Search

Can I make double booking?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:44 am
Tak
Original Poster

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Can I make double booking?

Four of us plan to go south carolina for golfing, and rent a spacious car that carries four of us, four golf bags and four baggages.
I am executive member so I usually reserve mid size and find largest car at executive aisle.
Sometimes, I found large SUV and sometimes mini van, but not guaranteed.

Can I also reserve mini van(more expensive ) if executive aisle does not have mini van or large SUV?

Since I use special code, I want to confirm the rate in advance.
Therefore, prefer double booking(I know it is not suggested).
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Even before one gets to the question of double-booking, what airport do you think you're going to use that has Emerald Aisle/Executive Selection service?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:19 pm
Tak
Original Poster

The airport is Columbia, South Carolina.
I am not sure it has executive aisle or not.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by Tak
The airport is Columbia, South Carolina.
I am not sure it has executive aisle or not.
It is a small location with no EA or ES. You have to go inside to the counter and they will give you options in the car class that you reserved. You might get lucky and run into someone who will upgrade you to a SUV or minivan, but your best bet at this location is to book one if you really need it.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:34 am
Tak
Original Poster

Thanks for location info.
I will reserve Mini Van there.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:00 am

I saw a guy do this a year ago in Jacksonville.

He had a royal fit when they charged him for what he reserved even though he took it off the aisle.

Here's the deal, you MUST cancel the "duplicate" before you get to check out and you better hope that everything goes just right or... all bets are off.

Personally if I were "double booking" I would do EA on National and put the "minivan" etc on Hertz, Avis etc...
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I've done this before, but beware you are playing with fire.

My procedure has been to make two bookings, arrive at the lot, poke around the Aisle or Executive Aisle, and if I find a suitable car, cancel the second booking via the website on my smartphone. I remained fully open to the possibility I might get stuck having to pay for the class reserved even if I pulled it off the Aisle.

If the location doesn't have Aisle service, there is no point in having two bookings, since you can't test the waters at the desk before cancelling your second reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.