Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Howste
I got a 1-2-F pre-registration email today for next fall's promo...
Can you share details? What date is it starting on this Fall?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by cba13
Can you share details? What date is it starting on this Fall?
Unfortunately no details in the email that are very helpful. It's really just a teaser.
Thank you for participating in the ONE TWO FREE® 2013 promotion. With new opportunities in 2014, this year's ONE TWO FREE will be even more rewarding. Preregister now by selecting the button below. Then you'll be all set to start earning a Free Rental Day with every two rentals when the ONE TWO FREE 2014 promotion begins this fall. Do it today - and watch your inbox for exciting details as fall approaches.
Clicking on the preregistration link takes me to a web page with not much info at all:

Thank you for preregistering for ONE TWO FREE® 2014.
We'll send you an email reminder later this summer when the all-new ONE TWO FREE 2014 (with more earning opportunities!) gets closer to launching. If you want to start planning your fall and winter travel now, visit emeraldclub.com.

Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Howste
Unfortunately no details in the email that are very helpful. It's really just a teaser.

Clicking on the preregistration link takes me to a web page with not much info at all:

Thank you for preregistering for ONE TWO FREE® 2014.
We'll send you an email reminder later this summer when the all-new ONE TWO FREE 2014 (with more earning opportunities!) gets closer to launching. If you want to start planning your fall and winter travel now, visit emeraldclub.com.

No real info on dates
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just noticed I had 6 1-2 Free coupon codes left from last season. Mistakenly thought they were good through June 30
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:57 am

http://www.emeraldclubpromos.com

it starts today, 8/20, didn't receive any emails about it though
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:57 am

It was probably a sneak attack to ensure that everyone either 1) has to rebook their near-term reservations, probably at a higher price or 2) doesn't get as many 1-2 Free credits.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
The Refer a Friend bonus...

Is that when someone who is already an EC member enrolls in 1-2-Free and rents?

Or is it when someone who is not an EC member enrolls in the EC, 1-2-Free, and rents?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: Dust...
Originally Posted by aww3583
The Refer a Friend bonus...

Is that when someone who is already an EC member enrolls in 1-2-Free and rents?

Or is it when someone who is not an EC member enrolls in the EC, 1-2-Free, and rents?
"An enrolled member of ONE TWO FREE 2014 will earn a bonus of 300 points for each friend he/she refers who successfully enrolls in ONE TWO FREE and completes a qualifying rental by January 31, 2015."

Sounds like existing EC members qualify for referrals as well. Unfortunately I've already registered and re-reserved my upcoming reservations with mobile app so I can't help anyone here out. Good opportunity for someone to start a referral conga.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:16 pm

The Refer-A-Friend component doesn't appear to be a part of the Canadian promo?!?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Is it just me, or does the following question in the FAQ not get answered? The response does not tell me whether a rental that was picked up before the promotion started but returned after will receive credit. The term "made" isn't defined anywhere as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know the actual answer from previous ONE TWO FREE promotions? I'm a relatively newly minted EE via status match earlier this year.

Will I receive credit for a rental that was picked up before the promotion started but returned after?
Points will be awarded for each qualifying rental made after the date on which the you registered and which occurs from August 20, 2014, through January 31, 2015. Credit will not be given for rentals made prior to your registration date. A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald Club®, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental® locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.
Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by lbbzman
Is it just me, or does the following question in the FAQ not get answered? The response does not tell me whether a rental that was picked up before the promotion started but returned after will receive credit. The term "made" isn't defined anywhere as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know the actual answer from previous ONE TWO FREE promotions? I'm a relatively newly minted EE via status match earlier this year.
I'm pretty sure from my experience last year that the answer is no, you don't get credit for it. Also, a rental that starts before the end date and ends after the end date doesn't post credits either.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Do reservations made before the 8/20/14 start of promo for rentals to occur during Sept need to be re-booked now in order to qualify for 1-2-F?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:25 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by greek2me
Do reservations made before the 8/20/14 start of promo for rentals to occur during Sept need to be re-booked now in order to qualify for 1-2-F?
No. Operative date is time of rental (pickup and return), not when the res was made.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dwbf11
No. Operative date is time of rental (pickup and return), not when the res was made.
I was just coming here to ask that same question, so thanks for answering it!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by piper28
I'm pretty sure from my experience last year that the answer is no, you don't get credit for it. Also, a rental that starts before the end date and ends after the end date doesn't post credits either.
I also thought the answer for this one didn't answer the question. I have a current rental that started earlier in the week ending tomorrow, so it has 2 paid days in the promo period (Aug 20-21).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.