Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
This has been my experience. Use a one-two free coupon and no rental credit towards free day (yes to credit towards status).

I can't recall if paying at least one day and using a one-two coupon does earn rental credit though.
Strange it sometimes does generate. Seems at smaller locations with no Aisle; not complaining about those LOL. TY for experience; I'm trying to be better prepared and call about my 100-point miss on 1-2-F for Weekend rental (opportunity is not on MY dash, but certainly is in T&C). Anyone seen that say ANYWHERE that opportunity must be on your dash?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Strange it sometimes does generate. Seems at smaller locations with no Aisle; not complaining about those LOL. TY for experience; I'm trying to be better prepared and call about my 100-point miss on 1-2-F for Weekend rental (opportunity is not on MY dash, but certainly is in T&C). Anyone seen that say ANYWHERE that opportunity must be on your dash?
I really don't understand the hang up on this particular bit of internet lawyering. On my dash, it clearly says "In addition to earning 300 points for every qualifying rental, ONE TWO FREEŽ lets you quickly accumulate points by taking advantage of your bonus opportunities on this page. Each opportunity has its own point value and helps you earn Free Rental Days‡ faster."

It seems pretty clear to me that *my* bonus opportunities are *on this page*, and by extension, bonus opportunities which are not on this page - are not mine.

But hey, give them a call. Maybe they'll give you 100 points for making them laugh.
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:58 pm

Seriously...give it a rest. If you want to call, then call. Stop mucking up this thread with this crap.
dwbf11 and m907 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I really don't understand the hang up on this particular bit of internet lawyering. On my dash, it clearly says "In addition to earning 300 points for every qualifying rental, ONE TWO FREEŽ lets you quickly accumulate points by taking advantage of your bonus opportunities on this page. Each opportunity has its own point value and helps you earn Free Rental Days‡ faster."

It seems pretty clear to me that *my* bonus opportunities are *on this page*, and by extension, bonus opportunities which are not on this page - are not mine.

But hey, give them a call. Maybe they'll give you 100 points for making them laugh.
TY for hint, that's your interpretation. And possibly their intention. But they also listed extra bonus opportunities in T&C, and haven't mentioned anywhere "You will not earn extra bonus for opportunities, unless they are listed on your Dashboard". Or "To earn extra bonus, opportunity must be listed on your dashboard".

I don't think they'd laugh, but of course wish me luck
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:20 pm

TY for hint, that's your interpretation. And possibly their intention. But they also listed extra bonus opportunities in T&C, and haven't mentioned anywhere "You will not earn extra bonus for opportunities, unless they are listed on your Dashboard". Or "To earn extra bonus, opportunity must be listed on your dashboard".

In your (laser-focused-on-this-one-issue) view, what is the point of even having a "dashboard" listing bonus opportunities? Especially one which lists different opportunities for different members?

You know what the T&Cs also don't say? "You will find some bonus opportunities listed on your personal dashboard, but there are others that you are certainly eligible for. Unfortunately, we will need you to call in and request the points for those because we don't want just anyone to get them." They don't say that you can't have a unicorn. They don't say that Santa really will come - even if you don't go to sleep RIGHT NOW. They don't say a lot of things. That doesn't mean that you are entitled to everything that is not specifically excluded.

What they DO say, is this:
One or more bonus opportunities will be available on each Member’s dashboard on the ONE TWO FREEŽ website. Successful completion of bonus opportunities, by successfully completing the activity per the Bonus Details, will result in the Member earning the displayed bonus points for that opportunity, which can be used toward earning Free Rental Day coupons. Completed activities and point values — including rentals that result in point awards — will be displayed in the Member’s My Activity section.
What is unclear about that?
Ritz, dwbf11, Segments and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:39 pm

The reason I assumed "weekend rental" was in = because it was in every year. So I ended up with 550points, and just short of a coupon...I guess things change, like "referral-300" got canned altogether. But I wonder how widespread was yanking "weekend" from some dashboards
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:46 am

The reason I assumed "weekend rental" was in = because it was in every year. So I ended up with 550points, and just short of a coupon...I guess things change, like "referral-300" got canned altogether. But I wonder how widespread was yanking "weekend" from some dashboards
So just call them and get it over with. Report back if you want to but there are now over a dozen posts by you or others trying to help you about this quibble and it's getting in the way of useful discussions.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:39 am

Man, that “reason” made me laugh so hard. Seriously, assuming something would stay the way it was every year really doesn’t work with almost anything discussed on Flyertalk. Or even anything in life, maybe except for the IRS though.
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC

They never mentioned "You will earn..." either.. the terms say "You MAY earn...".

Ron.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:02 am
Original Poster

IME, a simple call to CS will get you a to your next redemption if you are less than 100 pts away.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:20 am

In other news, I can't find anything that says an Enterprise rental must be 2+ days to qualify for the 200 point bonus. I'm going to try to trigger it with 1 day and will report back. If it doesn't work, I promise not to come on here and litigate it endlessly.
KE81 and Joonydell like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, I'm with you. The T&Cs should override any language or presentation on the website, and the T&Cs absolutely do not state that a bonus offer must be listed on your dashboard to be eligible. I need that weekend bonus also to put me over the next hump. I guess I'll call as well.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
FWIW, I'm with you. The T&Cs should override any language or presentation on the website, and the T&Cs absolutely do not state that a bonus offer must be listed on your dashboard to be eligible. I need that weekend bonus also to put me over the next hump. I guess I'll call as well.
You guys are much better off just calling and politely asking for them to put you over the top, rather than pretending the terms mean what you want them to mean and litigating with a phone rep.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: QF LTG
My wife has a rental at the moment, she was banking on using emerald checkout to get her across the line for another free day. Unfortunately none of the remotely decent cars on the lot had a barcode so she couldn't do it. Do you think there is any point calling National to plead the case and get across the line?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
My wife has a rental at the moment, she was banking on using emerald checkout to get her across the line for another free day. Unfortunately none of the remotely decent cars on the lot had a barcode so she couldn't do it. Do you think there is any point calling National to plead the case and get across the line?
Why not? They will either say "Yes" or "No". No harm in trying ....
PbodyPhoto and m907 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.