Search

National Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

National Status Match

Just saw this;

https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/

I find it hard to believe that Avis Chairman's Club is equivalent to EE, UNLESS, you rent from YYZ, hahaha. However, I must give high marks to National's ability to double dip in rewards, earn rental days quickly, and use free rental days on one-way trips.

EE ought to have some other benefits, or at least there ought to be another tier beyond EE yet below VIP.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
Just came over from Hertz President's Circle. Thanks! You rock!

I rented a full size the other day and got an altima that smelled bad and just said "I'm done".

This plus the latest promo? Consider me converted.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Welcome astan100, glad you made the switch!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:56 am

Just got the confirmation of Exec Elite. Doing my first rental next monday at SEA.

The question is if I don't requal by the EOY for Executive Elite, will I get to keep the status into 2012?

I should be Exec either way, which is what I really wanted.

EDIT:

National Car Rental® Status Match Terms and Conditions
Status match will be granted upon review and approval to members with valid elite status in Hertz #1 Club Gold, Avis Preferred or Avis First. Status match may only be requested once during member's membership. Matched status is valid until February 28 two years following the status match. To maintain matched status, member must meet the standard qualifications as follows: for Executive status 12-24 rentals or 40-84 rental days in the full calendar year following status match; for Executive Elite status 25 or more rentals or 85 or more rental days in the full calendar year following status match. Full program terms and conditions can be found at emeraldclub.com.

Last edited by astan100; Aug 26, 2011 at 8:20 am
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Just saw this;

https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/

I find it hard to believe that Avis Chairman's Club is equivalent to EE, UNLESS, you rent from YYZ, hahaha. However, I must give high marks to National's ability to double dip in rewards, earn rental days quickly, and use free rental days on one-way trips.

EE ought to have some other benefits, or at least there ought to be another tier beyond EE yet below VIP.
Wow, first company that I know of that has an official web page. Does Avis/Hertz do the same for status matching?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 1:33 am

Hmm, that would make it 5 tiers (although VIP is not actually considered a status tier, its more of a conferred thing). But still, 4-5 tiers is a bit more than the other companies, yes?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ritz
Hmm, that would make it 5 tiers (although VIP is not actually considered a status tier, its more of a conferred thing). But still, 4-5 tiers is a bit more than the other companies, yes?
Don't Avis and Hertz have at least 4 tiers?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 7:10 pm

Don't Avis and Hertz have at least 4 tiers?
Hertz has:

1) Nothing
2) Gold
3) 5 star
4) President's Circle
5) Platinum - but you have to pay 1400 per year for this or run a large company. No way to earn it.

National essentially has the same earnable levels, and they are easier to acheive.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by astan100
Hertz has:

1) Nothing
2) Gold
3) 5 star
4) President's Circle
5) Platinum - but you have to pay 1400 per year for this or run a large company. No way to earn it.

National essentially has the same earnable levels, and they are easier to acheive.
Is 5star/PC pretty equal to Executive and EE?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 8:27 am

No. 5 Star gets you almost nothing. I'm president's circle which is 40 rentals a year or 120 days, and I pretty much stopped getting upgraded to anything interesting. i.e- I'd rent a fullsize or standard and get a mazda 6 or altima. total base model.

5 star in theory entitles you to a 1 class upgrade, but rarely yields anything interesting.

Edit:

Since we are on the topic of hertz anyway, the obvious question is "why would you bother". For me, though the average car is worse than national, the top ends cars are more plentiful and potentially more awesome. I.e- Vettes and G Class Mercedes.

You can use your points for those, but it costs a lot of points. If you are doing a rental for 3 days or more with Hertz, you will accrue a rental day faster than National. I think this benefits consultants and people who require cars for a week at a time (or even monthly).

Last edited by astan100; Aug 28, 2011 at 8:37 am
Old Aug 28, 2011, 9:42 am

If you are doing a rental for 3 days or more with Hertz, you will accrue a rental day faster than National.

Not necessarily. It depends on the price. If you spend several hundred dollars several times, maybe. But if your total is usually in the double digits, likely not.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 7:58 pm

I just received confirmation of my status match to Executive from Avis First. I'll try out my new status at MCO next week. Hope there are some decent vehicles for ES.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 5:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I'm about to reach EE for the first time next week and agree that I wish there were a little more differentiation (from what I can see). I've been renting from TUL the past 5 weeks and have had great service as an Executive (I've taken any car I want on the lot every week and the booth has encouraged it).
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Thank you for sharing, drzoidberg ^^
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Thanks for sharing. I have applied to match. I would like to switch from Hertz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.