Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Looks like the issue with cancelled 1-2 Free coupons not showing as redeemable again is now resolved, at least in my account. My previously-cancelled free days show up as available to use now...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Looks like the issue with cancelled 1-2 Free coupons not showing as redeemable again is now resolved, at least in my account. My previously-cancelled free days show up as available to use now...
Not mine - still showing redeemed
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:30 pm

Any updates on 1-2-Free 2020?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nd2010
Any updates on 1-2-Free 2020?
No pre registration email received yet. I’m guessing it may be a no go this year or announced later potentially for a shorter amount of time depending on demand
Old Aug 1, 2020, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I haven't been able to find this yet by scrolling: Is there literally any way to use 12F for any sort of discount on a non-aisle rental?

Have a week long trip coming up and will need a minivan or large SUV. This will likely be my last opportunity/need to rent a car for the rest of the year.

From what I can tell with attempting a booking, my choices are to either use 12F coupons and hope there's something on the EE Aisle, or book a minivan and throw away the 12F coupons... Am I missing something?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by gooselee
I haven't been able to find this yet by scrolling: Is there literally any way to use 12F for any sort of discount on a non-aisle rental?

Have a week long trip coming up and will need a minivan or large SUV. This will likely be my last opportunity/need to rent a car for the rest of the year.

From what I can tell with attempting a booking, my choices are to either use 12F coupons and hope there's something on the EE Aisle, or book a minivan and throw away the 12F coupons... Am I missing something?
I think the answer is no. You could try to call and ask. But I expect the answer will be no.
They just can't apply the coupon as a $$ off discount. It only works with certain rental types.
gooselee likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by storewanderer
I think the answer is no. You could try to call and ask. But I expect the answer will be no.
They just can't apply the coupon as a $$ off discount. It only works with certain rental types.
Yeah I'm figuring as much. Will probably book an aisle resv at National and also minivan with Avis or something as a backup.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:15 am

I guess no 1-2-Free this year as there’s little incentive to offer it. Low business travel.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nd2010
I guess no 1-2-Free this year as there’s little incentive to offer it. Low business travel.
What makes you say that? Usually it launches at the end of August with little advance notice. Because demand is down, I would think their cost exposure (in free days awarded) is going to be lower. And even a leisure traveler has an incentive to rent again when there's a program like 1-2-Free. A lot of hotels are running "Stay twice, get a free night" promos now. As someone still renting weekly, I'd be very disappointed if 1-2-Free doesn't come out this year.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by duxfan
What makes you say that? Usually it launches at the end of August with little advance notice. Because demand is down, I would think their cost exposure (in free days awarded) is going to be lower. And even a leisure traveler has an incentive to rent again when there's a program like 1-2-Free. A lot of hotels are running "Stay twice, get a free night" promos now. As someone still renting weekly, I'd be very disappointed if 1-2-Free doesn't come out this year.
There is usually pre-registration by now. Given National is basically out of business at this point (you get the Enterprise experience at "National" now), I will be surprised if they do this promotion this year. Also notice National's rates are very outrageous the past couple months, often double Alamo and Enterprise.
Auto Enthusiast and joepa26 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:44 am

what's this lol?
https://plusyourpoints.enterprise.co...r-_-usen.50601
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Looks like Enterprise taking care of its own.

More leisure travelers traveling now so they run a promotion to try to capture them. Seems like a wise move.

As for National...
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite

More leisure travelers traveling now so they run a promotion to try to capture them. Seems like a wise move.

As for National...
Yeah, at this point it's not looking good. I did reach out to customer care via the website. But as usual they don't answer any longer. I'm at 35 rentals this year. So I made EE on my own, and with the rollover, it won't take me long to hit it again next year. I'm supposed to be using Avis now, and they extended my Preferred Plus status that I rarely use. So if Avis runs a promo of some kind, I may well just use them for the remainder of the year.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:00 pm

As for National...
Interesting, so it may makes more sense to rent from enterprise during this promotion, if national doesn’t announce one.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by blufish312
Interesting, so it may makes more sense to rent from enterprise during this promotion, if national doesn’t announce one.
Doing so means you need to get Enterprise Plus.

I do not suggest having both Enterprise Plus and Emerald Club - things get really screwed up. When you want Emerald Club to apply, the Enterprise Plus will often be applied instead. I don't think they print on contracts now what loyalty program is being used either like they did in the old dot matrix printer days of Enterprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.