Cars at FAI

Old Jun 24, 14, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Cars at FAI

I will be traveling to Fairbanks with extended family in July; we will either need to rent 2 cars or a 15-passenger van (10 total people). We were originally going to fly into Anchorage, but 8 of us just booked round trip tickets SEA-FAI-SEA for $244 AI (compared to about $600 for flights into Anchorage).

I have Executive Elite status with National, and I'm trying to figure out what might be available as an upgrade if I book a normal midsize car. With 10 total people including 4 kids ages 9 to 11, we can probably manage to fit into two full size cars, but I think that it would be better if one or both cars is an SUV, or perhaps one car and one minivan. National's website doesn't show any minivans available, and looking around at other websites including on other dates, I don't see any minivans available at any Enterprise, Alamo, or National locations in Fairbanks. So perhaps Enterprise Holdings simply doesn't have any Minivans available in Fairbanks.

Mid-size and Standard SUVs are available on the website, and I'm considering booking two reservations (a midsize for upgrade purposes) and an SUV, and then seeing what is available for upgrade when I get there. But since this is a counter service location, I'm not sure how this would work.

Does anyone have recent experience at Fairbanks with available upgrades for Executive members?

Also, is it possible for the same person to to rent two vehicles at the same time from the same location, and get points for both? I suppose that's a question for another thread.
Old Apr 10, 18, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Rented a FCAR last weekend 4/6 - 4/8. No Emerald Aisle here obviously, all rentals must be processed at the desk by baggage claim. I was given an Impala LT with 4,000 miles on it which is technically an upgrade to a PCAR. Their box was full of mainly Chevy keys and I was asked if I wanted to hear the prices of a truck or SUV. Annoyingly, the car was given 7/8s of a tank. I saw it when I got outside and tried calling the desk to let them know but they didn't answer. I didn't want to go back inside so I just dealt with it. I drove 100 miles and had to put nearly 6 gallons of gas back in
Old Oct 29, 20, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Any recent rentals out of FAI? Just used 3 free days for a FAI-ANC rental as one way (even on my corp acct) were in excess of 80/day. Reserved a standard suv for mid nov
Old Oct 30, 20, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA View Post
Any recent rentals out of FAI? Just used 3 free days for a FAI-ANC rental as one way (even on my corp acct) were in excess of 80/day. Reserved a standard suv for mid nov
I returned there earlier this year. The lot seemed to be filled with pretty standard National assortment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: