Cars at YYZ

Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:34 pm

if you want a cadillac or BMW sedan, the exotics location at Yonge - Empress has some of them. When I booked a reservation last weekend they had an Escalade, $132 a day, 300 KM/day. not bad - considering the Escalade’s at AVIS have a 200 KM/day cap and sometimes is a costly upgrade.

Originally Posted by manohman
Went over to Hertz this weekend, booked ICAR and paid $25 a day upgrade fee for a Volvo S60. They're nice cars but cannot help but feel Hertz is price-gouging with the fees, especially when last time around they wanted $50 a day for the Volvo S90 and don't want to negotiate. Bit crazy, considering I have president's circle status. If Hertz daily/weekend rates weren't so cheap, I might be more crankier Lol.

Anyway, I walked past the Emerald Aisle in T1 on Sunday January 22nd and noticed they had a Cadillac, Audi and BMW sedan in the Premier upgrade section. Couldn't believe my eyes. Never seen a Cadillac sedan before.

Excuse my blurry photo, I snapped it pretty quickly
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rtch92
if you want a cadillac or BMW sedan, the exotics location at Yonge - Empress has some of them. When I booked a reservation last weekend they had an Escalade, $132 a day, 300 KM/day. not bad - considering the Escalade’s at AVIS have a 200 KM/day cap and sometimes is a costly upgrade.
Are you talking about Exotic Cars - Enterprise North York at 5150 Yonge Street, North York, ON, CA, M2N6L8? I looked online but they don't have anything really interesting unlike the US which has Aston Martins, Ferraris etc.

Hertz has Cadillac & BMWs as upgrades or you can reserve a Cadillac under the Luxury class for a decent price using coupons.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:55 pm

Yes! apparently that vehicle was from the Carlingview location which has a better variety. I agree that they have nothing nice other than what I got.

Do you happen to know what Cadillac’s Hertz has at YYZ? Strange, because I thought they only got Volvo’s.

I been getting pretty lucky with my AVIS rentals lately, haven’t rented much from National at the airport.

Are you talking about Exotic Cars - Enterprise North York at 5150 Yonge Street, North York, ON, CA, M2N6L8? I looked online but they don't have anything really interesting unlike the US which has Aston Martins, Ferraris etc.

Hertz has Cadillac & BMWs as upgrades or you can reserve a Cadillac under the Luxury class for a decent price using coupons.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Yes! apparently that vehicle was from the Carlingview location which has a better variety. I agree that they have nothing nice other than what I got.

Do you happen to know what Cadillac’s Hertz has at YYZ? Strange, because I thought they only got Volvo’s.
I been getting pretty lucky with my AVIS rentals lately, haven’t rented much from National at the airport.
I've pretty much stopped renting at National. National wants $54 a day for the Emerald Aisle when Hertz wants $55-90 total for 3 day rentals depending on class, time of the month and coupon codes. That's a no-brainer. I am also fed up with seeing 3 rows of gas-guzzler SUVs on the EA that I'll never rent because I simply don't need an SUV for running around town.

Hertz has the Cadillac ATS, XTS and XT5 SUV.

This will be my last year of renting vehicles. I am buying my own vehicle this year.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've pretty much stopped renting at National. National wants $54 a day for the Emerald Aisle when Hertz wants $55-90 total for 3 day rentals depending on class, time of the month and coupon codes. That's a no-brainer. I am also fed up with seeing 3 rows of gas-guzzler SUVs on the EA that I'll never rent because I simply don't need an SUV for running around town.

Hertz has the Cadillac ATS, XTS and XT5 SUV.

This will be my last year of renting vehicles. I am buying my own vehicle this year.
I can only speak about Hertz in the USA, but compared to National, they seem far worse - old, dirty, ratty cars for top level elites, a no-free-upgrades policy handed down from corporate, and very expensive upgrade fees for cars I can rent off the aisle at many large airport National locations. I just don't see the value proposition with Hertz at all when compared to what I get at National. Now of course if your base rate at Hertz plus the upgrade fee to something really nice is comparable to, or less than the base rent fee at National, then it would make sense to switch.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:48 pm

any sightings at YYZ lately?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: National EE
any sightings at YYZ lately?
Feb 9 @ 6pm T1 ES - Lots of premium cars in the isle, less SUVs due to all of the snow this weekend
- Chrysler 300S both AWD and RWD
- Dodge Charger SXT RWD (have seen AWD SXT in previous weeks)
- Nissan Maxima SV and SL
- Chevy Impala Premier V6 with Bose audio and wireless phone charging (one with only 46 kms brand new, another with 300kms)
- Ford Flex Limited
- Nissan Pathfinder SV
- Ford Escape Titanium
- Mitsubishi SUV
- Nissan Rogue (seen several brand new over the past few weeks)
- Nissan Murano
- Hyundia SUV, Kia SUV
- Premier selection had a Cadillac CT5, Infinity SUV

In additional T3 had a couple Fusion SE and Escape SE and a Cadillac CTS in Premier selection
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:10 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Quick note about YYZ. Check that there is registration and insurance papers in the vehicle. Second time in as many months none were in cars I went for.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Can someone explain difference between, Emerald Isle, Executive isle and Premier selection?

