Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Rate goes up when signed in as Emerald Exec ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Another first for me: Trying to rent a midsize for 2 weeks in October and get a quote of $480 - sounds reasonable..
But if I sign in, the rate shoots to $700

This is without having selected any insurances as they are all covered by CC..

What the heck
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There are discount (corporate) codes that can include damage waivers, unlimited mileage, and more liberal one-way rules. Just delete the code from the discount field after you log in.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Could the $220 be taxes/fees/etc?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Alternately, there's a code or contract the site is applying when you're logged out, that it's *not* applying when you're logged in.

Look at the lower price reservation, click the "modify trip" link, and note the contract code and rate code (if any). If you log in and manually enter that contract and rate code, you should get the same price.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Obv. this was just a glitch because there was no corp code whatsoever in any booking - still the amount differed.

As per today I do get the exact same rates whether being signed in or not..

Thanks though for all the input !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.