Cars at YYZ

Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I put 1700km on a 2018 Durango R/T last week. Average economy was 17L/100km. That's heavy on gas... For comparison I put a similar amount of mileage on an X5 the week prior and averaged 11.5L/100km. Much better, but it drinks more expensive gas so probably a wash. Performance is also equal in the X5.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Saturday October 21st, 5PM. YYZ T1

Mostly SUVs, a couple of 2017 Ford Taurus AWDs in different colors and a single Nissan Sentra.

Picked a Taurus.

Very fun to drive, comfortable but poor on gas.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:33 pm

10/23 T1 around 8:30pm
EA/ES same usual mix of midsize sedans and SUVs nothing different.
"Premier Selection"
C300
Mustang 5.0 Hard top
Mustang convertible Ecoboost
Challenger RT Shaker fully loaded with track pack and all. (fun to drive but really loud)
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:37 am

Selection on weekends

Does the selection tends to be better on weekends? I have a 2 day rental coming up on November 11th. I should land the night before and stay a airport hotel but I won't be rushed to leave early that morning, so if the selection is thin, do have good odds of scoring something better if I wait? Hoping for something sporty, like a Challenger or even a Charger R/T.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
Does the selection tends to be better on weekends? I have a 2 day rental coming up on November 11th. I should land the night before and stay a airport hotel but I won't be rushed to leave early that morning, so if the selection is thin, do have good odds of scoring something better if I wait? Hoping for something sporty, like a Challenger or even a Charger R/T.
I haven't seen a challenger personally.

I've rocked up before at 8AM, 12PM and 5PM and it's unpredictable. The best selection I've seen was back in July (BMW 3, Volvo V60, Audi Q7, Audi A5 and a few other gems). Since then it's mostly been SUVs on a Saturday with a few sedans mixed in, primarily Dodge Charger SXT, Hyundai Sonata, Ford Taurus, Chrysler 300 and some Mustangs (when the weather is nice but only as a $30-50 upgrade). Same issue during weekdays.

They have a disproportionate amount of SUVs (Ford, Nissan and Hyundai) in the aisle at T1.

Honestly the aisle has been disappointing me the last couple of months. I've seen some pretty sweet cars at Alamo or Enterprise (Cadillac, BMW X6) so it makes me question if I should even bother with the aisle.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: National EE
Yonge/Bloor Oct 30 @ 9:00 am
Mix of SUVs and regular sedans. 1 Chrysler 300c (Novascotia plates), 2 Chrysler 300S (one with navigation and panaroma sunroof), 1 Jeep Grand Cheroke Limited, 1 Charger SXT (Quebec plates), a few Durangos. Took the 300S with navigation.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:12 am

Saturdays and Sundays are the best days but keep in mind that during the winter months they take the sporty cars and most of the high end cars off the fleet. During the winter the fleet is pretty boring.

Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
The summer fleet is almost gone and the winter stuff has arrived.

Here are the newer notables you’ll find kicking around the ES:
  • Ford Expedition Limited/Platinum (Sunday-Tuesday)
  • GM Suburban LT (Sunday-Tuesday)
  • Dodge Durango RT (2018 with the new SRT front end)
  • Chrysler 300S
  • Nissan Titan Pickup (Fully loaded, Platinum Reserve. Watch out, pickups aren’t normally covered by credit card insurance)
  • Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Going to be a lot of Infinity QX60s around for upgrade over the winter. Still a couple Dodge Challenger RT Shakers around as well, and the odd BMW/Audi sedan.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by lardiop

• Chrysler 300S
  • Nissan Titan Pickup (Fully loaded, Platinum Reserve. Watch out, pickups aren’t normally covered by credit card insurance)
Going to be a lot of Infinity QX60s around for upgrade over the winter. Still a couple Dodge Challenger RT Shakers around as well, and the odd BMW/Audi sedan.
Any idea what cars are available in the winter? Kinda want a gas-friendly car in December during my roadtrips.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by lardiop

• Chrysler 300S
Thanks all for the updates. it's going to be just the two of us with minimal luggage, so a large SUV isn't something we're really looking for. I'll be there early Saturday next week and report on what was available.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:17 pm

Saturday November 4th at @6PM at T1.

About 20 Jeep Wrangler Rubicons in a variety of colors.
F-150.
Ford Fusion Hybird.
Bunch of SUVs (Kia, Jeep, Ford).
Dodge Challenger in upgrade section.
Infiniti SUVs in upgrade section.
Nissan Altima and Sentra

They had a few vehicles (Dodge Charger, Volvo V60 and Hyundai Sonata) tucked away in the Enterprise section, ended up taking one after requesting it.

Do they ever have Cadillacs on the aisle?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:16 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cadilac on the aisle. There was one today at Yonge/Bloor branch, but they refused to give it to me on a FCAR reservation. They said as a new policy by the head-office at Atlanta they can’t give luxury vehicles to longterm rentals (1 week or more) wiithout LCAR reservation anymore. It seems they will send them back to airport. They had 4-5 Chrysler 300s and I ended up getting one.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:43 am

I'm a newbie to flyertalk..

I'm Executive elite with national, if I book a mid size car what can I expect to get at time of pickup ? I never booked with National before so don't have a clue.

Do they charge for upgrades to Executive elites ?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by taurus25
I'm a newbie to flyertalk..

I'm Executive elite with national, if I book a mid size car what can I expect to get at time of pickup ? I never booked with National before so don't have a clue.

Do they charge for upgrades to Executive elites ?
With elite status you can reserve a full-size car and pay for mid-size (2 class upgrade). If you're picking up from an airport branch you can get any car from Executive and Emerald Aisle.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by matrixca7
With elite status you can reserve a full-size car and pay for mid-size (2 class upgrade). If you're picking up from an airport branch you can get any car from Executive and Emerald Aisle.
So what they have in Exécutive, any idea? and do they charge extra to pick the car from executive aisle ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.