Wiki Posts
Search

Free 1yr Executive status upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: lots of little things
Free 1yr Executive status upgrade

Didn't see this posted, sorry if this is a dupe. Upgrade to Executive this link on the landing page Signatureflight.com

https://www.nationalcar.com/index.do...re-partnership

One link for new members (status thru 2/14 shown on my summary page), and another email link for current members to access a one-year free upgrade to NE.

Not sure if I'll get any use out of it, but it's better than a hole in the head.

Last edited by dc333; Apr 10, 2012 at 8:59 pm
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:01 pm

Technically you're supposed to be a member of the "Signature Flight Services" to take advantage of this upgrade.

Interesting, I saw some BMWs reserved at DCA with the signs "Signature" on them. I guess this is what they were referring to.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Technically you're supposed to be a member of the "Signature Flight Services" to take advantage of this upgrade.

Interesting, I saw some BMWs reserved at DCA with the signs "Signature" on them. I guess this is what they were referring to.
It is courting Signature customers, but the promo takes over the entire screen at signatureflight.com , and without any fine print. On the other hand, it's also available for Signature flight crews.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:08 pm

I am only a couple rentals away from legitimately earning executive status. Since the requirements for this promo are extraordinarily vague, I figured "what the heck" and submitted myself for the upgrade. All it asked for in the email template is name and ec #.

I'll let the board know what the result is.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:23 pm

Looked at my account this afternoon.. My status got updated no questions asked.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:06 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
That is subject to clawback. I expect National will probably notice that tons of people are using it and may revise the status accordingly. That is what happened last year when Hertz ran a similar promotion for employees of another company. I agree the terms are vague but I think that we all know that this promotion is not meant for us (and by "us" I assume none of the posters in here are otherwise affiliated with Signature). The promo is worded as though this is targeted at passengers and/or crew members of Signature. Hotel chains often do the same thing too when a promo gets used too much (e.g., earlier this year Hilton ran a promo for users of a certain credit card giving such users automatic "Gold" status and upon review a month later, all those who weren't actually eligible lost the status). Congrats on the upgrade though. Mods may want to move/lock this thread before word gets out over on SD/disboards/similar sites.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
That is subject to clawback. I expect National will probably notice that tons of people are using it and may revise the status accordingly. That is what happened last year when Hertz ran a similar promotion for employees of another company. I agree the terms are vague but I think that we all know that this promotion is not meant for us (and by "us" I assume none of the posters in here are otherwise affiliated with Signature). The promo is worded as though this is targeted at passengers and/or crew members of Signature. Hotel chains often do the same thing too when a promo gets used too much (e.g., earlier this year Hilton ran a promo for users of a certain credit card giving such users automatic "Gold" status and upon review a month later, all those who weren't actually eligible lost the status). Congrats on the upgrade though. Mods may want to move/lock this thread before word gets out over on SD/disboards/similar sites.
Sure, there will be some attention drawn at National if the sign-ups get out of hand. This is however, a completely open, untargeted offer broadcast over the main signatureflight.com homepage. Forget the detailed link from the first post. There are also zero T&C's or fine print.

Hesitation is fine, and any status earned may well be recalled, but that would be unlikely in my mind. Without T&C's, there is no ground to stand on.

I for one didn't have my Hilton Gold status taken back either.

In the end, YMMV, as always.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:13 pm

Like I said.. It doesn't really matter to me anyways. I will "earn" exec in a couple rentals anyways.

It seems that it would be difficult to compare the list of people who used the promo against a list of anyone who has ever been a passenger of signature. But I guess we will see. If any action is taken, I can see it just being putting the page in a more "secure" location that keeps non-targeted people out.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:23 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Like I said.. It doesn't really matter to me anyways. I will "earn" exec in a couple rentals anyways.

It seems that it would be difficult to compare the list of people who used the promo against a list of anyone who has ever been a passenger of signature. But I guess we will see. If any action is taken, I can see it just being putting the page in a more "secure" location that keeps non-targeted people out.
I'm not saying you will necessarily get penalized. As we all know National's IT, well, leaves a lot to be desired. And maybe you're right, nothing will happen. Just a red flag to be aware of, that's all. I'm sure it will show up on SlickDeals by day's end anyways
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Airtran A+ Elite
I'm not saying you will necessarily get penalized. As we all know National's IT, well, leaves a lot to be desired. And maybe you're right, nothing will happen. Just a red flag to be aware of, that's all. I'm sure it will show up on SlickDeals by day's end anyways
Only 1 hour later.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:04 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Mods may want to move/lock this thread before word gets out over on SD/disboards/similar sites.
Thanks for the suggestion - however, since this is a legitimate discussion and it hasn't become sniping, it should remain open. Locking it wouldn't do anything to keep it from spreading anyways.

FWIW, my Hilton Gold did get "clawed back".
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
sweet..got a rental in two weeks..might help..might not...at least i didn't risk much..
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:49 pm

Well, surprise surprise. Already posted on SD this afternoon with nearly 10K hits already. Nice of them not to credit the flyertalk OP.

http://slickdeals.net/f/4212962-Free...ecutive-Status
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by dc333
Hesitation is fine, and any status earned may well be recalled, but that would be unlikely in my mind. Without T&C's, there is no ground to stand on.
There are no T&C's on the Signature pop up. There are T&C's on the signup @ National.

So yeah, they do have grounds for revoking this promotion. And hopefully they will.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:52 am

Yes, t&c's that say that you have to be a passenger of a large air-service company. Kinda like giving great rates to anyone who joins Air France's FF program.

So if you took a ride in a jet chartered by your rich uncle and serviced by signature once, does that make you a passenger?

As I said previously, I am aware people are bending the (nearly non-existent) rules here and if National wants to pull the plug, that is their prerogative. However, they can't keep posting deals like this and expect them not to be misused. It is casting a very wide net for a very small fish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.