Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
My wife has a rental at the moment, she was banking on using emerald checkout to get her across the line for another free day. Unfortunately none of the remotely decent cars on the lot had a barcode so she couldn't do it. Do you think there is any point calling National to plead the case and get across the line?
With less than a week left of the promotion, it might not be worth the time depending on how many points you need for the next free day.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
I got 12 free days so far, about to get 13 - has anyone topped me?
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by kxc262
With less than a week left of the promotion, it might not be worth the time depending on how many points you need for the next free day.
i think you misunderstood my post. The 50 points from emerald checkout would have gotten her across the line for another free day but because none of the cars had barcodes she couldn't do it. I was wondering if national may comp her the 50 points due to their poorly implemented system.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto

i think you misunderstood my post. The 50 points from emerald checkout would have gotten her across the line for another free day but because none of the cars had barcodes she couldn't do it. I was wondering if national may comp her the 50 points due to their poorly implemented system.
That's exactly what I understood. If you were at 100 points, there is no point to call , but if you were at 550, the 50 points would have allowed you to cross the threshold.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by kxc262
That's exactly what I understood. If you were at 100 points, there is no point to call , but if you were at 550, the 50 points would have allowed you to cross the threshold.
If she was 100 points short then the 50 points wouldn't have gotten her across the line.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by m907
In other news, I can't find anything that says an Enterprise rental must be 2+ days to qualify for the 200 point bonus. I'm going to try to trigger it with 1 day and will report back. If it doesn't work, I promise not to come on here and litigate it endlessly.
Any news on whether a one day enterprise works? I will be 200 points short of free day and hoping I can just do a one day enterprise.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Any news on whether a one day enterprise works? I will be 200 points short of free day and hoping I can just do a one day enterprise.
It worked for me.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
FWIW, I'm with you. The T&Cs should override any language or presentation on the website, and the T&Cs absolutely do not state that a bonus offer must be listed on your dashboard to be eligible. I need that weekend bonus also to put me over the next hump. I guess I'll call as well.
Well Ladies&gents, 25min on the phone/hold/muzak (and that's during regular U.S. hours) haven't yielded an offer to just bump me 50 missing points over the line...I was politely asking...Nothing, but a promise that a message (or email) was generated for management. Then I'm asking if they could pull up T&C page, and refer them to bullets in the middle that define 100 weekend bonus. They read this one line, and they say that I did get credit for that Sat-Mon rental. I say, yes, I got the 300 credit but not the 100 additional per T&C...They are checking if that 2-day rental went over Sat night: YES. ok, we'll submit it to management and you should hear within a few biz days...That's it for quietly waiting 25min, being on hold with Spanish tunes 3 times. Anyone get the feeling they just want you to hang up?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:16 pm

And now Email comes in (that may be merely referring to a coupon I already had!)

xxxxxxx, congrats on earning with ONE TWO FREE
/Inbox

• Emerald Club <[email protected]>
    To:.com

Feb 25 at 4:39 PM
    Redeem now.

Congratulations! You’ve earned Free Rental Day(s).‡ Now it’s your turn to drive off into the sunset. Use your Free Rental Day(s) on Compact through Fullsize vehicles, now through June 13, 2019, at participating locations.*

And remember, you can keep earning points and Free Rental Days through February 28, 2019.

‡Free Rental Day covers base rate (Time and Mileage) only.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:59 pm

Congrats! But if you query customer service, they may just remind you of that fact. They mentioned to me how many coupons I already had and redeemed, before addressing my query today about the particular bona-fide credit my account has 100% missed
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:00 pm

I have a rental 2/28 - 3/4 at DTW

I also have four 1-2-F days currently. Can I still get 300 pts for this rental and 300 bonus for adding SXM and earn one more coupon even though I only have it one day during the promotion (presuming I just book normally and don't use the days)?

Also for those who are used to cashing in 1-2-F days, I was thinking about using 3 of them for this rental bringing my total to around $65. Or I can just use a free weekend day coupon and my total is $135. So yeah, double but not a huge difference. I will definitely be going back to DTW prior to June 19th and was wondering if it made sense to save these coupons for potentially more expensive summer dates? I tried to price spring/summer dates but get the same rate as what I will pay this week. Besides DTW I don't plan to travel much this year, although I have been known to rent locally at LAX when my car goes to the shop. Interested in opinions.

TIA!

RastaP
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by RastaPasta
I have a rental 2/28 - 3/4 at DTW

I also have four 1-2-F days currently. Can I still get 300 pts for this rental and 300 bonus for adding SXM and earn one more coupon even though I only have it one day during the promotion (presuming I just book normally and don't use the days)?

Also for those who are used to cashing in 1-2-F days, I was thinking about using 3 of them for this rental bringing my total to around $65. Or I can just use a free weekend day coupon and my total is $135. So yeah, double but not a huge difference. I will definitely be going back to DTW prior to June 19th and was wondering if it made sense to save these coupons for potentially more expensive summer dates? I tried to price spring/summer dates but get the same rate as what I will pay this week. Besides DTW I don't plan to travel much this year, although I have been known to rent locally at LAX when my car goes to the shop. Interested in opinions.

TIA!

RastaP
As long as you pick up by the 28th you should get credit. I would save your coupons to use later. Three coupons are definitely worth more than the $70 you would save using them now. Plus you would not earn credit for your rental on the 28th because it requires at least two paid days.
RastaPasta likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:51 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I forgot all about this promotion. Just checked and I have 21 free day coupons... lol. I guess they are counting monthly rentals differently this time than in the past.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:02 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I forgot all about this promotion. Just checked and I have 21 free day coupons... lol. I guess they are counting monthly rentals differently this time than in the past.
And just read the FAQ. 300 points every 4 days so I was getting 2100 points per month or 7 days ever two months... lol. Guess that's why they put an expiration of mid June on them.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by bigshooter
If you want to share some with another Tucsonan....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.