Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FAT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Cars at FAT

I couldn't find a thread for FAT--if there is one, please point out and I'll repost there.

I was in FAT last week and noted the following (incomplete list as it was late and we wanted to get going quickly):

in the Exec selection:

Two Hyundai Genesis and a Chrysler 300

In the Aisle:

A bunch of Impalas, Malibus, and two Jettas.

We chose the Genesis as we had a full-size reservation--a very very nice vehicle to drive, except in the snow we encountered up in the mountains as the tires are performance summer tires.

One comment: this location, like lots of others, has very dim lighting on the lot. It is really hard to do a proper inspection in those conditions and indeed we missed a small dent. It was not an issue in the end, but I hate noticing these things hours later.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:53 pm

Been to FAT a few days ago. It was late at night when I picked up the car, around 9:30PM. Executive Selection had only full-sized cars left over, primarily Chevrolet. I was on a Premium reservation, so the staff in the lot just gave me a Cadillac ATS that was sitting in a corner instead.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
I would've thought FAT would have a rather bloated selection to choose from.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
I would've thought FAT would have a rather bloated selection to choose from.
<groans>
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:27 pm

Anyone recently through Fresno?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by burdman
Anyone recently through Fresno?
Will be there Tuesday - I can report back what I find.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by lmaccaro
Will be there Tuesday - I can report back what I find.
VERY sparse;

Emerald aisle -
2 Elantra
2 Corolla / Camry

"Executive" aisle
Patriot
Lacross
2 Camry
(Coworker found a Ford Fusion also)

They had 3-4 much better cars sitting around but not in executive area.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:00 pm

Any more recent experiences? I'll be there in about 3 weeks & wondering what I can look forward to.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Was here yesterday.

EA was full, but mostly sedans. Looks like a mix of Altimas, Impalas, and the usual sort.
Alamo aisle was full. Saw a Q3, XTS, plenty of large SUVs too. Seems like they were pulled off the National Aisle.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Was here yesterday.

EA was full, but mostly sedans. Looks like a mix of Altimas, Impalas, and the usual sort.
Alamo aisle was full. Saw a Q3, XTS, plenty of large SUVs too. Seems like they were pulled off the National Aisle.
Coincidentally, I was here again today. Saw mostly what you described. A bunch of Altimas and Impalas (or maybe Malibus - I can't tell them apart from the front). One Mazda CX5 (taken), One Grand Chrokee (taken), and an Equinox (or GMC Terrain, I didn't look that close).

I ended up with a low mileage Altima. Not my favorite, but I only have to deal with it for one day....
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:06 pm

So is the Alamo sharing the same selection here? Hopefully arriving this summer with some hikers who will have a lot of gear and would like to book EA and upgrade to an SUV as I'm EE.

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Pick up around 1:30pm. Booked small pick up since it was cheaper than midsize.

EE and EA had similar selections. Malibu, Altimas, 1x Challenger, 1x Rav4 - nothing spectacular. Alamo had an XT5, Tahoe, 2x Grand Cherokee. Was offered a Grand Cherokee with 5k on the clock. Other options included a Highlander too.

Returns was overflowing at all rental agencies.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
Pick up around 1:30pm. Booked small pick up since it was cheaper than midsize.

EE and EA had similar selections. Malibu, Altimas, 1x Challenger, 1x Rav4 - nothing spectacular. Alamo had an XT5, Tahoe, 2x Grand Cherokee. Was offered a Grand Cherokee with 5k on the clock. Other options included a Highlander too.

Returns was overflowing at all rental agencies.
Those aren't return lanes anymore - they're for storage.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:19 pm

Im looking to rent an SUV for 3-4 days, but Im flexible with the start date.

Anyone know if the selection in Fresno in the emerald aisle would be any different on a Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday? Or is it just a crapshoot?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Im looking to rent an SUV for 3-4 days, but Im flexible with the start date.

Anyone know if the selection in Fresno in the emerald aisle would be any different on a Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday? Or is it just a crapshoot?
Roll the dice - they have plenty of SUVs at random times, but it seems the large ones are reserved. I booked a pick up and they let me take pretty much any SUV from Enterprise/Alamo too.
When I last returned, a QX60 was on the aisle.
jamesinclair likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.