Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Something wonky happened, and National's interface credited me with many bonuses I didn't actually earn!
not seeing the same. Can you tell more?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by duxfan
The only thing you'll get for a 1 day rental is the 75 points if you reserve through the app. Otherwise it's nothing.
Not correct. I did get 300 (Sirius) in addition to 75. But like I said above, I never heard someone get 300 (qualified rental) on a 1day. Thus my guess is no 200 (Enterprise) would happen
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I am never going to be able to use all the coupons I've acquired. Hopefully I can find some friends that are travelling. (Note, this is not an offer of giving away coupons). I'm up to 12. Promo overlapped with a heavy travel period and I always book on mobile to get the extra points. Would do Emerald Checkout as well if more cars had the dang QR code
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I am never going to be able to use all the coupons I've acquired. Hopefully I can find some friends that are travelling. (Note, this is not an offer of giving away coupons). I'm up to 12. Promo overlapped with a heavy travel period and I always book on mobile to get the extra points. Would do Emerald Checkout as well if more cars had the dang QR code
In a similar bot Jason. I have 9 remaining coupons as of last count. Turning in another 2 week rental on Tuesday. Great promo, and my first time using it to its full advantage. Fleet replacement FTW!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by duxfan
The only thing you'll get for a 1 day rental is the 75 points if you reserve through the app. Otherwise it's nothing.
Apologies for just seeing this — I rented 1 day at an Enterprise neighborhood location and did receive the 200 point bonus. Not sure if YMMV but hopefully this data point helps!
SinglePapa2 and m907 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by juhlee

Apologies for just seeing this — I rented 1 day at an Enterprise neighborhood location and did receive the 200 point bonus. Not sure if YMMV but hopefully this data point helps!
So you'd say then: if you have to pay for 1 day rental, it's better to rent from neighborhood Enterprise for total 200p, then it is on National App for total of 75p?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
So you'd say then: if you have to pay for 1 day rental, it's better to rent from neighborhood Enterprise for total 200p, then it is on National App for total of 75p?
Yes, if I needed to top off for another award then I would definitely go the Enterprise route, presuming other factors more or less equal.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:58 am

I read all pages of onetwofree, and didn't see it anywhere that a bonus opportunity MUST be listed in YOUR opportunities to earn it. I paid a two-day Sat-Mon rental (one-way) and got all points for it EXCEPT 100 weekend rental points (not listed in MY opportunitities). What say you? From T&C:

In addition, Members may earn points through one or more of the following bonus opportunities during the promotion period. Each bonus opportunity has a specific point value which (if earned) can be combined with points earned for Qualifying Rentals.

Bonus Opportunities:
  • Weekend Rental: One-time bonus of 100 points when you rent for 2-4 days with a Saturday night keep (in addition to the points you earn for completing a Qualifying Rental)...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:49 pm

I read all pages of onetwofree, and didn't see it anywhere that a bonus opportunity MUST be listed in YOUR opportunities to earn it. I paid a two-day Sat-Mon rental (one-way) and got all points for it EXCEPT 100 weekend rental points (not listed in MY opportunitities). What say you? From T&C:

In addition, Members may earn points through one or more of the following bonus opportunities during the promotion period. Each bonus opportunity has a specific point value which (if earned) can be combined with points earned for Qualifying Rentals.

Bonus Opportunities:
  • Weekend Rental: One-time bonus of 100 points when you rent for 2-4 days with a Saturday night keep (in addition to the points you earn for completing a Qualifying Rental)...
A "bonus opportunity" would show up among your existing opportunities when they decide to make it available to you. Keep in mind that these promotions don't exist to reward you, they exist to influence behavior - they are trying to lead you to spend money with them in situations where you might have not done so.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
A "bonus opportunity" would show up among your existing opportunities when they decide to make it available to you. Keep in mind that these promotions don't exist to reward you, they exist to influence behavior - they are trying to lead you to spend money with them in situations where you might have not done so.
TY for your theory on marketing rationale. Yet, promo has T&C. Can anyone come up with a quote from any marketing (or terms) material that said: to receive points for extra bonus opportunity, this bonus opportunity must be listed on your dashboard? I haven't seen such.

And in T&Cs, I see the following
So I paid for a one-way Sat-Mon rental, based on this T&C of the promo. May I call them to ask why 100points never hit up, and thus I'm short of a coupon?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:54 pm

TY for your theory on marketing rationale. Yet, promo has T&C. Can anyone come up with a quote from any marketing (or terms) material that said: to receive points for extra bonus opportunity, this bonus opportunity must be listed on your dashboard? I haven't seen such.

And in T&Cs, I see the following
So I paid for a one-way Sat-Mon rental, based on this T&C of the promo. May I call them to ask why 100points never hit up, and thus I'm short of a coupon?
You're welcome! Happy to be of assistance!
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:02 am

May I call them to ask why 100points never hit up, and thus I'm short of a coupon?
Why are you asking permission to call them?
dwbf11 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by m907
Why are you asking permission to call them?
My reason for posting was to possibly prove myself wrong: was there mention ANYWHERE advertising 2018 promo that a Bonus Opportunity HAD TO BE ON your targeted dashboard - and not merely in Promo's T&C?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:13 am

I just called, and was told that a rental that used "a free benefit" is not eligible for a rental credit. That was a rental, for which I used a coupon, not a "free National day". The coupon I used was a 1-2-F coupon, after which the balance paid was $14.22 (that was for one optional feature and all taxes). Was CSR's position un-penetrable: this rental can't receive 1 rental credit? CSR refused to pull it up from T&C, he just said that's what "T&C are"

(I've received them on some of the same rentals, and also haven't received on some of the same rentals)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I just called, and was told that a rental that used "a free benefit" is not eligible for a rental credit. That was a rental, for which I used a coupon, not a "free National day". The coupon I used was a 1-2-F coupon, after which the balance paid was $14.22 (that was for one optional feature and all taxes). Was CSR's position un-penetrable: this rental can't receive 1 rental credit? CSR refused to pull it up from T&C, he just said that's what "T&C are"

(I've received them on some of the same rentals, and also haven't received on some of the same rentals)
This has been my experience. Use a one-two free coupon and no rental credit towards free day (yes to credit towards status).

I can't recall if paying at least one day and using a one-two coupon does earn rental credit though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.