Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC-E50K / WS-P / Hyatt-G
Thanks!

Originally Posted by briantoronto
They could care less. I do it all the time.
Much more convenient that way, thanks for the info!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:07 pm

Friday Night Oct. 4th n@11:45
Took a loaded withe Ford Excursion for the weekend from the EA.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Saturday, Oct 4 around 3pm T3

ES was SUV heavy, EA was mostly FCAR and under. I don't remember everything, but from what I recall:

- 1 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited
- 1 Jeep Cherokee true north?
- 1 Jeep GC limited (not the luxury package that has nav and panoramic roof)
- 1 Explorer limited
- 3 Altima (S, SV)
- 1 Elantra
- 1 Maxima
- 1 Mazda 5
- 1 Fusion SE
- 3 Escape SE (regular and ecoboost AWD)
- 1 Subaru Legacy
- 1 XC70 T6 (14000km, Nova Scotia plates. first time in a T6, wow!)
- 1 2015 Suburban or Yukon XL
- a bunch of GM CUV/SUVs
- 3 Kia Rondo
- A few T&C

And a few others
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Rented from T-3 late last Monday, ES had a very picked over selection. Mostly SUVs, saw 2x Edge, 1 Jeep Liberty, 1 gigantic Yukon, minivans, and I think an Explorer and some Escapes. The few sedans in-between were unexciting and going fast- Impala, Malibu, Sonata. Took the Sonata, which had around 5k kms on it, and the XM still active. Cloth seats and underpowered, but not that it mattered as I spent most of the time in gridlock in downtown Toronto anyway....

Going to be back in a couple weeks. Is there a general consensus that it's worth going to T-1 instead? Or....?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Rented from T-3 late last Monday, ES had a very picked over selection. Mostly SUVs, saw 2x Edge, 1 Jeep Liberty, 1 gigantic Yukon, minivans, and I think an Explorer and some Escapes. The few sedans in-between were unexciting and going fast- Impala, Malibu, Sonata. Took the Sonata, which had around 5k kms on it, and the XM still active. Cloth seats and underpowered, but not that it mattered as I spent most of the time in gridlock in downtown Toronto anyway....

Going to be back in a couple weeks. Is there a general consensus that it's worth going to T-1 instead? Or....?
In my most recent experiences since T3 National got moved and upgraded, and as you have noticed, it's usually SUV/minivan heavy. T1 will look more like your average national fleet with way more chances of getting a decent smaller vehicle (FCAR, IFAR), but nothing too special. Of course, Monday nights are probably the worst for selection at YYZ.

Basically, anytime I need anything out of the ordinary or particularly large, T3 is a good place. Otherwise, stick with T1 especially if that's the terminal you'll land at. I find T1's EA also a good bet for unexciting cars, as opposed to T3's EA for unexciting CUVs.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:44 pm

Went to T1 on Thursday night with a "Premium" Reservation cause I wanted something fun to drive this weekend. I was pointed to a 300 sitting on the Exec Aisle.
I asked what's the point of that if I could've had the same car with a full-size res?
"Well, we'll adjust your rate on the way out" is not the answer I wanted to hear.

They had a C class and a Genesis sitting off on the side and I asked if I could have either of those.
"No Sir, those are reserved."

I asked how I can reserve one since the highest the res system goes is a Premium. "You have to call it in".

I really don't have that kind of time. Went over to T3 just to see if the expanded selection was any better. Ended up in a Maxima from the Exec selection anyway. At least it has leather

From what I remember though:
T1 ES
- Traverse
- CX-9 or CX-7
- Durango
- Grand Cherokee Laredo
- Maxima that smelled like an ashtray
- Kia Sorento

T3 ES
- Grand Cherokee Laredo
- Maxima
- Nicely equipped Lacrosse (2nd Choice)
- Charger SXT
- Journey
- Acadia
- Terrain

Side note: Last week when I was here there was a Tacoma on the Aisle. Weirdest sight ever for me.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:13 am

T3 Friday Oct 24 ~5pm

It was a mess. EA was packed with dirty return cars parked in long lines perpendicular to the spots. Free executive membership for everyone today!

ES had about 7 SUVs: Journeys/Terrains/Traverse
and 1 lonely Subaru Legacy

Went over to T1 and stole a 2014 Escape Titanium from the enterlies side when no one looked.

Other cars at T1 included Escape SE, GC laredo, Nissan Frontier, Terrains, Huyndai Tuscon sport, Jeep patriot and other boring SUVs.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:26 am

Bar a Sonata and a Genesis, the Executive Aisle only had SUVs or Crossovers this morning. I took the Genesis despite the fact that it had 31,000KM (19,000 mi) on it.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:37 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Buick Enclave with NY Plates.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:39 pm

11/20 T1 around noon

ES
Sonata, Subaru Legacy, Maxima, Jeep Patriot and a Dodge Ram.
EA: Sonatas and a Buick Verano
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:34 am

03/12 T1 around 8pm
ES 300s, fusions, Cherokee, sonatas and a Charger.
Ea 300s and sonatas
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:25 am

Dec 14th T1 around 9pm

ES: Altima, Malibu, 300, escape, Sonatas, maxima, kia optima and a LaCrosse.
EA: Malibu, Sonatas and a jeep patriot.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: National EE
I'm arriving in YYZ terminal 3 on Thursday Jan 29 around 4 pm. Which terminal do you think I have a more chance of getting a large SUV like Tahoe or Yukon (I'm an executive member)?

Thanks.

p.s: Does national offer Lincoln Navigator in YYZ?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:38 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by matrixca7
I'm arriving in YYZ terminal 3 on Thursday Jan 29 around 4 pm. Which terminal do you think I have a more chance of getting a large SUV like Tahoe or Yukon (I'm an executive member)?

Thanks.

p.s: Does national offer Lincoln Navigator in YYZ?
It is winter so they are pretty rare in the Aisle. Try T-3 first, and if not take the train over to T-1.

Have never seen a Navigator at YYZ (or any other Lincoln for that matter).
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:41 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
T-1
Sat Jan 24 evening.
Real mix, no real difference in the Aisles.
One 300, Mid-size SUV central (Nissan, KIA, Ford, Chrysler, etc.), some Subaru Foresters, a Nissan mid-size pick-up.

Took a newish Ford Escape SE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.