Pros
Quiet and comfortable ride
Great sounding audio

Cons
Rear visibility issues
Leather trim lacks bells and whistles
Sluggish acceleration
Smaller trunk compared to peers

Summary: The 2015 Lacrosse continues to be a solid premium car and a great option for road trips.

I picked up this Lacrosse with a whole 2 miles on the clock. I took the picture of the dash while parked, so you can see the 2 miles on the odometer. The Lacrosse has always been one of my favorite premium cars, and the 2015 continues to be a solid choice, though there are better ones in the fleet.

The majority of the miles we put on the Lacrosse, were on the highway, and it is a great highway car. The seats are soft and supportive. It is also a quiet car at highway speeds. At 78 MPH, there was minimal engine and road noise, though there was a little wind noise. The cabin was quiet enough to carry on a conversation at normal volume.

This particular Lacrosse was equipped with the base 7 speaker system. There is an optional 11 speaker Bose system for the Leather group, and standard on the Premium groups. The base 7 speaker system had an overall nice sound. They had a great range of sound overall, but were lacking the depth, especially the bass of the premium sound systems.

The Lacrosse is one of those cars were trim levels make a huge difference. The base Lacrosse has cloth seats and a 2.4L engine. The trunk is reduced to about 10 cubic feet of space. The Leather group adds leather, duh. The V6 is optional for both of those trims. The premium I group adds the V6, 11 speaker Bose system, power sunshade and heated steering wheel. There are also various packages that can add more features to each group.

The Lacrosse did have a few negatives. The C pillars are thick and the rear window is on the small side, due to the height of the trunk. The trunk on the V6 equipped car is only 13.3 cubic feet, with 16 average for a PCAR. The Taurus Limited has 20 cubic feet, and the new Impala is close to 19 cubic feet. The acceleration was a little sluggish for a V6, and the MPG were a little lower than expected, but both could be a result of a brand new engine, or the car could have been filled with E85 fuel.

Overall the Lacrosse is a solid premium car, and a great road trip car if trunk space is not a major factor, though I would take the Taurus Limited if given the choice.

Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Looks good. The LaCrosse is one of my favorite rental cars, especially the newer ones. I've often had to pick between the Volvo S80 and the LaCrosse (albeit at Hertz, not National), and the Buick is better hands down.

-J.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: AA Gold
Got one of these recently. The new ones with built in Car Play from Apple is really great! Best navigation out there! Of course it simply shows your iPhone on the gps screen, but yeah, it's pretty nice!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Just picked up a 2016 LaCrosse for a 2-week rental. So far, it's a nice and cushy ride. Can't get the Apple Carplay to work w/ my iphone 5s. It had only 495 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. Looks identical to the one in the photos above, except the leather seats are gray, not tan. Wished I didn't have to pay extra for XM. Declined it for this rental (received free XM on a CX-5 and Chrysler T&C rentals in the past).
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:01 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I'm driving a 2016 as a monthly rental right now... no plans to give it back Can't beat a free car, with carplay.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I used to drive decently high performance sports sedans (BMW 335xi, Infiniti G37XS, and had a IS350 for all of 6 months) and this is just fine. Could use a bit more power for the gas mileage it provides, but decent ride, fairly quick, and overall a comfortable car for driving across the midwest.

Only issue is the backup camera has some sort of connection issue so the image is not very clear, but I don't want to risk going back and having it replaced by some POS Hyundai or base model Ford.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:02 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by photog72
Just picked up a 2016 LaCrosse for a 2-week rental. So far, it's a nice and cushy ride. Can't get the Apple Carplay to work w/ my iphone 5s. It had only 495 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. Looks identical to the one in the photos above, except the leather seats are gray, not tan. Wished I didn't have to pay extra for XM. Declined it for this rental (received free XM on a CX-5 and Chrysler T&C rentals in the past).
Too late now, but you can try to call into XM and see if you can activate the trial with the code on the XM screen. I've seen threads that it works.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Orlando rental

Had a 2016 LaCrosse in Orlando last week and really liked it. It was in the Emerald Exec Aisle but since the only cars in the Emerald Aisle were minivans, the attendant allowed me to take a sedan from the Exec Aisle. Agree with earlier posters that everything worked nicely (decent gas mileage, too) and I was very satisfied.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by photog72
Quoting myself... didn't realize that I had to use the physical connection to get the Carplay to work. I thought that it worked via Bluetooth.

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Too late now, but you can try to call into XM and see if you can activate the trial with the code on the XM screen. I've seen threads that it works.
Not too late. I still have the car till Friday. I'll try later. Thanks! I may have to use a different e-mail address, since I recently bought a new car and activated the XM on that car.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by KevinMD
Cons
Rear visibility issues
I have to add that the side-view mirrors are really small.

I also found the wipers left a lot to be desired- the difference in speed between the fastest intermediate and first constant speed was too large, and pushing the stalk up from the off position was something I continued to mess up. Kind of surprised they weren't speed sensitive too...
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by mother-
I have to add that the side-view mirrors are really small.
That, and what seemed like huge A-pillars, made visibility a little more challenging in the last Lacrosse I drove (a 2014).

However, given that the current generation is in its final year, the fact it is still a desirable choice shows how good it is. Can't wait to try the 2017 when it becomes available.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
That, and what seemed like huge A-pillars, made visibility a little more challenging in the last Lacrosse I drove (a 2014).

However, given that the current generation is in its final year, the fact it is still a desirable choice shows how good it is. Can't wait to try the 2017 when it becomes available.
No, they ARE huge. Visibility is poor, because of them. Overall, it's a good car.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
No doubt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.