Cars at YYZ

Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
T1 YYZ at ES had the same as listed above. Status matched with Hertz and if the selection is like this at the US airports, I probably will leave Hertz forever...

Charger RT
Durango RT
Explorer XLT and Limited 4WD
Fusion Titanium
Edge Titanium
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:33 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by SKYEG
T1 YYZ at ES had the same as listed above. Status matched with Hertz and if the selection is like this at the US airports, I probably will leave Hertz forever...

Charger RT
Durango RT
Fusion Titanium
Edge Titanium
National fleet crushes Hertz's as a general matter (Ultimate Choice at some locations excepted), but don't necessarily expect the same vehicles in the US fleet as in Canada. For example, I have never heard of a Durango RT being carried here (most are Limited, with a few Citadels thrown in for good measure)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG

Charger RT
Durango RT
Fusion Titanium
Edge Titanium
Hey SKYEG

Some weeks ago you gave me advice in the Hertz forum about a 5 week, luxury, one-way rental from SEA.

Decided to cancel everything (even tho prepaid) and to go with National. Overall fleet sounds much more attractive and customer service very good, email inquiries got answered in 24h max or even faster. Hertz let me wait more than a month once.

Thanks again for prevoius advice and cheers!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: National EE
The new vehicles continue to arrive at YYZ. 4/13 evening T1/T3 ES:

Lincoln MKZ sedan (Premier selection)
Ford Explorer Sport (340hp Ecoboost V6)
Nissan Altima SV with Sunroof

Aside from that the usual mix of SUVs and a couple Maxima SV, Impala (LT and Premier), Fusion SE and Malibu sedans. Still have yet to find one of the Dodge Chargers.

Last edited by turbov6; Apr 13, 2017 at 7:34 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:56 pm

Rolled into YYZ today...terrible selection at T1 on a Tuesday night. There was a Nissan versa (or altima), a kia optima, a ford edge, and a bunch of dodge caravans. Also a Ford expedition and a Jaguar F-pace in the upgrade section for $50-75 extra per day. Worst selection i've ever seen at YYZ, but i guess they were all sold out.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Ambassador
Quick question for regular Toronto renters: what is the best day/time to pick up a car to get the best selection?

I'm planning to rent for a week in August, but I'm only leaving town for four days over a weekend, so I can pick up anytime from Tuesday evening to Friday morning. I plan to rent at YYZ, and have Executive Elite status.

My goal is to get the nicest car I can off the aisle. "Nicest" means most comfortable/best driving experience for a long road trip. I'm not fussy about the size of the vehicle.

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere - I searched and couldn't find anything.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by YYZMike
I can pick up anytime from Tuesday evening to Friday morning.
My vote would be for Friday morning when the isle is usually well stocked with most of the business related rentals back by then. Thursday evening can be good too. Others can chime in with their experiences earlier in the week.

The summer is busy tho so it's hard to say. Last summer quite a few days were actually sold out so make sure you have a reservation ahead of time.

YYZ has two National locations (garages). The parking garage at Terminal 1 is the larger location and usually has the best selection. However they also have a location in the parking garage at Terminal 3 (an easy airport train ride over). If you don't see anything you like at one you can always check the other one. Good luck!
Old May 5, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Here is a fairly complete list of notable cars you will see in the ES/EA at YYZ. The selection is extremely nice for an ES in North America during the summer.

• Ford Explorer XLT/Limited/Sport
  • Ford Fusion SE/SE Leather/Titanium
  • Ford Edge SEL/Titanium/Sport
  • Ford Flex Limited (Titanium Appearance)
  • Ford Taurus Limited
  • Ford Escape SE/Titanium
  • Chrysler 300S
  • Dodge Durango GT/RT
  • Dodge Charger SXT/RT
  • Chevrolet Impala LT/Premier
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo/Limited
  • Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
  • Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited

If you care... pay attention to the package that is included with the car. As an example you'll see Ford Edges in YYZ that range from "meh" to "that's actually in a rental fleet?"

• SEL AWD w/cloth seats (MSRP of 39k)
  • SEL AWD w/leather and Sync3
  • Titanium 300A AWD
  • Titanium 302A AWD w/NAV and Panoramic Roof
  • Sport 401A with most optional extras (MSRP of $56k)

Other things to keep in mind at YYZ

• Large SUVs are usually reservations only. Unless you are picking up on Sunday night, or Monday/Tuesday you will not see one available on either isle.
  • YYZ is now a Premium Selection branch. There are a couple Jag F-Pace SUVs along with various BMW/Cadillac/Infinity/Mustang Convertable/hardtop vehicles available for upgrade between $50 and $75 extra a day.
  • The ES at T1 was recently expanded. Don't like the selection at T1? Take the Link train to T3, and use the Sheraton hotel elevator located immediately to your right after entering the hotel to quickly hop down to P1.

Last edited by lardiop; May 5, 2017 at 1:02 pm
Old May 5, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by lardiop
  • Large SUVs are usually reservations only. Unless you are picking up on Sunday night, or Monday/Tuesday you will not see one available on either isle.
  • YYZ is now a Premium Selection branch. There are a couple Jag F-Pace SUVs along with various BMW/Cadillac/Infinity/Mustang Convertable/hardtop vehicles available for upgrade between $50 and $75 extra a day.
  • The ES at T1 was recently expanded. Don't like the selection at T1? Take the Link train to T3, and use the Sheraton hotel elevator located immediately to your right after entering the hotel to quickly hop down to P1.
Thanks for the detailed list! Any idea what trim level those Jaguar F-Paces are?
Old May 7, 2017, 4:09 pm

The summer cars are starting to arrive. When I was returning a brand new Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker or T/A rolled up. Definitely had a Hemi and a hood scoop.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:12 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Sat May 6 mid-day:

T-1. Both sides pretty much SUV land. Couple Dodge mini-vans about as well. Took the Ford Expedition XLT with the 201A convenience group (Leather and Sync3).

Wish they would bring back the Yukons... :\
Old May 9, 2017, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
For a light night arrival, around 11p-midnight, is there any advantage between Terminal 1 and 3? I am arriving into 3, but would rather not shuffle over to 1 if the late night aisles are comparable between the 2 terminals.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:33 am

Sat May 13 T1 late afternoon ES:

Chrysler 300C - brand new only 7 kms
Chrylser 300S AWD - brand new, loaded with dual-pane panoramic sunroof, UConnect with Navigation, HD Radio, Apple Car Play, Android Auto and S Model appearance package (rear spoiler).
Ford Taurus Limited
Mix of SUVs

Premier selection:
Audi A3
Mustang GT 5.0L Fastback
Lincoln SUV

Upgrades off to the side:
Mercedes C300
Challenger R/T
Mustang GT 5.0L Fastback
Audi A3
Cadillac

As for late night arrivals it likely depends on the day. I had a late night pickup on a Sunday arriving at T3 and the selection was good enough I didn't bother going over to T1. Early in the week and during the summer might be a different story however.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: National Emerald, Avis Preferred Plus
Sat May 27 early morning at T3:

Ford Taurus SEL
Ford Taurus Limited (which I took)
Various SUV's and Crossovers (Edge, Escape, Equinox, etc)
Couple of Altimas and Sonatas
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: Air Canada Prestige 25k, BA Exec Bronze; National EE
Fri June 9th

I think national has a special on Ford Flex's as their were many on both aisles

In addition ES had, Durango, Pathfinder SV, Charger SXT AWD, Maxima SV

Premier selection included: BMW X3, Mustang GT, Infiniti QX50, Infiniti QX60, Lincoln MKX, Audi A4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.