Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Kia K900 National Exclusively Through Premier Selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

http://www.enterpriseholdings.com/pr...ury-sedan.html

Missed this earlier, interesting partnership of sorts.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:30 pm

Kia’s Newest Flagship Offered at 18 Major Airports Through National’s Premier Selection
What're those 18 airports?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:48 pm

That's like the partnership they had with Toyota with the redesigned Avalon.

I hope DCA is one of those locations.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Saw one in ATL today. It looked NICE.

$65k price tag.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
Saw one in ATL today. It looked NICE.

$65k price tag.
What was the upsell fee?

Is the K900 just a slightly more upscale version of the '15 Genesis?

The MSRP of the new '14 CTS is about $65-67K.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Apr 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Pretty sure the K900 is an Equus rebadge.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I'm going to have a tough time convincing myself to pay an extra $50 or $75/day for a Kia.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
What was the upsell fee?

Is the K900 just a slightly more upscale version of the '15 Genesis?

The MSRP of the new '14 CTS is about $65-67K.
I followed into the return deck and looked in the windows after the gentleman in front of me left it.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Joshua
I'm going to have a tough time convincing myself to pay an extra $50 or $75/day for a Kia.
Fully acknowledging that this may be just my own bias, warranted or not, but I'm in exactly the same boat.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: Emerald Club Executive

Just picked up a black one in ATL. It's a UXAR with a $50 upsell charge. I'll post a ride report on it soon but I like it so far. I got a lot more driving to do in it before giving a true judgement on it, though.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by javabytes
Fully acknowledging that this may be just my own bias, warranted or not, but I'm in exactly the same boat.
I'm honestly not down with paying $75/day in general, especially since each location is a different story for haggling.

$25? SAN, for EEs, even from a CCAR. $75? MSY, no negotiation. $25? CLE, but make sure you're holding an LCAR res first.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Only way I'd even consider $50/day upcharge is if:

1.) I'm on free days on a short vacation (2-3 days) and there's nothing reasonable on ES or in ER-PREM.

2.) I'm on a business trip where my wife happens to be with me and, again, there's nothing reasonable on ES or ER-PREM.

My main point is I wouldn't pay-up over something like a Lacross, Cadenza, Azera, Genese (especially if the '15s start showing up), Grand Cherokee, or even 300 or Taurus Limited, much less pretty much anything else listed as LCAR. Now I'd take one from ER-LUX in a heartbeat, I just wouldn't pay up for it.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:51 pm

Given that the Luxury rate on my corporate rate is less than $25 over the full sized rate, I'd have a hard time paying that much of an upsell, let alone more than that. And given that there's some pretty decent cars that are luxury, it'd be pretty tough to convince me to pay more than that for this.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Joshua
My name is also Joshua, and I totally agree with you. Still a Kia

-J.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
My name is also Joshua, and I totally agree with you. Still a Kia

-J.
Kia K900, Lexus LS4670, or BMW 7-series doesn't really matter to me, I just wouldn't pay-up more than $25/day as long as there was a decent PCAR in ER-PREM or Grand Cherokee in ES... even then my LCAR company is usually less than $25/day over PCAR (and well less than $50/day), so $50/day for a K900 vs a MKZ, ATS, CTS, etc seems like a stretch just for size and tech features... and this is coming form a upscale Kia/Hyundai fan and Genesis owner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.