Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

List of cars with Factory Navigation (Stand-Alone and On-Star)

List of cars with Factory Navigation (Stand-Alone and On-Star)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 23, 14, 6:21 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: peteropny
Wiki Link
I'll make this thread a sticky so people can add as needed.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 18, 15, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Updated to include Buick Enclave on both lists with note about variability.
Old Jan 24, 15, 5:33 pm

Range Rover Evoque has factory nav
Old Jan 24, 15, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Range Rover Evoque has factory nav
Thanks. Do you remember the car class by chance?
Old Jan 24, 15, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan View Post
Thanks. Do you remember the car class by chance?
Luxury Elite SUV
Old Feb 16, 15, 8:55 pm

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
Picked up a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited @ LGA - it does NOT have factory GPS
Old Feb 16, 15, 9:41 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by FreeBird2k View Post
Picked up a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited @ LGA - it does NOT have factory GPS
GC Limiteds with the Luxury II Group (as evidenced by the large touch screen and Xenon headlamps) do have it. Regular Limiteds do not.
Old Feb 17, 15, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Every GC I've had (quite a few, I seek them out) has apparently had the Luxury II Group as I've never come across one without Nav. That said, I'll make sure I pay attention to what I'm getting when I do come across a GC from now on.

Front page was updated by dwbf11 to note Limited w/ Luxury II group for Grand Cherokee.
Old Feb 24, 15, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Nav is standard on the BMW 5 series now. I believe 3 series requires an optional Nav package.
Old Mar 2, 15, 1:53 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Hyundai

I noticed Hyundai is missing from the OP, the new Azera has stand alone factory NAV standard on all models I've seen at National. Locations in SoCal (LAX, ONT) have received quite a few of these Premium well equipped sedans recently. Of course, as with the Kia Cadenza, the NAV system usage is dependent on the presence of the map data SD card (found with the owners manual package on new cars).
Old Mar 2, 15, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Is the Azera having NAV new for '15, or possibly trim level dependent? When I first started seeing the '14 models show up, they were all non-touch-screen.
Old Mar 7, 15, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan View Post
Is the Azera having NAV new for '15, or possibly trim level dependent? When I first started seeing the '14 models show up, they were all non-touch-screen.
Just picked up a 2015 Azera, and it has nav. Checked online and all 2015's regardless of trim have NAV, but like stated earlier, it is SD based.
Old Mar 31, 15, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by mapelle621 View Post
The nav card works great. So far, all Fords equipped with GPS hardware were able to use my A3 SD card (2012 ish generation I think) regardless of the car's model year. So no, one doesn't need to have a matching year's SD card.
Any idea if these cards can be duplicated if you have a valid one? I have a MFT nav-equipped Edge at home now, and would love to just copy my existing card for travel.
Old Mar 31, 15, 10:41 am
Original Poster

From what I've read they cannot... but older A3 and A4 cards are pretty cheap (some under $10) on eBay, if you can live with some of the POIs being a little out of date.
Old Apr 27, 15, 5:04 pm

Programs: National Emerald, Avis Preferred Plus
I had a 2014 Edge Limited at YYZ last summer. The car was brand new, it had only 10 clicks on the odometer, I think. I was excited to find out I was getting a brand new car.

It had MFT installed, being a Limited trim, but I didn't check out all the features until after I had left the airport. I was excited to find out it had Nav, but that excitement died immediately when I realized that the SD card was missing.

"WHY??!!!", I thought, because this car was BRAND NEW.

I asked the agent when returning the car. He said that they (apparently) remove them from the vehicles after delivery, to prevent them from being stolen by renters. Too hard to keep inventory of, he said.
Old May 7, 15, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
If renting a Ford, the SD card is not likely installed by the factory. A Flex I picked up had it shrink wrapped, and was located with the spare tire along with the manual.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: