Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Thanks everybody for the updates. I will arrive after Christmas and let you know what I see there.
Sunday the EA and ES had a mix of terrains, journeys, edges, and one of every other car (was like Noahs Arc in there...)
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:55 pm

Downtown YYZ - 12/22 @ midday
No Emerald Isle...

- Caddy CTS - silver
- Caddy CTS - black 9000km with active XM (which I got)
- Hyundai Genesis (6cyl)
- 3x Chrysler 300 (not hemi)
- Nissan Maxima

dozens of Darts, 200's and other ugly looking cars
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Been through National YYZ a couple of times over the last 3 weeks. Here's what I've been seeing.

Dodge Charger SE (Quiet highway ride, otherwise pretty boring)
Chrysler 300 Touring (Decent car. Had one out of YYZ recently. Comfortable and quiet, 8-speed transmission is a treat.)
Nissan Maxima (PCAR, would not recommend for snow and ice. That V6 engine is a work of art.)
Buick LaCross (YYZ has base models with cloth seats. Had a fully optioned one from another company and was very impressed. Tomb like quietness.)
Ford Escape Titanium (Not a fan of the seats, decent gas mileage, worth driving)
Ford Fusion (Have not driven the 2013 yet, exterior looks amazing)
Cadillac CTS (Model needs an update. Was an amazing rental a few years back. Front seats leave a lot to be desired. The base 3.0 V6 needs some more oomph)
Hyundai Genesis (Excellent car. If it's on the isle, grab it. If it has the Lexicon audio, you're in for a treat. Have not had one from YYZ.)
Hyundai Elantra (Not a bad ride for a ICAR, especially if it has some options)
Ford Edge (Very decent rental, especially if it's a Limited or upspec SEL. Look for the black Sony audio controls to know its got some toys)
Chevrolet Impala (Great updated engine in a geriatric sedan)
Chevrolet Tahoe (Built like a tank. Had dozens of these and Suburbans/Yukons over the years, and they stand up to rental abuse quite well. If you need to move a lot of big people, get one of these)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (YYZ has slightly optioned base models. Meh)
Volkswagen Passat (YYZ has the base models with cloth)
Ford Flex (I really like it. Looks are a bit interesting, but for rear leg room and ride quality with a family, its tough to beat)

Last edited by lardiop; Jan 16, 2013 at 12:11 pm
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Are the G37X's gone now, with CTS in their place?

That's too bad. The G37 is a little tired but at least fun to drive and AWD which makes it great in the snow.

I have a rental coming up late Jan. Maybe i will look for an Edge instead.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Sorry, forgot to post the availability during my rental.

Picked up Friday, December 28th around 9:30 am. I had a Premium reservation

Emerald had 2 VW Jettas (white and black)
Executive has 1 2012 Malibu in the base option

The only premium offering was a Volvo S60 T6 base model.

Upon being shown the S60, I was asked if it would work. I asked what else they had. He said he could change my reservation to a fullsize and give me the Malibu. I graciously declined.

When getting in the car, the Enterprise employee asked if I was taking the car. He then yelled to the National employee, "See, that swap worked out well." So, I wonder what car was given away that should have been mine

p.s. - the car had 28xxx km on it, so it was an Enterprise car.

Last edited by 91StealthES; Jan 11, 2013 at 12:44 pm
Old Jan 13, 2013, 6:23 pm

Cars at YYZ

Usually if t1 is empty I give it a try at t2 that is smaller but sometimes they have some good stuff.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:39 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Sorry, forgot to post the availability during my rental.

Picked up Friday, December 28th around 9:30 am. I had a Premium reservation

Emerald had 2 VW Jettas (white and black)
Executive has 1 2012 Malibu in the base option

The only premium offering was a Volvo S60 T6 base model.

Upon being shown the S60, I was asked if it would work. I asked what else they had. He said he could change my reservation to a fullsize and give me the Malibu. I graciously declined.

When getting in the car, the Enterprise employee asked if I was taking the car. He then yelled to the National employee, "See, that swap worked out well." So, I wonder what car was given away that should have been mine

p.s. - the car had 28xxx km on it, so it was an Enterprise car.
You probably had a T5, not a T6. I'd be shocked if the T6 was in the fleet.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dwbf11
You probably had a T5, not a T6. I'd be shocked if the T6 was in the fleet.
You may be right. I don't recall if it was a T5 or T6, but I initially wrote T6, so it very well could have been.

I looked on National.com to see if it stated the model, but it did not. While on there, I noticed that it is listed as a Full-Size Elite. Should I ask for compensation since I didn't receive my Premium car reserved and the staff told me it was the only premium they had?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:01 am

Full size elite trumps premium. In fact, you should consider yourself damn lucky to have gotten an upgrade to an elite class car with a premium reservation. Do you really feel that your Volvo S60 was inferior to a base Maxima, Chrysler 300, Ford Taurus, Hyundai Genesis or even Honda Accord? That is what the Premium reservation entitled you to, so if you still think you got screwed enough to ask for compensation, then go for it!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:05 am

You may be right. I don't recall if it was a T5 or T6, but I initially wrote T6, so it very well could have been.

I looked on National.com to see if it stated the model, but it did not. While on there, I noticed that it is listed as a Full-Size Elite. Should I ask for compensation since I didn't receive my Premium car reserved and the staff told me it was the only premium they had?
You crazy. Full Size Elite >> Premium. What Coastercameron said.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Full size elite trumps premium. In fact, you should consider yourself damn lucky to have gotten an upgrade to an elite class car with a premium reservation. Do you really feel that your Volvo S60 was inferior to a base Maxima, Chrysler 300, Ford Taurus, Hyundai Genesis or even Honda Accord? That is what the Premium reservation entitled you to, so if you still think you got screwed enough to ask for compensation, then go for it!
Interesting. I didn't know Full Size Elite was above Premium. I always thought the Volvos and Subarus were in Premium.

To answer your question, no, I would not want, nor choose a Maxima or Accord. I would choose a 300, Taurus and Genesis, but would still choose the S60 over them.

I am not complaining about the S60. I love the Volvos and take them when available. I just thought being it stated full-size, it was a class below.

Thanks for educating me
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Interesting. I didn't know Full Size Elite was above Premium. I always thought the Volvos and Subarus were in Premium.

To answer your question, no, I would not want, nor choose a Maxima or Accord. I would choose a 300, Taurus and Genesis, but would still choose the S60 over them.

I am not complaining about the S60. I love the Volvos and take them when available. I just thought being it stated full-size, it was a class below.

Thanks for educating me
Classifications can get confusing at times. Generally you can't reserve Elite classes which is why why it will trump the normal stuff you can book. Of course there's still personal preference though
Old Feb 1, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: FPC, aeroplan, National emerald club
Question luxury rentals at YYZ

What is available for luxury rentals at YYZ.

Also, according to YYZ site there are two National locations at YYZ, T1 and T3. Is this correct? If so are the same types of luxury vehicles available at T1 and T3?

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by sharppencil
What is available for luxury rentals at YYZ.

Also, according to YYZ site there are two National locations at YYZ, T1 and T3. Is this correct? If so are the same types of luxury vehicles available at T1 and T3?

Thanks.
Go to T1 way bigger more selection. Look for Khalil
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Last week I was given a Mercedes C250AWD because they were out of cars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.