Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tampa Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Tampa Questions

Used to be Emerald Elite (40+ rentals a year) a long time back.

Have continued to rent from National owing to corporate rates and at least can still use the Emerald Aisle.

Making a trip to Tampa next week and have reserved an ICAR which usually allows me to use the Emerald Aisle (at least in Canada).

Reservation though says "proceed to counter" and confirmation number is 2587#####COUNT which leads me to think I'm NOT getting aisle access here.

For business reasons, I need to get a GM vehicle. If I'm going to get whichever penalty box the counter person comes up with first (or get upsold) Budget are cheaper for a full size and list Impala for that car class - I should just go down the hall.

Anyone have any insight they can share? Thanks in advance ...
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Addendum

Went through the National site, and tried the famous Emerald Club code. Gave me similar pricing but Emerald Aisle pickup instead of counter.

Then I did some digging and found my company corporate rate code on my existing reservation. Used that - matched the Emerald rate, gave me Emerald Aisle as my selection.

Guess that's the last time I use our travel agency to book my car ...

Still welcome any suggestions on how to improve odds of a GM vehicle at TPA.

Thanks ...
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Your story reminds me of being at a Hertz counter (probably nearly 25 years ago now, way before any of the preferred renter programs) behind someone who was offered a Caprice, only to say "can't do it, I'm going to the Ford proving ground." He was then offered another Chevy, only to say "no, I'm going to the FORD proving ground." Light bulb went on above counter staff's head at that point.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by ellswrth
Budget are cheaper for a full size and list Impala for that car class - I should just go down the hall.
Those are just examples. Doesn't mean they can guarantee you a Impala. It all depends on availability. National also has Impalas for the full size car class. Perhaps I would make reservations with both National and Budget. If National can't give you a GM vehicle then you can go to Budget.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.