Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by jackexu
Will take AC from BOS to YYZ at 3 pm. Assume it's in T1. Probably need one SUV so any recommendation? National or Hertz?
I think National T3 has better options? is it far from T1?
T3 and T1 are connected by train; just a few minutes apart, and a few minutes train ride. Probably add about 10 minutes total to navigate around T1 and get into T3.

Last edited by jerry305; Apr 17, 2019 at 2:16 pm
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by jackexu
Will take AC from BOS to YYZ at 3 pm. Assume it's in T1. Probably need one SUV so any recommendation? National or Hertz?
I think National T3 has better options? is it far from T1?
Your AC flight will arrive in T1 where the garage and selection is larger for both Hertz and National.

If you don't find anything you like there you can always take the train like Jerry mentioned over to T3. Once you arrive at T3 on the air train take the escalator down then turn right into the Sheraton hotel. Just at the entrance of the hotel look to your right and there is a single elevator just past some couches which you can take all the way down to P2 or the lowest level of the parking garage. National and Hertz are to the right when you exit in the garage.

Depends on what status if any you have with National and Hertz. It's rare to see any SUVs in the Hertz Gold or 5 Star isle. There have been some compact SUVs in the presidents circle however. It's really hit or miss at Hertz though.

Over at National they usually have a pretty good selection both T1 and T3 and have I would say a better chance of getting a mid size or large SUV there.
jerry305 and SoroSuub1 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott T, HH D, IHG SA.
Thanks for the detailed info! appreciate it!
Old May 21, 2019, 3:55 pm

March 29, 2019
T1
LOTS of new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, mostly SE trim with fabric seats. Ended up with a Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Mid-size SUVs
Nissan Maxima
New Santa Fe in EA

May 11, 2019

T1
Flooded with full-size SUVs (Ford Expeditions, Chevy Suburbans, 1 Nissan Armada)
Nissan Maxima mid-trim
Ford Mustang (Not sure about trim but it has a 5.0 badge on the side) and Lincoln MKZ parked in the back, suspect it can be driven out but didn't try

T3
Buick Regal
Chevy Impala
Infiniti QX60

May 18, 2019

T1
National, Alamo, Enterprise all sold out due to long weekend, National lot empty other than one lone Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Saw an Audi Q5 in Alamo lot
humansoul, jerry305 and SoroSuub1 like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:29 pm

May 25, 2019 - Morning

Ford Flex Galore
Ford Explorer - QC plate, 20K+ km, smokey
Jeep Wrangler
GMC Acadia
Ford Expedition MAX Limited <- chose this one because I have a big group, guy at the gate said it is an upgrade but let me have it because it was parked in the EA
New Kia Soul
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by a310pilot
I also had bad experience with staff at terminal 1. I've been to yyz t1 a few times this month and in my experience the African ladies who work the isles in the morning shift are the WORST. Afternoon staff is complete opposite .
They could give flying F if you are exec elite, I was only asking very simple questions , to which they were reacting as if I'm a dumbass to even ask. I wish National has a way to rate ground staff as much as it does for phone staff (they are amazing)
I had the misfortune of interacting with those ladies last Wednesday around 10AM. When I showed up at the lot, there was exactly 1 car (Elantra) in EA and ES. After telling them I'm Exec Elite, they told me it's that car or nothing else. I said I'll wait since the return lanes were jam packed and they condescendingly told me it takes half an hour to clean cars and nothing would be coming for the next half an hour. I took my sweet time loading up the Elantra and in the next 10 minutes a Taurus Limited, Santa Fe (mine), and Eclipse cross showed up. After I got in the Santa Fe, the lady came over demanding the keys to the Elantra even though I left it in the Elantra.

The staff here is the worst I've encountered at National. They don't give a crap about your status and the attitude is unacceptable.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xienon
I had the misfortune of interacting with those ladies last Wednesday around 10AM. When I showed up at the lot, there was exactly 1 car (Elantra) in EA and ES. After telling them I'm Exec Elite, they told me it's that car or nothing else. I said I'll wait since the return lanes were jam packed and they condescendingly told me it takes half an hour to clean cars and nothing would be coming for the next half an hour. I took my sweet time loading up the Elantra and in the next 10 minutes a Taurus Limited, Santa Fe (mine), and Eclipse cross showed up. After I got in the Santa Fe, the lady came over demanding the keys to the Elantra even though I left it in the Elantra.

The staff here is the worst I've encountered at National. They don't give a crap about your status and the attitude is unacceptable.
I guess the best time to arrive here is in the evening - on my last visit, I had a great experience with a supervisor and manager going out of their way to find me the car type I preferred.

Does anyone have any recent updates for the Wellington St location?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by xienon

Absolutely. One time I asked the T1 lot attendant (I think we are talking about the same person) if T3 had 7-seaters available, wondering if she had current knowledge or can radio T3 for me without me actually having to make my way there). She replied immediately saying it is exactly the same cars (how tf could that be or would you know without checking). Skeptical, I went to T3 and it had a very different selection of cars. OTOH, T3 lot attendants were pretty helpful and friendly. The Asian guy was great, making sure I can find what I need. The guy at the gate were less enthusiastic, but still fine.

I would say this is the problem of a small number of staff at this location though. I had really helpful and friendly encounters most of the time, no hassle. The return lot guys were pretty good most days as well.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:36 pm

T1 Friday
Not good, Hertz was better

ES
Empty except for an Ecosport and Flex

PS
X3
330i
F-Pace
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
A not-so-great experience at Wellington last Wednesday. No cars except a Dodge Charger that drank gas like it's free, and it was short-tanked on top of that. Only other options were minivans or SUVs.

There were USA tagged sedans such as an Altima, and I have a US drivers license, but they told me there is a new policy that regardless of where you live, they will not rent US cars for local rentals, which is contrary to my prior experience where I was always given a US car even if I was returning to the airport, where they prefer to keep them anyway. Escalated to a manager who reiterated this was a new policy so they will just hold the USA cars to the side and wait for a one-way reservation to show up.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:58 am

Wellington just now, lot is super full:

jerry305 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:40 pm

Monday T1

ES
3 x Outlander
Tucson
Fusion

PS
Empty
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier Platinum (lol), fmr Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Monday T1 at 10 AM

The Emerald and Exec aisle looked like a Ford dealership that only sold Expeditions. There were at least 8 of those, along with a scattering of Tucsons and Rogues throughout both aisles. I picked the only Tahoe on the regular Emerald aisle with 600 km and had no issues.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:03 pm

Anyone else get speed limited Mustang from T1. Limited to 130km and speaker volume 14?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:21 pm

they started doing that? I thought that was an AVIS exclusive

Originally Posted by Blakjac
Anyone else get speed limited Mustang from T1. Limited to 130km and speaker volume 14?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.