- Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
- Ford Escape SE
- A few fullsize sedans
- Ram 1500
- Pacifica base
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by rtch92
Was the renegade a trailhawk?

It was a Limited. They also had what looked like a Compass Limited.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
3/24 7pm T1 ES
- 2 brand new Nissan Armada SL
- mix of usual sedans and SUVs

3/25 evening T1 ES
- 2 GMC Yukon
- Cherokee Limited
- Lots of SUVs and some sedans

Hertz had two Alfa Romeo Stelvio parked out front. They also now have a small Gold choice isle full of mostly corollas.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:08 pm

A big ask for anyone who's planning to pick up at YYZ or has recently. I'm renting a full size SUV later this Spring, but I need to mount my Thule carrier on top. Anyone recall if the Yukons, Tahoes or Suburbans have built in racks or rails that I can strap my own roof bars to?

I know the Explorers have the roof rails or could settle for a Dodge Caravan, so I could possibly downsize to this, but I really need the cargo space too of a fullsize. Hoping my luck to score the newer Expeditions or Pacifica if those had the available rails and rack too!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:45 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
A Grand Caravan/Pacifica has much more cargo space than the Tahoe/Yukon, and it's more usable too.
Closingracer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
A Grand Caravan/Pacifica has much more cargo space than the Tahoe/Yukon, and it's more usable too.
I have two kids, one being a newborn, so we need the three seats to what SUVs have versus the two captain chairs to allow my wife to also accompany the baby at times.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:18 pm

YYZ just got in a bunch of brand new Ford Edge SUVs including a couple Titanium and Sport models fully loaded with 21" wheelsl (MSRP $55K)

I had a look thru the isle for roof racks and some of the following had them: Nissan Rogue and Pathfinder. Ford Escape. Dodge Journey Sport.

Some Dodge Caravan have a black bar along the edge of the roof. Not sure if you can attach anything or it's just trim. There is no space to loop a rope thru. The Tahoe was the same. I took a picture and if you inbox me your email I'll send it to you.

Avis had a couple Pacifica. I haven't seen any at National. Good luck!

Has anyone heard if the Mustangs, Challengers and maybe Camaros are coming for the summer?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

4/19 YYZ T1 ES @4pm

Nissan Maxima and Altima
Chrysler 300S
Chevrolet Impala Premier V6
VM Passat
Mix of SUVs

Over at Hertz T1 they just got in a half dozen brand new Audi A5 sedans. And an Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan. All in the upgrades isle. To bad Hertz limits the mileage on these to 200 km/day or less.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:28 pm

i've rented quite a bit from Hertz lately, never one mileage issue. i usually do an SUV res for the weekend - usually is around $125 and pay $25 a day for the extreme upgrade, whether it's the Stelvio or the A5. so i end up at $200 for the 3 days.

two weekends ago, i used a weekend coupon and it also did the upgrade charge. don't know if that was a glitch.

Originally Posted by turbov6
4/19 YYZ T1 ES @4pm

Nissan Maxima and Altima
Chrysler 300S
Chevrolet Impala Premier V6
VM Passat
Mix of SUVs

Over at Hertz T1 they just got in a half dozen brand new Audi A5 sedans. And an Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan. All in the upgrades isle. To bad Hertz limits the mileage on these to 200 km/day or less.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:19 am

YYZ just got in a bunch of brand new Ford Edge SUVs including a couple Titanium and Sport models fully loaded with 21" wheelsl (MSRP $55K)

I had a look thru the isle for roof racks and some of the following had them: Nissan Rogue and Pathfinder. Ford Escape. Dodge Journey Sport.

Some Dodge Caravan have a black bar along the edge of the roof. Not sure if you can attach anything or it's just trim. There is no space to loop a rope thru. The Tahoe was the same. I took a picture and if you inbox me your email I'll send it to you.

Avis had a couple Pacifica. I haven't seen any at National. Good luck!

Has anyone heard if the Mustangs, Challengers and maybe Camaros are coming for the summer?

Thanks Turbov6 for checking! I'll message you my email!

The Dodge Caravan and new Pacificas have the roof bars built into the roof rail. So it is one of the most ideal cars to rent when I want to stick on my Thule carrier. I've noticed through searching car manufacturer sites, many will come with a flush roof rail that requires a more specific rack to install, which sucks. At the same time, I'm surprised only Dodge chooses to include roof racks into their rood rail system, which IMO is genius. Actually, Subaru does it too on their Outbacks, but chances of finding that as a rental is slim to none!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:00 pm

There were about 6 of the Audi A5s at Hertz yesterday but they were all gone by today.

Nothing special at National today at T1, there was nothing in the PS, quiet a few Santa Fes in ES and the only two sedans were a Fusion and an Altima.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:11 am

Mustangs are hitting the ground here in YHZ - we have about 8 GT Coupes infleeted so far - loaded with nav and all the goodies. Truckloads are arriving daily of new Fords for the summer; I was down at our distribution center this morning when I got to work and there was a 2018 Lincoln Continental being offloaded and some 2018 Expedition Max Platinums as well....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.