Em Club Exec and use KLM?

Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Em Club Exec and use KLM?

Hey guys,

Just wondering, those of you who are execs, can you use the klm code as well? I was thinking no because when you log in, your contract ID is prefilled with the exec number.

Can you share your success? if any?

Thanks in adv - Scheps
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:33 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I think you are confusing things here.

Your executive (member) number is different than a Contract ID (which is how your price is calculated). Your Profile will have a default Contract ID set up for convenience, which will auto-fill when you go to make a new reservation. You can change this either by changing your default in your profile or changing on the reservation screen.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
I think you are confusing things here.

Your executive (member) number is different than a Contract ID (which is how your price is calculated). Your Profile will have a default Contract ID set up for convenience, which will auto-fill when you go to make a new reservation. You can change this either by changing your default in your profile or changing on the reservation screen.
Oh sorry i should have been more clear, or maybe i am confused as well. (not talking about membership number)

To clarify
Does Executive status comes with two perks
1. aisle,
2. executive rate as per contract ID? Can I drop (2) without losing (1) by changing to contract ID to something else like KLM which saves much more? If (2) doesnt exist then i am not worried.

I am unsure why there is contract ID auto population because I have not set anything. So i can only assume its drawn from info they already have which can only be either the executive "rate" (if it exists) or world elite master card rate.

p.s. unrelated quick question: Pick up at SNA and drop off at LAX. Is that classified as one way? i could not find any definition of one way on their website.

Last edited by scheps; Nov 16, 2014 at 11:12 pm
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
The contract id has nothing to do with being able to choose from the aisles. You can actually call National and have them change your default id to the KLM code if you desired.
Looks like SNA to LAX is a one way as the rate is slightly higher then round trip.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
You can erase the auto-filled contract ID when filling in the reservation form or -- a better option in my view -- edit the form after reaching the car selection page to insert the KLM contract ID. Sometimes KLM discount is not better than your exec savings.

Either way, you'll still enjoy car selection benefits commensurate with your status.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinMD
The contract id has nothing to do with being able to choose from the aisles. You can actually call National and have them change your default id to the KLM code if you desired.
Looks like SNA to LAX is a one way as the rate is slightly higher then round trip.
Thanks for the clarification.

BTW what do you mean by SNA to lax is one way due to rates then round trip? as in, same car hire etc LAX to LAX or SNA to SNA vs LAX -SNA/SNA-LAX is more expensive? Because when i put it in, i did not get a one way charge. I wonder if its a surprise when you arrive or it is not far enough apart to be considered one way. I thought one way charge had to be charged at the time of booking.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hawk Circle
You can erase the auto-filled contract ID when filling in the reservation form or -- a better option in my view -- edit the form after reaching the car selection page to insert the KLM contract ID. Sometimes KLM discount is not better than your exec savings.

Either way, you'll still enjoy car selection benefits commensurate with your status.
Thanks for that tip. So are you saying being exec you get a special (variable) rate? therefore sometimes exec rate is better than KLM? Hadn't realised that as KLM is so inclusive.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by scheps
Thanks for the clarification.

BTW what do you mean by SNA to lax is one way due to rates then round trip? as in, same car hire etc LAX to LAX or SNA to SNA vs LAX -SNA/SNA-LAX is more expensive? Because when i put it in, i did not get a one way charge. I wonder if its a surprise when you arrive or it is not far enough apart to be considered one way. I thought one way charge had to be charged at the time of booking.
National does not use a one way charge. They will usually just have higher rates. With these two being so close, there is not much of a price difference.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Originally Posted by scheps
So are you saying being exec you get a special (variable) rate? therefore sometimes exec rate is better than KLM? Hadn't realised that as KLM is so inclusive.
Exec rate occasionally has been better, but normally it's KLM, at least for my bookings. Worth it to try both.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:36 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
OP: There is no such thing as an "Exec Rate." Executive pays one class lower than reserved but it has nothing to do with the pricing. Again, all pricing is calculated using the Contract ID selected for the reservation.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinMD
National does not use a one way charge. They will usually just have higher rates. With these two being so close, there is not much of a price difference.
Oh right ok, coz i plug in random say lax and las it gave me a specific item on one way charge (cant recall exact wording) as well as an increase in daily rate.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
OP: There is no such thing as an "Exec Rate." Executive pays one class lower than reserved but it has nothing to do with the pricing. Again, all pricing is calculated using the Contract ID selected for the reservation.
ah, thanks for that, i was getting a but confused. I suspect my prefilled contract ID reflect the rate on a world elite MC.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 3:17 pm

The KLM code appears to be dead again...
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
The KLM code appears to be dead again...
It seems to either work intermittently or totally dependent on the location and dates. It does not seem to work as a blanket rule.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:00 pm

The KLM code seems to be back again but I've noticed something strange that makes me wonder if it really is. When booking on the website the code works and all fees and insurance is included. Pulling up the reservation on the app, National separates and charges for the insurance and fee's. Thus the total price is now significantly higher. The reservation cannot be canceled/modified on the app at all either. It says you have to call in. This is only with the klm code applied. All other reservations with the default emerald code or other is normal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.