Lot was 60-70% full

PS
Audi A4 or A3 (Did't check closely)
MB E350
BMW 330

Now National and Hertz have similar choices and they are full of Korean SUVs
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:32 am

Hi all,

I have a booking with National for midsize rate this weekend, what are the chances of minivans/7 seater SUVs to be present on the EC aisle?

Would like to save money hence why I booked for the midsize rate and try my luck at the aisle.

Thanks in advance

Finch

Last edited by finchTO; Jul 26, 2020 at 8:36 am
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by jizen
July 23, Thursday @ 9:30 PM

ES
Multiple Ford Escape
Two Jeep Cherokee
Multiple Kia Sportage + Sorento

Multiple Mitsubishi Eclipse
Two Hyundai Tucson
One Buick Regal Sportback
One Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lot was 60-70% full

PS
Audi A4 or A3 (Did't check closely)
MB E350
BMW 330

Now National and Hertz have similar choices and they are full of Korean SUVs
What year was the Mercedes E-Class? Thanks!
​​​​

Last edited by Ordpc; Jul 26, 2020 at 4:03 pm
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:30 pm

They used to put some Dodge Durango on the aisle but I haven't seen those crossover, full size SUV or minivans for a long time.
I checked the price yesterday for this weekend and I found out that the premium crossover is cheaper than the midsize.
If you really need the minivan or large suv, just book it. You can also check the price with Enterprise as well so you will get your credits.

Originally Posted by finchTO
Hi all,

I have a booking with National for midsize rate this weekend, what are the chances of minivans/7 seater SUVs to be present on the EC aisle?

Would like to save money hence why I booked for the midsize rate and try my luck at the aisle.

Thanks in advance

Finch
finchTO likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:36 pm

I am not 100% sure but I believe it was 2019
Most of their BMW 3 series are 2020

Originally Posted by Ordpc
What year was the Mercedes E-Class? Thanks!
​​​​
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:47 pm

Thank you for the response. Sadly, I am 24 so I am unable to book the premium crossover. I think I'll go do that before they run out of vehicles. I'll just keep my national reservation, go early to check the aisle and cancel it if there's no vehicle that can seat 6.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:21 pm

My pleasure. U might get lucky and ask how much does it cost to upgrade. They do have a lot Durango available

Originally Posted by finchTO
Thank you for the response. Sadly, I am 24 so I am unable to book the premium crossover. I think I'll go do that before they run out of vehicles. I'll just keep my national reservation, go early to check the aisle and cancel it if there's no vehicle that can seat 6.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:45 am

I've got a reservation booked at T1 this weekend, the reservation email says "Upon arrival, please proceed to the area of the reserved car class to choose your vehicle."

Is it correct to say, I should be going to the counter? I'm an Emerald member but chose not to go with the aisle based on some of the feedback recently.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Sunday 7/26 8pm

2 Ford Fusion
2 Kia Compact SUV
2 Jeep Cherokee

Premier Selection

Mini Cooper Clubman
BMW X1
Mercedes A250

If you have a specific vehicle type reserved with National you can just go to the booth outside in the garage and the person there will help you find something. No need to wait at the counter.

As for 7 seat passenger vans or SUVs I haven’t seen any in the isle since the pandemic started. Sometimes there are some off on the side which you might be able to upgrade into from a midsize reservation if they aren’t being held for reservations. Keep in mind the long weekend is coming up and there could be a wait or shortage of vehicles again and the isle may be empty again.

jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 10:47 am

July 30, Thursday @ 10:00 AM
ES
Ford Edge x1
Kia Sportage x1
Hyundai Tucson x1
Chevy Malibu x1
Mitsubishi Eclipse x1
2019 Dodge Charge base trim with Quebec plate x1 (Took this one since probably we won't see any charger in the future)

PS
2019 Jaguar XE x1

July 30, Thursday @ 9:00 PM
ES - Lot is full
Multiple ford escape
Multiple usual Kia/Hyundai suv
Multiple Mazda CX 3 (plus one or two CX 5)
Mitsubishi Eclipse (plus one Outlander)
Buick Regal x 1

PS
2019 Range Rover Evoque x1

Few days ago I had a premium special rsvn with Enterprise, the guy did not have any sedan available.
They tried to offer me a 2019 Kia Sorento with 40k on the odometer. Other options are compact SUVs.
The guy said: "This is a upgrade from the car class you booked and I won't charge you for the upgrade."
They also refused to check with distribution center where I was willing to wait.
They couldn't find anything else similar to the class I booked (not even a Nissan Maxima or 300)
Finally I gave it up and re-book with National.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:52 pm

Thursday July 30 around 6:30pm

Not like how things were.

Lots of basic cars in EA. ES is basically just full like Mitsubishi’s.

If you want something reserve it.

Noticeable upgrades: Range Roger Evoque, Velar and Jaguar F-Pace.

Lots of high mileage cars, hard to find anything under 20,000 unless you get lucky.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 6:17 pm

August 7, Friday @ 9:00 PM

There are about 10-15 people waiting for cars
There are total of 3 cars parked at the National/Alamo garage

Ford Expedition/Alamo + Minivan/Alamo + Nissan Maxima (seemed like a reserved car for a guest who was waiting for a long time)

National lot was empty except the maxima (reserved)
Waiting 40 mins to get a Mitsubishi SUV

Just another typical day at YYZ
Old Aug 15, 2020, 4:36 pm

Is the emerald aisle open now? Have a one way next week to YUL and wondering if I should just book an intermediate.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Sunday 8/16 8pm

Isle maybe 30% full.

Mostly compact SUVs.
2 Ford Fusion.
One small VW sedan.
Malibu 2.0T premier
1 Nissan Maxima SL

Upgrade Selection:

Nissan Maxima
Chrysler 300
BMW X1

Friday evening there were maybe a dozen compact SUVs on the isle. A lot of new Kia Sportage compact SUVs. Upgrade selection had an Audi A3 they were holding for a luxury reservation.

Had to wait about 45 minutes for a premium I reserved. Was offered a base model 2019 high mileage Dodge Charger from enterprise but declined and waited. At least they didn’t try and tell me it was an upgrade. Lol

Someone there was asking if there were any larger SUVs or minivans in the isle. The agent at the booth said if you want anything larger you need to reserve it. And I can confirm it’s extremely rare to see anything larger than a compact SUV in the isle.
Ordpc and hourglass like this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
Sunday 8/16 8pm

Isle maybe 30% full.

Mostly compact SUVs.
2 Ford Fusion.
One small VW sedan.
Malibu 2.0T premier
1 Nissan Maxima SL

Upgrade Selection:

Nissan Maxima
Chrysler 300
BMW X1

Friday evening there were maybe a dozen compact SUVs on the isle. A lot of new Kia Sportage compact SUVs. Upgrade selection had an Audi A3 they were holding for a luxury reservation.

Had to wait about 45 minutes for a premium I reserved. Was offered a base model 2019 high mileage Dodge Charger from enterprise but declined and waited. At least they didn’t try and tell me it was an upgrade. Lol

Someone there was asking if there were any larger SUVs or minivans in the isle. The agent at the booth said if you want anything larger you need to reserve it. And I can confirm it’s extremely rare to see anything larger than a compact SUV in the isle.
​​​​​​
Was there anything at ES or only EA?

what did you ended up getting? I thought maxima is a premium car by national?

one time a guy at enterprise told me compact SUV is an upgrade to all sedans including luxury since it's taller......

Now I'm actually curious, does anyone know how it works when it comes to sedans and crossovers? What is counted as an upgrade and what is counted as an downgrade? For example if I reserve a compact SUV, what can I "downgrade" to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.