Wiki Posts
Search

One Way Rental AVL -MHT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

One Way Rental AVL -MHT

Hello!
I'm new to the forum but spent a lot of time reading the last couple days. I am searching for a great deal on a one way rental from Asheville back to New Hampshire. So far, the best I can do is $264 from 2PM Sunday aug 5 to 2 PM tues the 7th, no drop fee. I'm driving my Dad's car down to NC, and was going to fly back but recently adopted an old dog who can't fly. Any suggestions would be appreciated
~Carey
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
Looks like a good rate to me, just make sure there is no mileage charge, as sometimes a drop fee is much cheaper.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
I went to Southwest.com and put in those dates and Hertz had a midsize for $219 and fullsize for $229 with taxes included, showed unlimited miles and no drop. Sometimes you get hit with some extra fees and taxes (from both airports) so I would print everything out and even call after booking to verify there would be no additional costs.

One way rentals can be killers, as you know.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I will check out Southwest. I did call National customer service after making the reservation, just to make sure there were no surprise fees to be added upon return. Looks like the mileage is unlimited too, but it sounds like SW is the way to go.

~Carey
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Quick update- After checking through Southwest, I looked on the site for Hertz and with a promo for $5 off a one way rental and using the AAA code was able to get Nissan Altima for $197. I just have to call them to hear that there is no drop charge. Much better than $264 with National. Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.