Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

One-Two Free 2010 – Earn 8/22/10-1/31/11; Redeem thru 6/25/11 (modified from 6/30)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One-Two Free 2010 – Earn 8/22/10-1/31/11; Redeem thru 6/25/11 (modified from 6/30)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, AA Million Miler

The countdown to our ONE TWO FREE® promotion has begun.

Once again our members can earn a Free Rental Day with every two rentals from August 22, 2010, through January 31, 2011. Redeem your Free Rental Days all the way through June 30, 2011. Look for details in your in-box soon.

EDIT:

The Sign Up Link: https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/12free10/

T&Cs:

National Car Rental®
ONE TWO FREE®
Terms and Conditions

One Free Rental Day will be awarded for every two qualifying rentals made after the date on which the member has registered and between August 22, 2010, and January 31, 2011. Credit will not be given for rentals made prior to a member's registration date. A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via The Emerald Club®, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.

Earned Free Rental Day fulfillment will begin after September 3, 2010, (solely by email to the email address provided at the time of registration) and thereafter will occur within 1–2 weeks after the second qualifying rental. Free Rental Days are non-transferable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. To redeem a Free Rental Day, rent a Compact through Fullsize car starting after September 3, 2010, and before June 25, 2011. To take advantage of this offer, make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. No more than three Free Rental Days may be redeemed toward one rental of three or more days. Unfortunately, we cannot combine this offer with any other discount and cannot apply the offer to a previous or existing reservation. All standard rental qualifications apply. Be aware that taxes, surcharges, recovery and recoupment fees and other charges may apply, and that optional products and services (such as damage waiver and additional driver fees) are extra charges. Please check your auto insurance policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage. The availability of this offer is limited to participating U.S. locations and is subject to change without notice. Blackout dates may also apply. We cannot accept the coupon if it has been purchased, bartered or sold for cash.

Referrers of friends and colleagues will earn a maximum of one Free Rental Day, regardless of how many friends and colleagues enroll. In order to receive credit, referred friends and colleagues must use the email address provided by the referring party at time of enrollment.

To be eligible for the complimentary credit toward a Free Rental Day, you must electively opt in to receive emails from National. Offer expires January 31, 2011, and is valid for new opt-ins only.

Last edited by peteropny; Aug 20, 2010 at 9:01 am
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:24 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Cool One-Two Free 2010 – Earn 8/22/10-1/31/11; Redeem thru 6/30/11

Just got the email:
The countdown to our ONE TWO FREE® promotion has begun.

Once again our members can earn a Free Rental Day with every two rentals from August 22, 2010, through January 31, 2011. Redeem your Free Rental Days all the way through June 30, 2011. Look for details in your in-box soon.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
And in Canada:

The countdown to our RENT RENT REWARD (SM) promotion has begun.

Ron.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:39 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

National must really not like me anymore - I haven't received the email
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
National must really not like me anymore - I haven't received the email
Ditto; how could you treat me like that National, after all we've been through together?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Well.. it wasn't an email directly related to this.. it was the weekly summary email. The promo info was included in the email. Mine was titled "Ron, you're closing in on another Free Rental Day."

Ron.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by newfbc
Well.. it wasn't an email directly related to this.. it was the weekly summary email. The promo info was included in the email. Mine was titled "Ron, you're closing in on another Free Rental Day."

Ron.
But they have to like you to send you that email... which I am not getting
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:39 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
12 days less earning period than last years (8/10-1/31).
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Mr. Sophie got the email, I did not. As Mr. Sophie rarely rents cars, we share the same addy for National. I thought perhaps it was a "one per family" invite...
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
I have not seen any link to this promotion
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: DL DM; HH GLD; SPG/MAR GLD
Arrow

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Mr. Sophie got the email, I did not. As Mr. Sophie rarely rents cars, we share the same addy for National. I thought perhaps it was a "one per family" invite...
Most mass emailing software have an option to remove duplicate email addresses while sending so no one gets multiple copies of the same email, so while not necessarily "one per family", it WAS likely de-duplicated.

/AD
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So, we just rent and this happens automatically? With me renting every week 'till at least the end of the year, this sounds like a pretty good deal (esp. since now as an EE I can take any car I want).
Old Jul 16, 2010, 2:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
I did not get email. Went to EC- pulled newsletter which showed it.

Do we need ot register?

THX
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Jeez people... patience....

"Look for details in your in-box soon. "
Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I just used 3 1-2-Free Days from the last promotion, right under the wire.

Normally they expire without me getting a chance to use. Anyway, when booking, I was given an estimate total of $0.00 on the site and via email confirm.

At turn in, the charges were at least $60 in taxes and fees, etc. Got a $40/day credit for the car.

Is this normal for anyone whose been through this before or should I complain? After all, 13% (or whatever) of 0.0 is zero from what I've been taught. I'm in NY if that matters.

What about the earned free days usage? Same situation?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.