Cars at YYZ

Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:14 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
YYZ Nov 16, T-1
Kinda bare. Nothing in the EA, ES had a couple Flex (I took one), a non-optioned lacrosse (fabric seats), couple 300s, Terrain, couple Impalas, Maxima, and a Grand Cherokee.

A 2013 Fusion in Luxury...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Any update?

Just wondering if anyone had a recent update for YYZ?

It is coming time to reserve a car for vacation and I am debating on spending $220 for a week and pick from the aisle, or use my free days for a SUV.

Just wanted to see if they have had SUVs on the aisle with the cold weather and snow approaching.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Just wondering if anyone had a recent update for YYZ?

It is coming time to reserve a car for vacation and I am debating on spending $220 for a week and pick from the aisle, or use my free days for a SUV.

Just wanted to see if they have had SUVs on the aisle with the cold weather and snow approaching.
Have not been there in a while, (will be next week and will report back) but YYZ is usualy high on Edges.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:37 am

I've booked in a luxury downtown for a week, hoping for a nice Caddy or Lincoln....
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by hearna
Have not been there in a while, (will be next week and will report back) but YYZ is usualy high on Edges.
Last week Friday no Edges. They got a bunch of new 300's and Chargers - though semi fail? considering it was snowing that Friday night (RWD)

Base Caravans (No Sirius), Equinox and a CX-9 I believe I also saw along with some Buick Lacrosses.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:13 pm

Was at YYZ T1 last Friday, slim pickings in my opinion:

-Grand Cherokee
-Two Buick Lacrosse
-Nissan Maxima(ended up with this)
-VW Passats, seem like base models due to hubcaps and no fogs
-The usual minivans, Impalas, and Mazda6
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by briantoronto
YYZ Nov 16, T-1
Kinda bare. Nothing in the EA, ES had a couple Flex (I took one), a non-optioned lacrosse (fabric seats), couple 300s, Terrain, couple Impalas, Maxima, and a Grand Cherokee.

A 2013 Fusion in Luxury...
Not renting from Hertz as much these days? I've noticed you more present on the National board in the last while is all. Also beyond the EA/ES the parking job at National usually makes little sense. Though I find the Midsize section near the gates usually has a proper assortment of Intermediate and Standard size cars.

Originally Posted by phat-dave
I've booked in a luxury downtown for a week, hoping for a nice Caddy or Lincoln....
I haven't seen Caddies at YYZ since the DTS late in 2010. Here are your likely options based on what I've seen at YYZ:
  • Infiniti G37
  • BMW 3-series (usually seen the 328i)
  • Lincoln MKS

Or they could give you a luxury-type SUV like an MKX. Do report back!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:35 pm

thanks tuna - the bimmer is a bit weak at 250HP, I'd much prefer the M37 and the new MKS is ugly... i couldnt possibly get over its looks if it were the ecoboost.

failing that i'd take a hemi 300c - i'll report back how i go.. pick up isn't until 12/21
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:08 pm

Wink

6PM

EA: terrain, Mazda 5, caravan, 200, Altima, edge, from what I saw overall pretty random selection.

ES: maxima, charger, 300 touring (I took - equipped w/ winter tires ), lacrosse, Mazda 6

Most other full size/standard SUVs were moved into another section (premium - maybe trying to upsell). Odd that the remaining ones were placed in EA instead of ES.

Kinda surprised 300 touring is classified as PXAR though. It does have leather and BT option added but I've usually gotten at least a limited as PXAR.

Last edited by tkyoshi; Dec 14, 2012 at 7:41 pm
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by tkyoshi
300 touring (I took - equipped winter tires ),
Is this something that actually happens? I'm renting next week from SEA and driving 12 hours north, so finding something with winter tires would make me a happy man.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Chmeeee
Is this something that actually happens? I'm renting next week from SEA and driving 12 hours north, so finding something with winter tires would make me a happy man.
Hmm unfortunately I would lean towards 'no' - espeicially on the west coast. I actually had a bit of luck because the car I have is actually Quebec plated. In Quebec all cars MUST have winter tires by law so I assume that's why it has them on and National isn't exactly springing for them by choice.

I have heard that Hertz will let you request winter tires for an upcharge, but again I think it would be tough find on the west coast. Hope your road trip goes well!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by tkyoshi
Hmm unfortunately I would lean towards 'no' - espeicially on the west coast. I actually had a bit of luck because the car I have is actually Quebec plated. In Quebec all cars MUST have winter tires by law so I assume that's why it has them on and National isn't exactly springing for them by choice.

I have heard that Hertz will let you request winter tires for an upcharge, but again I think it would be tough find on the west coast. Hope your road trip goes well!
As if National cares? They (along with all other rental agencies) charge a per day 'Sesonal tire fee'; I believe Nationals is 2.50 a day.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:52 pm

just got an email from Toronto downtown to confirm my luxury booking for Saturday... currently on the lot they've got a new Hyundai Genesis, Infiniti G37, Lincoln MKS and a Chrysler 300C
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:07 pm

Right now walking by.

ES: Mazda 6, dodge journeys, terrain
EA: didn't see anything that stood out.

Lots of edges in return.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks everybody for the updates. I will arrive after Christmas and let you know what I see there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.