although they "ran out" of PCARs when I showed up, they ended up comping the entire rental, including fuel.

But yes, Free Days are usable in Germany, France, UK, and Ireland as far as I know.
So they gave you back the free days?
Old May 26, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
No, I unfortunately haven't asked. Not sure it would do me any good, honestly, since it was such a pain in the ... to even deal with Enterprise CDG.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:36 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
No, I unfortunately haven't asked. Not sure it would do me any good, honestly, since it was such a pain in the ... to even deal with Enterprise CDG.
So what do you mean by "comping the entire rental?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.