Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
It is a safety feature of new Ford models to be programmed with a max speed of 80 MPH and max volume of 40%. This is is possibly implemented by the factory or previous renters.
  • Without the admin key, you can not deactivate this (the spare key in the spare ire in the trunk may be the admin key, however).
  • Only the station manager has the ability to remove the MyKey restriction.
  • To see if MyKey is enabled, turn on the ignition and it will display "MyKey Active" within approximately 5 seconds
  • When you enable the system, the key you are using becomes the MyKey and the other key becomes the AdminKey.
  • Every feature of MyKey can be customized to your specific needs. The speed limit, however, is set by the factory at 80 MPH (130 km/h) and cannot be customized. Here are the MyKey features and your options:

Speed Limit 80 MPH (130 km/h)
On
Off

Speed Warning Chime (Approaching Top Speed)
Chime at 55 MPH (90 km/h)
Chime at 65 MPH (105 km/h)
Chime at 75 MPH (120 km/h)
Off

Volume Limit
40%
Off

ESP System Cannot be Disabled
On
Off
Print Wikipost

Ford MyKey Deactivation

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Robert Buffalo
So really what's the point in making me make these ridiculous posts that has zero to do with the topic at hand just so that I can post the actual vital information on my next post?

P.S. Sorry for the rant everyone but it seems dumb to me that I can't just register and be able to post content worth posting but instead have to do work just to provide content that I would've thought the owners of this forum would want people to be posting "freely" Anyways...look at the next post. Hopefully the way I have come up with to reset the MyKey system will help others do so as well and it's cheap to do so as well!

Thanks!
The best part is that your first 5 posts are likely to be deleted, putting you back at square one!
Old May 30, 2019, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by nd2010
I hope that this isn’t a problem anymore. Being able to speed up to prevent an accident is a critical safety feature.
Adding energy to a dangerous situation is never a good idea. This is as ridiculous as a motorcyclist stating that they "had to lay it down to avoid an accident".

"laying it down" *is* an accident.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Adding energy to a dangerous situation is never a good idea. This is as ridiculous as a motorcyclist stating that they "had to lay it down to avoid an accident".

"laying it down" *is* an accident.
It's not so simple. Avoiding a dangerous situation isn't always about braking. Sometimes it is about swerving. If you swerve and there is another car there, you probably don't want to be slowing down.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Apparently I have to make 5 posts in order to be able to provide links. I don't understand?
If I make stupid little posts like this doesn't it just crowd up the forum and make it more difficult for people to find and use the information that they need/want from this forum?
Seems like making someone make 5 posts before providing good content in the form of links is arbitrary!
Seems like it's definitely a waste of time since you have no idea what the first 5 posts I'm making are about and it's not like you are verifying them of their content prior to or even after my submission of them!
So really what's the point in making me make these ridiculous posts that has zero to do with the topic at hand just so that I can post the actual vital information on my next post?

P.S. Sorry for the rant everyone but it seems dumb to me that I can't just register and be able to post content worth posting but instead have to do work just to provide content that I would've thought the owners of this forum would want people to be posting "freely" Anyways...look at the next post. Hopefully the way I have come up with to reset the MyKey system will help others do so as well and it's cheap to do so as well!

Thanks!
There's a reason new members are not allowed to post links. It has to do with spammers who repetitively hit FT with links to their sites promoting everything from buying credit card numbers to love potions. The inability for new users, some being spammers, to post links is a security feature to try and defeat spammers. We've discussed this in detail on the Technical Issues forum in past years, but as you're new here you're probably not aware of those discussions. You'll also find that you have a limited amount of messages you can exchange off-line with other members until you have more contributions here.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I have to make 5 post in order to post a link. This sucks!
2nd of 5 posts so that I can post URLs. Sorry for the fluff posts!
3 of 5 post because this rule is dumb!
4 of 5 now the last post told me I had to wait 30 seconds between post so I waited
I will be posting my actual post next. Look for it for the answer to resetting the MyKey on your vehicle if you only have the MyKey
Did you read any of the prior comments about the reasoning behind not allowing links from new members? Seems like you missed the point entirely. You may also have missed this in the terms of service:

Post-padding or other methods of repeated posting to artificially inflate a post count, enhance visibility on the board, or for any other reason, are not allowed.
https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#padding
m907, Auto Enthusiast and bemis like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:43 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Robert Buffalo, per above we do not tolerate padding and this is not the first time you've tried to do this here. If you try this again, your account will be banned permanently. Please do not continue your post-padding activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.