Wiki Posts
Search

Emerald Club Question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Emerald Club Question

Hello,

I just reserved a car at MCO around Christmas time. I know I don't have enough rentals to be at the Executive level yet. However, for some reason, on my confirmation page, it says Pickup: Aisle & Executive Service.

Does anyone with just the Emerald Aisle status see that aswell? I'm just curious why it would say Executive Service if I don't have enough rentals to be at that level.

I look forward on what you guys think of this.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:02 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by YXNet
Hello,

I just reserved a car at MCO around Christmas time. I know I don't have enough rentals to be at the Executive level yet. However, for some reason, on my confirmation page, it says Pickup: Aisle & Executive Service.

Does anyone with just the Emerald Aisle status see that aswell? I'm just curious why it would say Executive Service if I don't have enough rentals to be at that level.

I look forward on what you guys think of this.
That's just NationalSpeak for "go to the Aisle and pick a car." If it didn't say that, it would say "Emerald Reserve" or "counter service" I think (been so long since I wasn't Emerald Club I can't remember how they phrase counter/kiosk service).
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
That's just NationalSpeak for "go to the Aisle and pick a car." If it didn't say that, it would say "Emerald Reserve" or "counter service" I think (been so long since I wasn't Emerald Club I can't remember how they phrase counter/kiosk service).
Thanks for the response, I may only be able to pick from the regular aisle the way it sounds. It's just kind of weird that it says "Executive Service" even though I'm not at that level yet.

Anyways, is there a good chance of picking up a Chevy Impala, Mercury Grand Marquis, or even an SUV from the Emerald Club Aisle? I'm not looking for a miracle , but just something bigger than a mid size.

Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Anyways, is there a good chance of picking up a Chevy Impala, Mercury Grand Marquis, or even an SUV from the Emerald Club Aisle? I'm not looking for a miracle , but just something bigger than a mid size.
I'd say good chance for an Impala / Malibu and possibly even a Grand Marquis - SUV not really likely though.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'd say good chance for an Impala / Malibu and possibly even a Grand Marquis - SUV not really likely though.
What's this? Someone actually looking for a Grand Marquis?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
What's this? Someone actually looking for a Grand Marquis?
I know it sounds weird but it has a huge trunk for luggage. Also, a very spacious interior. Last year I rented a full size through dollar and got stuck with a Ford Crown Vic. I didn't like the idea of looking like a rent a cop, but I ended up liking the car. All leather interior, digital climate control, digital speedometer as well as a analog one. Doesn't seem like much but it does make a difference.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
MCO is very good about having nice cars on the lot
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:14 am

I know it sounds weird but it has a huge trunk for luggage. Also, a very spacious interior. Last year I rented a full size through dollar and got stuck with a Ford Crown Vic. I didn't like the idea of looking like a rent a cop, but I ended up liking the car. All leather interior, digital climate control, digital speedometer as well as a analog one. Doesn't seem like much but it does make a difference.
I must congratulate you as being the sole member on this board who actually likes the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:49 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
I only have recent experience at DAY renting over weekends. I've taken several SUVs from the regular EA, including a Durango Crew Cab, a Tuscon and a Sportage (same thing). I'd say the EA has had at least one SUV of some sort more than 50% of the time. I've also seen plenty of Impalas or other larger-than-midsize cars (Malibus, Fusions, Altimas, Chargers, CC, etc.) I've never seen a Grand Marquis in the EA, though I recall seeing one in the ES.

I know it sounds weird but it has a huge trunk for luggage. Also, a very spacious interior. Last year I rented a full size through dollar and got stuck with a Ford Crown Vic. I didn't like the idea of looking like a rent a cop
I don't like looking like a cop, which would happen if I drove a Crown Vic or Impala. A Grand Marquis looks enough like a Crown Vic from a distance. Why? Because everyone slows down to the speed limit.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
The difference in trim between the Lincoln Town Car (Hertz seems to have a few of these left lying around) and the rather abundant Grand Marquis is interesting--almost no difference at all other than seat heaters and dimming mirror.

I don't really like driving a GM since you basically cause traffic to slow down everywhere you go - crest a hill and watch the brake lights come on ahead of you.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Anyone with only EA seen

Pickup:
Emerald Aisle service Aisle & Executive Service
On their recite. I'm still kind of curious what the Executive Service means.

Or any ES seen the same thing on their recite or something different?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:13 pm

I picked up a 2012 Impala on the EA last month at MCO because I didn't want the Grand Marquis as a premium rental.

They have alot of Altimas, Impala and Malibus. The trunk of the Impala is huge. It was enough to hold all the stuff for 3 people with alot of room left over.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:52 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Anyone with only EA seen

On their recite. I'm still kind of curious what the Executive Service means.

Or any ES seen the same thing on their recite or something different?
Umm - you do realize that you posted the same question as the original post in this thread and there were a few responses.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
Umm - you do realize that you posted the same question as the original post in this thread and there were a few responses.

Actually, the original question was never answered. Maybe I didn't clarify my self that well with the question.

I know that I can pick from any car from the aisles but what aisles, because it does say executive services. I'm only asking for people that have seen this on their recite from either EA or ES.

Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, National Emerald Club, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Actually, the original question was never answered. Maybe I didn't clarify my self that well with the question.
I'm an Emerald Club member. For the next rental, it does say "Emerald Aisle Service Aisle and Executive Service" as you mentioned.

I guess this is the new terminology used to indicate we proceed to the aisles and depending upon our tier, we either go to EA or ES.

Not sure what it says for Executive members though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.