Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Unreservable" Car Classes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
You cant get them on free days. You can only go with the classes that are offered on the web.

I booked a Luxury on free days at LAX and they had several C300s parked prominantly but they said they will only let them go if you pay extra for them. I didn't ask how much Instead I headed for the Luxury aisle to find 6 Town Car/Grand Marquis ... then off to the ES aisle...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I am very envious right now. Was it a Jaguar XF? Panamera?
You're probably gonna laugh, but I can't remember what the Jaguar was. It was offered to me in HNL, just this past April. I feel like the Porsche was a Boxster, but not 100% on that one either, lol.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by dmodemd
You cant get them on free days. You can only go with the classes that are offered on the web.

I booked a Luxury on free days at LAX and they had several C300s parked prominantly but they said they will only let them go if you pay extra for them. I didn't ask how much Instead I headed for the Luxury aisle to find 6 Town Car/Grand Marquis ... then off to the ES aisle...
You reminded me of a question about earned free days....

As a lowly Exec, if I want to book a "Luxury" class on the web using my free day, I am charged an upgrade fee (@$11ish).

If I pony up for a "Luxury" car upgrade & then find all the cars in the Luxury section unacceptable (eg. way too large of a boat) do I

just head to the ES/EA & pick a car?

If I take a car from the ES/EA , am I stuck paying the upgrade fee that I didn't end up using or will the counter or exit window make the adjustment to reverse the upgrade charge?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Welcome back Pam!

So if we're an Emerald Executive Elite and have the regular free days, which can be used on "(any car type based on availability)" - how do we claim one of these cars?
Dude! Long time no see!

The TOYS must be paid for to drive...the free day coups can't be used to drive them. Meaning ...pretty much if you can't book it...on a normal basis on a particular city's website, the coups won't work to pay for it directly. SO...book what you'd be satisfied to drive and ask for whatever is catching your eye when you arrive and then you pay the difference...plus the normal applicable taxes/fees for the TOY you want to drive.
There can be exceptions to this but that would be up to the city in which you arrive. Ya get more flies with Honey than Vinegar as always...Right? We Ask politely...we don't demand...we use our smiley voices...and our happy faces not our ugly faces...And we never say...."Well they gave it to me in...(insert some city name here)..." Because each city can do what they like based on availablity and reservations.
Have a great one gang!
Pam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.