Cars at PIT

Old Jul 17, 18, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Arrived yesterday afternoon to an empty lot and line of people waiting regardless of status. After about 10 minutes I ended up with a GMC Acadia.
Old Jul 24, 18, 6:00 am

Rented at PIT at 10 PM on 7/18 for a 300+ mile one way. Sparse pickings in all areas, the usual suspects of Grand Caravans, Altimas, Santa Fes et al. Settled, and I do mean settled, on a stripped down Mitsubishi Outlander because it had the lowest mileage of any on-site SUV.

Perhaps mid-day would have a better selection.
m907 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 18, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Cburley View Post
Rented at PIT at 10 PM on 7/18 for a 300+ mile one way. Sparse pickings in all areas, the usual suspects of Grand Caravans, Altimas, Santa Fes et al. Settled, and I do mean settled, on a stripped down Mitsubishi Outlander because it had the lowest mileage of any on-site SUV.

Perhaps mid-day would have a better selection.
In my experience they do seem to have a pretty poor selection on weekday evenings.
Old Oct 11, 18, 6:33 am

I've been to PIT several times in the evenings and selection is usually bottom of the barrel with a nearly empty lot. It's usually Grand Caravans galore. Seems like they run out of cars around 7 or 8 and just start pulling up the vans.

If you get lucky they'll have a handful of big SUVs to go along with the Grand Caravans. Nissan Armadas, Expeditions, Tahoes, Yukons, and the like.
Old Oct 11, 18, 2:13 pm

So you're trying hard not to say selection at PIT in the evenings is in the pits?
ginmqi likes this.
Old Oct 12, 18, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
So you're trying hard not to say selection at PIT in the evenings is in the pits?
Yes!

Hertz is usually fully stocked at that hour. I guess they'd rather work at night than in the morning.
Old Dec 8, 18, 3:48 am

Edit; Wrong thread.
Old Dec 19, 18, 4:20 pm

ES had an Audi Q7 this morning. There was also a 2019 Jeep Wrangler, in base trim but the first '19 model I've seen. Other than that it was pretty much your choice of Grand Caravans, Dodge Journeys, and base trim pickup trucks.
Old Jan 1, 19, 8:29 am

I was surprised to see the aisles fully stocked on New Years Eve. But most of them were midsize SUVs (Rav4, Rogue, Santa Fe, etc.) so nothing really special that I could see.
Old Jan 12, 19, 3:06 am

In contrast to New Years Eve being SUV city, on Friday it was FCAR city. Only a handful SUVs on the lot in base trims, plus one base Challenger and one base Camaro. The rest were Fusions, Altimas, Impalas.
Joonydell likes this.