Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

2012 Chrysler 300 Limited 8-Speed Transmission Ride Report/Review

2012 Chrysler 300 Limited 8-Speed Transmission Ride Report/Review

Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Does National carry the Hemi engine on any models? Rented a Magnum years ago and it had one.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:44 pm

Look for the "C" badge next to the 300 moniker. They have a V8.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Always nice getting a new car! Looks like yours has some optional equipment too, though I can't make it out- the letters are too small.
It just says "Customer Preferred Package" and 50-state emissions.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
It just says "Customer Preferred Package" and 50-state emissions.
Oh, not as exciting as I thought.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:22 pm

I was surprised to find the sticker, as the car is 2 months old, but it was folded up in a bag with all the manuals, which were still shrink wrapped together.

It said something along the lines of "this sticker is provided in accordance with federal law". I don't think it was ever on the window.

After 4 hours in the 300, I agree with the seats being less than comfortable.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
I was surprised to find the sticker, as the car is 2 months old, but it was folded up in a bag with all the manuals, which were still shrink wrapped together.

It said something along the lines of "this sticker is provided in accordance with federal law". I don't think it was ever on the window.

After 4 hours in the 300, I agree with the seats being less than comfortable.
just a quick question, I saw 300 with 20" rim on it at the ONT, much better than 18" chrome. is that a limited version?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xuni4everx
just a quick question, I saw 300 with 20" rim on it at the ONT, much better than 18" chrome. is that a limited version?
At least a C-Luxury or S-Trim, unless it was a lower trim but they opted for 20" wheels (not uncommon). Any other distinguishing marks? What was the wheel design?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
Between LAX and ONT they have a couple of the 300C models. I assume they get traded back and forth fairly often (i'm one that is often renting from one and returning to the other).

I'm not one to notice the bigger engine, so from a driving experience they're almost identical to me. The big differences that I've seen are that the C has navigation enabled and the shifter is the standard notched version as opposed to the weird nobby thing.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL GE
Umm, I did this twice in a 300, it was perfect for it

http://www.tailofthedragonmaps.com/m...emeposter.html
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azeckel
Between LAX and ONT they have a couple of the 300C models. I assume they get traded back and forth fairly often (i'm one that is often renting from one and returning to the other).

I'm not one to notice the bigger engine, so from a driving experience they're almost identical to me. The big differences that I've seen are that the C has navigation enabled and the shifter is the standard notched version as opposed to the weird nobby thing.
The V8 trims are still stuck with the 5-speed transmission which uses the standard gated shifter, versus the V6 which uses the 8-speed ZF transmission and E-shifter.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Just rented a 2012 300 Limited over the weekend. It was OK. Like others stated it was like driving a vault, and the seats were not that comfortable. I was not fond of the eshifter. It is very touchy to say the least. It did have the large touchscreen, which was nice. Its best quality was I averaged 29 mpg, mostly over highway. I recently drove the Avalon, and if I had to choose, I would say the Avalon, because it felt more comfortable and did not feel as much like a yacht.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I dropped off a loaded 300 on Monday morning, flew to Cleveland, and picked up a new but essentially base model Sonata Monday afternoon. It was shocking how much better the Sonata handles, how much easier it is to control the XM radio and climate control, and how much more comfortable the seats are. Or really, I should say it is shocking how unsatisfying the 300 is as a car if I'm lusting after base model Sonatas after driving one....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.