Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update for new cars @ FLL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nissan Leaf? Which locations will get these?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:17 pm

Are the 2012 Passats the base model are the SEL trim with Fender audio?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen

Different locations have different cars.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Are the 2012 Passats the base model are the SEL trim with Fender audio?

So far the passats we have are the base models at FLL.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by babyboy754
Different locations have different cars.
How is the Leaf categorized? Will any go to the FLL station?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:13 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; LG-P999 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by babyboy754
Originally Posted by Sweetmakki
Would you happen to know the dates of the Florida drive out promotion?

I read it starts this month.
Since last year it started in April I think that's a big change that I may be able to use... Please keep us posted thank you
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:33 am

No, there's a misunderstanding. Cars won't be available for pickup at a special one-way rate in January. The offer will be advertised in January, for pickup in April and May as usual. Think about it: There's mid-winter break for K-12, and spring break. Meanwhile, the Northeast and other parts of the country remain cold. The demand in FL will thus still be strong.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
No, there's a misunderstanding. Cars won't be available for pickup at a special one-way rate in January. The offer will be advertised in January, for pickup in April and May as usual. Think about it: There's mid-winter break for K-12, and spring break. Meanwhile, the Northeast and other parts of the country remain cold. The demand in FL will thus still be strong.
Strong FL demand? Unless I missed it there were no FL drive in specials this year. The lots at MCO were packed last month with stored cars and outside of the holidays rates are ridiculously cheap.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:16 pm

Do we have to return them fully charged?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:00 am

Strong FL demand? Unless I missed it there were no FL drive in specials this year. The lots at MCO were packed last month with stored cars and outside of the holidays rates are ridiculously cheap.

Avis had one in October from NY, PA, and DC, and then another one from GA, NC, and SC in early December. It was more limited because this year all the rental companies got good deals to purchase cars in FL. I've heard this from Hertz, Avis, and National reps. Last year they told me the good deals were in the NY area, which was unusual.

The snowstorm in October also changed which cities had surpluses. There was a large pileup in NY, with one-way specials soon after to go to other cities. But not really to go to FL.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Darby
Strong FL demand? The lots at MCO were packed last month with stored cars and outside of the holidays rates are ridiculously cheap.
I beg to differ. Trying to get MCO the last weekend of the month, no holiday, and a midsize is $42/day for the weekend. I can use the free day, but still comes out to $30/day. I can get a mid-size at Payless for $9/day. Never done it, but this time my brand loyalty may be dropped for price savings. Total is $60 vs $160 for National, ouch.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

How is the Leaf categorized? Will any go to the FLL station?

Didn't get a chance to see the class. Sorry.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Right! But I have a friend who works the counter and she said they have good deals now for the older cars we can't get rid of. Sorry for the miscommunication.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Do we have to return them fully charged?

Not sure. It never came to Alamo returns. Only national. Our returns are within feet of each other.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

2012 avalons and more 2012 genesis sedans, some more grand Cherokee limiteds and a few more 2012 camry's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.