Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by oiris11
After the rental is finished, anybody knows how long does it take for the points (and free days coupons) to post?
Seems like it's typically overnight in my experience, i.e. not instant like regular free days but the system updates overnight.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:03 am

Just to make sure I'm reading the terms and conditions right - rentals in Canada don't count? I rented a car at YYZ (dropped off Wednesday), which would have been my second rental but no free day has posted. Disappointed it's not included in the list of countries.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by t325
Just to make sure I'm reading the terms and conditions right - rentals in Canada don't count? I rented a car at YYZ (dropped off Wednesday), which would have been my second rental but no free day has posted. Disappointed it's not included in the list of countries.
While inaccurate, I earned 1-2-F at YVR in September. With next Monday being a holiday in Canada, I suggest you wait until Tuesday or even Wednesday and then call Emerald Club at 800-962-7070.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, Wait I have an Ambassador?, National Exe. Elite, AA Gold, UA Silver
Was just told by CS rep that my 28+2 day and 3day coupon rentals don't qualify for 1-2-f points because the former was charged as a ccar and the latter was a free-day coupon rental.

I had no problem earning 12f points with either ccar or coupon rental last year (granted, it was 300 points per rental regardless of length). Did they change the rule this year or was I just lucky last year?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:56 pm

Anyone know how to enter 2 Coupon IDs when making a reservation on the App?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, National EE, HH Diamond
I also recently had a 2 day rental at YVR that I have not seen post to my account yet. I'm interested if it will count or not.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:20 pm

I just spoke to customer service who confirmed Canada rentals don't count for U.S. Emerald Club members. She said Canada has their own promotion, so I guess Canadian rentals count for Canadian members.

Oh well. I have a work trip to DTW (which, last time I checked has not moved 20 miles east across the river) next week to earn me my free day, which I plan to use the following week for a personal trip.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, National EE, HH Diamond
Good to know. I can stop logging in to my account now to check for updates. In previous years, Canada used to count. Sorry to hear they changed that.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I just spoke to customer service who confirmed Canada rentals don't count for U.S. Emerald Club members. She said Canada has their own promotion, so I guess Canadian rentals count for Canadian members.

Oh well. I have a work trip to DTW (which, last time I checked has not moved 20 miles east across the river) next week to earn me my free day, which I plan to use the following week for a personal trip.
That's too bad.. USA rentals (and others) count for Canadians...

"A Qualifying Rental is a paid rental, via the Emerald Club®, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental® locations in Canada and the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, as well as in Argentina, Aruba, Belize, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, St. Maarten, Surinam, Tortola, Trinidad & Tobago and Uruguay, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the Promotion."

Ron.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by mwk190
Seems like it's typically overnight in my experience, i.e. not instant like regular free days but the system updates overnight.
I dropped off at DTW yesterday and my activity hasn't yet posted even though it says "Reflects activity through 10/19/2017 8:00:AM EST". Really need that free day for a rental next week.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:20 am

Update to above, my free day coupon posted on the 12F site. But I already had an existing free day earned through the regular Emerald Club program in my account, and it seems you can't combine them. When I enter the coupon code for the 12F free day, and select to redeem 1 free day when creating a reservation, I get "Coupon 2 not valid with coupon 1"

I see nothing in the terms and conditions that says you can't combine them. The only thing in the T&C about using multiple free days is "To take advantage of this Promotion, make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. No more than three Free Rental Days may be redeemed toward one rental of three or more days." which implies that I should be able to use both as the reservation I'm trying to make is 4 days. Anyone else successfully used both types of free days on the same res?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Update to above, my free day coupon posted on the 12F site. But I already had an existing free day earned through the regular Emerald Club program in my account, and it seems you can't combine them. When I enter the coupon code for the 12F free day, and select to redeem 1 free day when creating a reservation, I get "Coupon 2 not valid with coupon 1"

I see nothing in the terms and conditions that says you can't combine them. The only thing in the T&C about using multiple free days is "To take advantage of this Promotion, make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. No more than three Free Rental Days may be redeemed toward one rental of three or more days." which implies that I should be able to use both as the reservation I'm trying to make is 4 days. Anyone else successfully used both types of free days on the same res?
You cannot combine any 'coupon code' (free day, upgrade, $ off) with a regular free day in your account. It's been like this forever.

Ron.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by newfbc
You cannot combine any 'coupon code' (free day, upgrade, $ off) with a regular free day in your account. It's been like this forever.

Ron.
Damn, I was looking forward to saving 80 bucks on my rental in LAX next week. Oh well, I'll settle for 40.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Check your bonus opportunities. Just found a 100 pt surprise opportunity added to my list.
PV_Premier and ginmqi like this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Segments
Check your bonus opportunities. Just found a 100 pt surprise opportunity added to my list.
Same here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.