Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

National allows early returns with no penalty? Cool!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:36 am
Original Poster

I rented a car for 2 weeks using the Flying Blue contract, but only used it for 11 days. I called them about an early return and was very pleased to find out that they'd modify the contract to be 1 week + 4 days and not charge any fees, thus saving me about $100. Based on what I'd heard about rental companies I really didn't expect them to do that! ^
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Rates and terms can vary wildly based on the used corporate/affiliation code and the applicable rate plans. A person could generalize from your one experience at significant risk.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jun 17, 2012 at 11:44 am
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Rates and terms can vary wildly based on the used corporate/affiliation code and the applicable rate plans. A person could generalize from your one experience at significant risk.
Especially if you're on a weekly or weekend rate and end up not keeping over a Sat night.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:21 pm

I have been hit with some big increases when returning early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.