Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PIT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive, AAdvantage Gold, Midwest Miles
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
They had a sign out there indicating renovations coming soon. And in the rendering was aisle service...but who knows if that'll ever occur.

Local here who rents from the airport location several times a year for local travel- Enterprise in my hometown has crummy cars.

The renovation sign is gone and no renovations seem to have been done. I was looking forward to parking, taking the moving walk to the car, hopping in and driving away. Looks like that's not happening.

Not sure how they'd do the kiosks for Emerald Aisle anyway.

Not sure if they just have generally good cars at this location, if they give locals better vehicles or if it's because of my corporate contract, but I almost always end up with a full when I reserve intermediate (my program list is old, I lost Exec due to a corporate travel preferred vendor decision and only just allowed to use National again this year. One rental away from Exec again). Last two times had a loaded Chrysler 200 and a mostly loaded Mazda 6.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Why is there no Emerald Aisle/Executive at PIT?

This is a major city airport, yet it's kiosk service, which always seems to have a backup when I arrive Monday's around noon. The last two times I've wanted an SUV due to the inclement weather, yet received a Maxima or similar, being told all the SUVs are reserved already. I looked around and saw quite a few; don't get it. This is the only major airport I have this problem, the terminal inside is under renovation; not sure what the plans are if any for the rental car lot.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:47 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by MCOGUY
This is a major city airport, yet it's kiosk service, which always seems to have a backup when I arrive Monday's around noon. The last two times I've wanted an SUV due to the inclement weather, yet received a Maxima or similar, being told all the SUVs are reserved already. I looked around and saw quite a few; don't get it. This is the only major airport I have this problem, the terminal inside is under renovation; not sure what the plans are if any for the rental car lot.
So you had an SUV reservation and were denied it? Or you wanted one on a non-SUV reservation and were told you couldn't have one? Your post isn't entirely clear. Also, it's entirely possible all of the vehicles you saw were in fact reserved for renters who had not yet arrived.

It's not uncommon in snow belt areas for SUVs to be put on reservation only when there's inclement weather. I know they do this at DTW frequently during the winter. As far as I know it's a station management decision as they can often get much higher upgrade/base rates for those vehicles when the weather gets sloppy.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:29 pm

National at PIT now has Emerald Aisle service! A welcome sight, for sure.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Josher747
National at PIT now has Emerald Aisle service! A welcome sight, for sure.
Oh, that's great news -- particularly timely for an upcoming rental of mine.

Any comments on the selection?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Just rented here on Saturday. They have a very small Executive selection, but I was able to snag a new '15 Edge Titanium from it. So they are putting in a good effort.

I didn't actually see where the regular Aisle was, so no comments on that.

Emerald Reserve customers don't need to stop at the counter, as there's an agent in the booth.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive, AAdvantage Gold, Midwest Miles
Yep, PIT is now big time! The trashed out selection at my local Enterprise keeps me coming back.

Have rented there twice in the past few months, a Camaro from the ES for work and a T&C from the EA on a free night when I needed to move a couch. I rent there probably 4-5 times a year and am generally happy.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: National Executive Elite
Thumbs up

Picked up 12/22 around 11:45 pm. I like that they have an aisle now. I had a choice between a 2016 Charger or 2016 Impala LTZ. I took thee Impala. XM worked the entire week. Looks like the 16's don't have the sunroof or heated wheel anymore.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:04 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Flying in today and will see. Hopefully nabbing something with AWD due to the weather.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:04 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
PIT Made me somewhat happy

Standard selections but lots of smaller SUV's available and the common Impala/Malibu's

Since it was snowing I was able to pick up a big Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 and was happy.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:21 pm

Convertible or similar in aisle

What are the chances Pittsburgh has mustangs, challengers or camaros in their aisle in March. Road trip planned wondering if anyone has rented recently and saw any cars in the convertible or similar class
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite
Question

Originally Posted by mustangmuscle
What are the chances Pittsburgh has mustangs, challengers or camaros in their aisle in March. Road trip planned wondering if anyone has rented recently and saw any cars in the convertible or similar class

How was the trip? What was on the aisle
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by joepa26
How was the trip? What was on the aisle
Mainly base model vehicles a lot of impalas and fusions only two cars that were premium were the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300 I went with the 300 it was amazing completely loaded and navigation. Next time I will try the jeep if it's available.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
On a Wednesday at about 6:00 P.M., pickings were slim:

EA
Unknown SUV
Chevy Impala
Chevy Cruze
Hyundai Veloster (in the "Compact" spaces at the end of the row)

ES
Unknown SUV
Hyundai Elantra GT

Going on a road trip, so I wanted a car, not an SUV. The Impala and Cruze were grabbed before I could get to them. The lot assistant tried to sell me on the Veloster, then was going to allow me to take the Elantra even though I'm not Exec. I said I'd wait a couple minutes to see if anything else appeared; 30 seconds later, a Ford Fusion was driven onto the EA, and I took it.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:56 pm

Haven't noticed any recent posts so going to ask what's usually here for luxury cars? I have a cheaper Avis reservation here but I'm curious what's usually here. If the chances of getting a good car here I'll take this res.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.