Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Cars at YYZ

Arrived T1 at 11:15am
Executive had tons to choose from. All spots full and a large variety.

Was about to pick a Nissan xterra.

But attendant suggested a 2014 Chrysler 300 fully loaded (leather, SAT, BT, etc) parked next to executive spot. Said it was a PCAR but to enjoy. He had to check mileage (23k) as he said he can't let executives take over 30k.

Thanks!

Last edited by ac3000; May 9, 2014 at 9:47 am
Old May 9, 2014, 3:11 pm

Oh ya. There was also a nice big pick up truck in the executive. Didn't take as my cc insurance won't cover.
Old May 18, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
A bunch of Mustangs have arrived. Mostly V6 models, but I did see at least 2 GTs. They never hit the ES unless they run out of cars. All the Edges and Explorers I've seen are XLT, with the Explorers having MyFordTouch.

I'm hoping the selection picks up like it usually does in the summer. It's slim pickings on the ES. You're lucky if you snag a Genesis, Maxima, or Town and Country.

Avis/Budget has the best fleet in Toronto right now. Challenger RTs, Mustang GTs with the Brembo pack, Cadillac ATS, 300s with some toys, BMW 3 series.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by lardiop
A bunch of Mustangs have arrived. Mostly V6 models, but I did see at least 2 GTs. They never hit the ES unless they run out of cars. All the Edges and Explorers I've seen are XLT, with the Explorers having MyFordTouch.
You mean SEL right? Edges don't come in XLT Trims However that's disappointing to hear. Last year I loved snagging Edge Limiteds with the Panoramic Roof + Sony Sound Package (NAV card is usually taken out).
Old May 22, 2014, 8:45 pm

Visited yesterday and today;

Picked up a Nissan V8 Titan on the EE aisle and a Nissan V6 Frontier off the EA.

Other notables where mazda cx7's, few edges, few mistibushi SUV's and vans.

Lot was sort of bare and they had 5 new mustangs parked in the alamo slots... my guess is holding out for upgrades but would not have surprised me if they moved some over after I left.

P.S. Lot manager in Toronto is a fantastic guy!
Old May 26, 2014, 5:53 pm

Cars at YYZ

Will be flying into T3 for the first time. Is the Executive selection decent there? Or am I better hopping over to T1?
Old May 26, 2014, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by ac3000
Will be flying into T3 for the first time. Is the Executive selection decent there? Or am I better hopping over to T1?
T1 has a bigger EA/ES section.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:08 pm

Cars at YYZ

Arrived in T3. So figured I would check out ES anyways since I was there. And it was aweful. 6 to choose from. 5 SUV AND 1 impala. Greeter was also the most unfriendly person

Headed to T1. Lots to choose from. A few SUV. And lots of cars. Ask politely if they might have a convertible available. The lady was super nice. And said she only had one and it's reserved for a Rez. But she said if she had another she would have given it to me.

Ended up with a 2014 Ford Taurus. Fully loaded. Leather. Etc. Only 1200 km.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:35 am

Cars at YYZ

Did you see any full size SUV like a Tahoe or Suburban ?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
A bunch of new stuff has arrived.

Ford Fusion Titanium 300A
Ford Explorer Limited 302A (Loaded)
Ford Explorer XLT 203A (20" Wheels and Leather)
Ford Taurus Limited 302A (Loaded)
Ford Taurus XLT (Leather and MFT)

Convertables:
Ford Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Ford Mustang V6 Premium (Pony Pack)

The Mustangs hit the ES every now and then, but definitely don't expect to see them there unless they are short on cars.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec

Convertables:

The Mustangs hit the ES every now and then, but definitely don't expect to see them there unless they are short on cars.
Nice to see the loaded stuff coming back!!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:31 am

Convertables:

Thanks for the update! I have a month long road trip with the family and was debating between taking my Journey vs a rental. I'd love to get an Explorer or a Durango, but not sure if the monthly rate I got is worth it versus just putting the kms on my car. Hopefully by the end of the month, more updates on what's at YYZ will be posted!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:11 pm

Convertables:

Good stuff. I rented a different car every time last year and disliked all the Jeep and Dodge cars I had, but felt comfortable and enjoyed the Fords and Nissans I had. Just personal preference I guess....hopefully something good when I swing by later this week.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Anyone rent a 5.0 Mustang this year? I used to find them on the ES in YYZ.

Do they still have MyKey limiting them to 130KPH? What was the upcharge for the rental? In YEG they wanted $200 a day, much more than the $15 per day they charged last year. Maybe the end of an era?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Anyone rent a 5.0 Mustang this year? I used to find them on the ES in YYZ.

Do they still have MyKey limiting them to 130KPH? What was the upcharge for the rental? In YEG they wanted $200 a day, much more than the $15 per day they charged last year. Maybe the end of an era?
This is the reason why I've decided not to rent another one if I was given the opportunity. Limiting the speed to 130 makes it a very frustrating long highway drive. I would only rent if you plan to cruise in the city and local streets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.