Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Cars at YOW (Ottawa International Airport)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AT Gold, National Exec Elite

Rented fullsize. Offered Mazda 6, Dodge Charger, Kia Optima, VW Passat.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:02 pm

Original thread was here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...s-yyz-yow.html

However, since YYZ got its own NEW thread, perhalps we should abandon the combined one and start with this one, maybe even have it stickied in the master thread?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:03 pm

Weekend rental

Booked Mid-size for 4 day weekend;

Offered Maxima or Genesis. Spotted the 13' Ford Fusions and grabed one of those instead
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hearna
Original thread was here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...s-yyz-yow.html

However, since YYZ got its own NEW thread, perhalps we should abandon the combined one and start with this one, maybe even have it stickied in the master thread?
Beat ya - already done.

Peteropny - mod - national
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:45 pm

Last 3 Standard car rentals (weekends)

VW Passat
MB C300
Chrysler 200

The merc was a very nice treat!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:41 pm

Last 3 Standard size rentals :

Maxima
Maxima (Same actually)
Infinity EX37

All on a good 3 day weekend rate (82$ all in) using the rent 3 get one free coupon.
Old May 6, 2013, 1:14 pm

I didn't have much luck at this location on Saturday afternoon. I had a Full reserved but when I showed up the agent was very perturbed. They had no vehicles, he told me. He hunted around for a while, went over to the Enterprise office, then came back and offered me an Edge. It had 36,000 km on the clock but seemed otherwise decent. Unfortunately, the driver's seat was inoperable. No way to adjust it at all. I went back to the counter and was told they'd just had a return but that it would be minimum 15-20 minutes + before they'd have it serviced. As I was only using the rental to get to and from the airport and could borrow a vehicle if I really I needed it I gave up and hopped in a cab.

I realize these things happen, but clearly their fleet is pretty stretched if they can't hold a car for an Exec member. I'll probably go with Avis or Budget next to see how they do. Based on Hearna's reports I was hoping for better from them.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:13 pm

haha; if only I could count how many times hertz left me high and dry... They regularly pull stuff off the Alamo lot for me

You should at least double book next time and give them a second chance, but have a fall back.

Hertz's idea of Luxury at YOW is a 2009 DTS... and Premium is a 2010 Town and Country...

I once got a Buick (Premium) but only because it had NY plates (one wayed to them)

Budget has a fleet of BMW 3 series as info...
Old May 7, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
haha; if only I could count how many times hertz left me high and dry... They regularly pull stuff off the Alamo lot for me
Really?

Ron.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Reserved a premium car @ YOW (Fri 14/6).
What car can I expect?
Nissan Maxima??
Merc C Class??
(I am not using my Emerald, because I reserved through Alamo)

Thank you very much

Last edited by EG8196; May 28, 2013 at 5:21 pm
Old May 28, 2013, 11:27 am

Maxima or 300; They also do have a few Merc C's and Genesis (L's) that they some time throw out there...

My last rental was a C; offered Anything in F class. They did also offer G as a 5$ per day upgrade and L for 45$ per day upgrade. I stuck with the gas sipping Sonata.
Old May 28, 2013, 12:37 pm

Are you talking about Hertz? National classifies the genesis as a premium.
Old May 28, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Maxima or 300; They also do have a few Merc C's and Genesis (L's) that they some time throw out there...

My last rental was a C; offered Anything in F class. They did also offer G as a 5$ per day upgrade and L for 45$ per day upgrade. I stuck with the gas sipping Sonata.
I don't want a 300 or a genesis......

I hope I can get a Benz lol
Old May 29, 2013, 5:05 am

Anything can happen, but I say your chances of getting a Benz on an Alamo Premium reservation are very slim. Better hope they are out of actual premiums when you get there, or be ready to pony up some $$$ for an upgrade rate..

Last edited by Coastercameron; May 29, 2013 at 5:42 am
Old May 29, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by EG8196
I don't want a 300 or a genesis......

I hope I can get a Benz lol
I'd rather get a loaded Fusion Titanium than a base C250, etc.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.