Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Europcar rental in Australia as National Executive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:59 am
Original Poster

We want to rent from National in Sydney and return in Melbourne through the National website which says "seviced by Europcar".
Seems a little odd as this is probably as far away as you can get from Europe. Nontheless the oneway gives a pretty good price..

Any experiences sbdy here on what to expect / be careful about ?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:58 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
My research (regarding Europcar in Europe) has been that National status will not mean anything with Europcar. I don't think that would be any different in Australia.

If the perks of status are important to you (i.e., free upgrades), I'd look into getting a Hertz/Sixt/other agency status match.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:56 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Europcar is like the distant cousin that you are meeting for the first time. You know that you are related but can not quite figure out the connection.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Europcar is like the distant cousin that you are meeting for the first time. You know that you are related but can not quite figure out the connection.
LOL - prb no better way to describe it
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
My research (regarding Europcar in Europe) has been that National status will not mean anything with Europcar. I don't think that would be any different in Australia.

If the perks of status are important to you (i.e., free upgrades), I'd look into getting a Hertz/Sixt/other agency status match.
I actually didn't even think that one might get status perks.. would be nice but as I don not have that much experience with down under a good car would be benefit enough
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I have never used EuroCar in Australia, but I have in Europe.

You are not supposed to get any perks from your National account with EuroCar, but you could get lucky. I usually explain to the agent at the desk that I am Executive Elite with National, made my reservation on National, and I am guaranteed a full size car. It works almost every time and I end up with a 3-series or C-class with Navi.

Regarding the post above regarding Perks...Hertz definitely recognizes status in Europe (I was a mouse hair away from being given a Range Rover the last time)...but again, no experience in Australia, I am always picked up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.