Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Very interesting. I didn't even realize Emerald Reserve was not a pre-paid reservation(?) How does National guarantee you get your minivan when you arrive to claim it, without pre-payment? On a high demand day in NY last year I was unfulfilled for confirmed minivan, and was left with sizeable damages that morning
I won't pretend to actually know how they manage their inventory, but I would imagine that a good location manager would pull an appropriate number of vans, PCARs, LCARs whatever into the appropriate ER aisles to satisfy the ER reservations for that day.

Fewer minivan ER reservations = more vans on ES/EA. That kind of thing.

I would be severely mad if I made an ER reservation and that type of vehicle was not available when I arrived. At the very least, you should have the opportunity to take any other car on the lot that meets your needs (so, if I need a van, I'll settle for a 7-pax SUV, etc.).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:51 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by gooselee
I won't pretend to actually know how they manage their inventory, but I would imagine that a good location manager would pull an appropriate number of vans, PCARs, LCARs whatever into the appropriate ER aisles to satisfy the ER reservations for that day.

Fewer minivan ER reservations = more vans on ES/EA. That kind of thing.

I would be severely mad if I made an ER reservation and that type of vehicle was not available when I arrived. At the very least, you should have the opportunity to take any other car on the lot that meets your needs (so, if I need a van, I'll settle for a 7-pax SUV, etc.).
He was offered something that worked, took it but didn't like it, was ultimately given free days as comp, and my predecessor moderator warned him not to continue bringing the incident up. All of this is to say, let's keep this topic limited to 1-2-Free discussion only.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:26 pm

on 1-2-Free: it seems hard to get satisfactory phone Customer Service. I dial Emerald Club; and then WHO to ask to be transferred to? The reason I'm asking: while Emerald Club's CSRs tend to be very amicable and able to credit $amounts, they seem to be totally flabbergasted on how to possibly post missing 1-2-Free points
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:27 pm

on 1-2-Free: it seems hard to get satisfactory phone Customer Service. I dial Emerald Club; and then WHO to ask to be transferred to? The reason I'm asking: while Emerald Club's CSRs tend to be very amicable and able to credit $amounts, they seem to be totally flabbergasted on how to possibly post missing 1-2-Free points
Oddly enough I had a similar issue earlier in the promotion with some points from a refer a friend bonus not posting correctly. While it did take several phone calls, eventually I did get the points. There is a special department that handles the 1-2-F which is different than the normal CS. They handle issues in the order they are received so it can take them a few weeks to get it done, even if the front line CS agents ask for immediate crediting of the account. There is no way to contact them directly.

I would suggest keeping track of when you call and who you speak with, and if possible, ask for an incident ID so when you call the CS Reps can quickly locate your issue. Call back every week or so until you get a resolution and reference the incident ID and who you spoke with previously, and when you spoke with them. Make sure you're respectful and clear about what you're looking for when you call. Eventually, it will get done, you just have to be patient.

And as a housekeeping issue, I know you've asked this question 3 or 4 times throughout the forum in different threads; please try to avoid the multiple postings as it is against the forum rules.

Good luck!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:23 am

A very helpful answer, dwbf11. My call experience so far is echoing precisely: I'm always very organized and patient during my calls, and I note ref# on conclusion.

I just discovered that CSR (apparently) entered notation EX-PARTE, i.e. after we ended call last week. As if she "told me" the reason certain points were denied (she certainly didn't. But I see it perfectly possible she got that info from agents later, or possibly while having me on hold - but certainly didn't disclose it to me!) I certainly have a rebuttal to her entry, and escalated it today. I hate the (75 point issue) issue still lingering 1/29. Tackling 1-2-Free issues may be tougher come official program sunset
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:41 am

Here's my example (completely my fault, but I'm still interested in if/when it might be resolved). I reserved a Compact 2-day rental last weekend and completed it. The day after my rental, I noticed it didn't credit my 1-2-Free points and didn't take me long to figure out it was because I didn't rent a Midsize (ugh, still can't believe I forgot about that!).

Anyhoo, I called the branch where I rented, explained the situation, and asked if they could change it to a Midsize and I'd pay the delta. Agent was super nice and understood the deal, she was able to change the 'car reserved' to the car class i actually drove (Intermediate -- that's above a Midsize, right???) and my online RA does reflect this.

Unfortunately that change did not prompt any change to my 1-2-Free points so I called this morning to dig into it. The agent I spoke with is still seeing a Compact on the reservation, even though it shows Intermediate on my side (and I did pay $17 more). So he catalogued it, provided the reference number, and advised to call back in 1 week if nothing has changed. We shall see!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I made the mistake once last year of reserving a compact with a free upgrade coupon to midsize. I got no 1-2-Free credit, but I did enjoy it when the non-aisle location ended up giving me a Mustang convertible.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:32 am

I finally resolved missing credit...Quick check now since we're already past 1/31/2015:

so from today on, absolutely no reward from jumping thru any hoops?

-no need to reserve at least Midsize
-no need to reserve via app
-no benefit from paying any option such as fuel, GPS, etc?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I finally resolved missing credit...Quick check now since we're already past 1/31/2015:

so from today on, absolutely no reward from jumping thru any hoops?

-no need to reserve at least Midsize
-no need to reserve via app
-no benefit from paying any option such as fuel, GPS, etc?
Well, you probably want to reserve midsize+ if you want to use EA/ES.

But that's my read - unless you have any specific coupons/promos, there is not need to do anything special for 12F points anymore.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by gooselee
Well, you probably want to reserve midsize+ if you want to use EA/ES.

But that's my read - unless you have any specific coupons/promos, there is not need to do anything special for 12F points anymore.
Sorry if I'm being extra dense here, but I just want to confirm that there is currently *no* national promotion going on, correct?

I think that is the case based upon about 10 minutes of google and poking at national's website. But, I'd sure hate to miss out on freebies/bonuses just because I forgot to register!

Assuming the answer is "No promotions currently", is this historically normal for National to have periods with no promotions?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:09 am

Very normal. National historically has the 1-2 Free promotion from the end of Aug or the beginning of Sept until the end of Jan. In the spring they usually have the FL driveout, and in late fall they often have the FL drivein. Other than the normal coupons and free days, this is what they offer. The coupons and FL one-way specials are similar to what the competition does. 1-2 Free is something unique to National.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Very normal. National historically has the 1-2 Free promotion from the end of Aug or the beginning of Sept until the end of Jan. In the spring they usually have the FL driveout, and in late fall they often have the FL drivein. Other than the normal coupons and free days, this is what they offer. The coupons and FL one-way specials are similar to what the competition does. 1-2 Free is something unique to National.
Got it. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
is there any email to contact about the ONE TWO FREE promo ??

missing some free days
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Has anyone had a rental that spanned 1/31 credit as 'activity'? According to this thread, rentals that started before, but ended after, the end date would qualify for the 300pts.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by flightrisk
Has anyone had a rental that spanned 1/31 credit as 'activity'? According to this thread, rentals that started before, but ended after, the end date would qualify for the 300pts.
Still waiting for my 1/29-2/1 rental to show up as qualifying as well...so we'll see. FWIW the T&C's only say the rental has to start by that date, there is nothing in there about when they must end to qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.