I am new to National but will be renting over 60 days in 2018. Out of all the companies at YYZ , National/Alamo looks good to me.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:50 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by a310pilot
Can someone explain difference between, Emerald Isle, Executive isle and Premier selection?

I am new to National but will be renting over 60 days in 2018. Out of all the companies at YYZ , National/Alamo looks good to me.
Emerald Aisle is the standard aisles of cars that are available to any member of National's Loyalty Program (Emerald Club) who book a midsize vehicle. You are guaranteed to receive at least a midsize car, but can choose from any car on the Emerald Aisles which can include full size cars, SUVs of various sizes, and occasionally premium cars.

Executive Aisle is the same concept but available only to those with Executive or Executive Elite Status in National's Emerald Club Loyalty Program. The cars on the Executive Aisle are in theory nicer than those found on the Emerald Aisle and are at the minimum a full-size car (though some locations have put smaller cars on the aisle when inventory is tight). You will often find premium cars, nicer equipped and larger SUVs, and even luxury cars and SUVs on the Executive Aisle.

Premier Selection is whatever the location feels that it can garner an upcharge for that day. Generally these are higher end luxury cars and SUVs (BMW 5/7 Series, Cadillac Escalade, Audi Q7, etc) but can occasionally be lower model cars (BMW 4-series, Mercedes C-Class, etc). These are generally NOT given out as free upgrades but of course status, what you originally booked, time of day, and inventory on hand can change that.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
Emerald Aisle is the standard aisles of cars that are available to any member of National's Loyalty Program (Emerald Club) who book a midsize vehicle. You are guaranteed to receive at least a midsize car, but can choose from any car on the Emerald Aisles which can include full size cars, SUVs of various sizes, and occasionally premium cars.

Executive Aisle is the same concept but available only to those with Executive or Executive Elite Status in National's Emerald Club Loyalty Program. The cars on the Executive Aisle are in theory nicer than those found on the Emerald Aisle and are at the minimum a full-size car (though some locations have put smaller cars on the aisle when inventory is tight). You will often find premium cars, nicer equipped and larger SUVs, and even luxury cars and SUVs on the Executive Aisle.

Premier Selection is whatever the location feels that it can garner an upcharge for that day. Generally these are higher end luxury cars and SUVs (BMW 5/7 Series, Cadillac Escalade, Audi Q7, etc) but can occasionally be lower model cars (BMW 4-series, Mercedes C-Class, etc). These are generally NOT given out as free upgrades but of course status, what you originally booked, time of day, and inventory on hand can change that.

Got it thanks, Appreciate your detailed response. so if I've booked a vehicle from Emerald isle could I let's say pick a vehicle from rest of the lot that aren't parked under any banner? In essence am I limited to what's in that Emerald isle.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:46 pm

Saturday National T1

Nearly only SUVs available

ES
- Pick your FCA SUV (Journey, Durango R/T, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler)
- Ford Explorer
- Dodge Grand Caravan
- Subaru Forester?
- Chevy Impala

Premier selection had one QX60 and one QX80
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:13 pm

Was the Forester nicely equipped? Ontario plated?

Originally Posted by Schweden
Saturday National T1

Nearly only SUVs available

ES
- Pick your FCA SUV (Journey, Durango R/T, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler)
- Ford Explorer
- Dodge Grand Caravan
- Subaru Forester?
- Chevy Impala

Premier selection had one QX60 and one QX80
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:26 pm

Was the Forester nicely equipped? Ontario plated?

I didn't even notice it until I looked at the picture I snapped with what appeared to be a silver Forester next to a Ford Explorer in the very back! The only distinguishing feature I can make out are the rims which would indicate that it comes with the 2.0XT engine. It appears to have a front licence plate (so not Quebec-plated I guess?) and while blurry, it does look like the Limited trim's headlights instead of the Touring trim.

I apologize for not getting a closer look. I rushed by the National ES section over to Hertz to pick up an Alfa Romeo Stelvio!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:47 am

Monday Evening T1

Premier Selection
- An Audi A4

ES
- Lots of Wrangler JK Unlimited Saharas
- Fusion Sport
- Buick Regal
- A few Altimas
- Durango GT
- Charger SXT
- A Maxima SV

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.