Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

National Car & Driver contract id isn't for employees, correct? (XVC1092 and XVC1093)

National Car & Driver contract id isn't for employees, correct? (XVC1092 and XVC1093)

Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

I'm considering using the XVC1093 contract id for a National rental, but wanted to make sure it's not intended for Car & Driver magazine employees. Does anyone know for sure it's intended for use by anyone (that reads the magazine I guess?)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:08 pm

This is an age-old debate. People on other forums who claim to work(ed) for Enterprise Holdings (who owns National) have backed this code up as "the best unrestricted code" and it has been in WIDE circulation for ages. Many, many people (myself included) have used this code repeatedly with no problems. However, there has never been (as far as I can tell) a definitive answer regarding this code.

As usual, YMMV, and if you have to ask you probably shouldn't technically be using it, and PLEASE, whatever you do, DO NOT contact National and ask if you are qualified to use ANY code.

Also, I hope this doesn't become another lightning rod, where people debate relentlessly about the ethics of using discount codes you may or may not be actually entitled to use.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

OK thanks. Without knowing for sure, I don't think it's worth it -- I'll just go with Hertz.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by zaboomafoozarg
I'm considering using the XVC1093 contract id for a National rental, but wanted to make sure it's not intended for Car & Driver magazine employees. Does anyone know for sure it's intended for use by anyone (that reads the magazine I guess?)
At some point, doesn't common sense kick in with posting the Contract ID's in the THREAD TITLES??? I mean, seriously, there is an entire thread devoted to Contract ID's and discounts already. You managed to find FlyerTalk and find the National forum - you couldn't find the thread?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ritz
At some point, doesn't common sense kick in with posting the Contract ID's in the THREAD TITLES??? I mean, seriously, there is an entire thread devoted to Contract ID's and discounts already. You managed to find FlyerTalk and find the National forum - you couldn't find the thread?
Posting everything that's remotely similar in 1 giant thread for all time defeats the purpose of a forum.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 2:02 pm

Posting everything that's remotely similar in 1 giant thread for all time defeats the purpose of a forum.
This is not "remotely similar", it's exactly on point:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...ns-thread.html
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
This code doesn't work anymore. I used it for years and now I need a new one.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:14 pm

yup - just confirmed; it's dead.

Ctrct ID # XVC1093 CAR & DRIVER (INCL)

02428: This contract is not active
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Same here, price almost doubled on my last rental. My next rental has completely disappeared as well. No email or notification either, I found out by double checking my reservation. Horribly handled if you ask me.

If someone would be so kind as to PM me an alternate code, I'd be much appreciative! My family has a trip upcoming for a week and we need a car.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:17 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by BeanieTX
Same here, price almost doubled on my last rental. My next rental has completely disappeared as well. No email or notification either, I found out by double checking my reservation. Horribly handled if you ask me.

If someone would be so kind as to PM me an alternate code, I'd be much appreciative! My family has a trip upcoming for a week and we need a car.
If you weren't entitled to be using the code (and the origins of the Car and Driver code are murky at best), I don't think there are any grounds for complaint about canceling your reservation. I'd suggest checking the emerald club code or last minute specials code, or check with any affinity groups you may be associated with for to see if they offer national codes.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by dwbf11
If you weren't entitled to be using the code (and the origins of the Car and Driver code are murky at best), I don't think there are any grounds for complaint about canceling your reservation. I'd suggest checking the emerald club code or last minute specials code, or check with any affinity groups you may be associated with for to see if they offer national codes.
I didn't know that I needed any permission to use the code. As a Car & Driver subscriber for the last 8 years, I felt "entitled to be using the code" and therefore, "there are grounds for complaint" that my reservation was cancelled.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:18 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
With all due respect, I'm not sure why you felt the need to respond sarcastically. No disrespect was meant by my post. Anecdotal reports from this forum and others suggest the code was not actually meant for subscribers of the magazine. I am 99% sure you won't be able to find XVC1092 or XVC1093 printed in any C&D magazine or other membership materials from the past many years, but if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me. I've been a subscriber for almost 15 years and never once have I come across anything.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by dwbf11
I am 99% sure you won't be able to find XVC1092 or XVC1093 printed in any C&D magazine or other membership materials from the past many years
Does C&D print the Hertz code?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Plat,UA Gold,Copa Gold,Marriott Gold,HH Silver,Hyatt Plat
Saw that my reservation was cancelled and called to confirm. National sent me a confirmation again and said it was not. I cannot find the reservation online at all and get the same code is dead message.

Not sure who to believe but as exec I hope they make sure my reservation doesn't get messed up.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:07 pm

The New Contract ID #

Hello, does anybody have the new C&D Cont ID # for 2015 - 2016?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.