First bad Experience with natl- key west

Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:02 pm

Where did the thread say they might have or don't have a car for confirmed reservations?

It's true they were sold out when the OP arrived, but her main peeve was that they did not inform her and she stood around wasting time for their shuttle to arrive, when she could have been gotten a car at a different agency and been on her way.

A lot of stations at each car rental company probably sells out at any given time during the year for a variety of reasons, that's not a National specific or Key West problem. Lets face it, the goal of a rental agency is to rent every car out. It's how you handle new incoming customers when you do sell out that counts. As a EE with National, she expected and should have received better communication about the situation at hand.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:23 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Where did the thread say they might have or don't have a car for confirmed reservations?
I think it can be ascertained from the OP that she had a reservation. How would she receive an email welcoming her to Key West without one? And she makes reference to her reservation at the end of the post.

Originally Posted by nlkm9
...even though I had an email welcoming me to key west and that my car was ready ....... It reminds me of the Seinfeld scene--what's the point of a reservation?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I think it can be ascertained from the OP that she had a reservation. How would she receive an email welcoming her to Key West without one? And she makes reference to her reservation at the end of the post.
Yes, but your asking/implying even with a reservation that they won't have a car for you. The OP never suggested that's the case every time she rented at Key West; just that at that particular time, they ran out of cars and did not communicate to her about it.

Has nothing to do with SOP. If they knew they were gonna be sold out in advance, she would have gotten a sold out message when trying to reserve a car. Stuff happens.

Bottom line is if your reservation went through, 99.5% chance you'll meet a car on the lot.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Yes, but your asking/implying even with a reservation that they won't have a car for you. The OP never suggested that's the case every time she rented at Key West; just that at that particular time, they ran out of cars and did not communicate to her about it.

Has nothing to do with SOP. If they knew they were gonna be sold out in advance, she would have gotten a sold out message when trying to reserve a car. Stuff happens.

Bottom line is if your reservation went through, 99.5% chance you'll meet a car on the lot.

Op here--yes, I had a reservation. I got n email welcoming me to the airport and that my reservation was ready. waited 45 min for shuttle and only then was told there was no car for me, even though I called and asked when I arrived at airport--really bad experience...
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Being EE shouldn't make a difference. The communication should have been better even if this were OP's first ever rental with National. Every customer should expect that, not just EE level.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DonCarpenter
Being EE shouldn't make a difference. The communication should have been better even if this were OP's first ever rental with National. Every customer should expect that, not just EE level.

100% agree.......
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:55 pm

What they should do if they're overbooked is drive some cars in from MIA or FLL. It's spring break season at EYW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.