Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

One-Two Free 2010 – Earn 8/22/10-1/31/11; Redeem thru 6/25/11 (modified from 6/30)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One-Two Free 2010 – Earn 8/22/10-1/31/11; Redeem thru 6/25/11 (modified from 6/30)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
Perhaps I need to read the T & C more carefullly, but if we're enrolled in the promo, does that mean we don't get our normal airline bonus miles?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Got my first update email today.. I expect some of you didn't.. said I had earned 1 free day (from a referral).. but it wasn't available when I 'clicked through'... weird.

Ron.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc
Got my first update email today.. I expect some of you didn't.. said I had earned 1 free day (from a referral).. but it wasn't available when I 'clicked through'... weird.

Ron.
Yeah I got the email saying I also got a free day. When I check the page it says I have not earned any yet. I should have one free day though. Wonder when it will show.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by nicemann
Yeah I got the email saying I also got a free day. When I check the page it says I have not earned any yet. I should have one free day though. Wonder when it will show.
Me 2, probably it is because I have successfully refereed somebody to enroll,but in my Emerald account there is still 0 free rental showing。。。
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
Me 2, probably it is because I have successfully refereed somebody to enroll,but in my Emerald account there is still 0 free rental showing。。。
The free days for this promotion do not show in your Emerald Club account. You are sent 'coupon codes' to use for the free days.

Ron.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:50 pm

The free days for this promotion do not show in your Emerald Club account. You are sent 'coupon codes' to use for the free days.

Ron.

Either way....when I click on the link on the email it says:
Thanks for checking in, *****. As of today, you have not yet earned rewards in the ONE TWO FREEŽ promotion. Fortunately there's still time — and plenty of ways to earn. Remember, you earn one Free Rental Day for every two rental days through January 31, 2011.
So the system is still messed up.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
to put answers to common ?s in 1 spot.

1. Only PAID rentals qualify for days to get to free rental

2. If renting for 4 days, NO, you cannot rent for 2 days, return and rent for 2 days following, you need to have at least 1 day in between. There isn't any language but would assume this is from SAME location, if you were to fly out and rent same day from new town....it'd qualify....but don't take my word for it.

3. It seemingly takes forever to see your credits show on the website.

4. Supposedly can use the free days on ONE WAY rentals (quite sweet if you ask me!!)

5. Free referral is for with a weekend rental.

6. You must be signed-up for their emails to be eligible for their free rentals

7. Per website, I read you can only either EITHER miles OR rental credits, NOT BOTH....perhaps someone could explain how to get both...I hesitate to change my profile to say miles and never get the rentals..as they are worth far more than giving up a few FF miles.

Last edited by dgoedken; Sep 8, 2010 at 1:52 pm
Old Sep 8, 2010, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by dgoedken

2. If renting for 4 days, NO, you cannot rent for 2 days, return and rent for 2 days following, you need to have at least 1 day in between. There isn't any language but would assume this is from SAME location, if you were to fly out and rent same day from new town....it'd qualify....but don't take my word for it.

4. Supposedly can use the free days on ONE WAY rentals (quite sweet if you ask me!!)

7. Per website, I read you can only either EITHER miles OR rental credits, NOT BOTH....perhaps someone could explain how to get both...I hesitate to change my profile to say miles and never get the rentals..as they are worth far more than giving up a few FF miles.
Let me elucidate things for you...

You're confusing earned free day rentals with 1-2-Free Promo free days. My preference is to earn AA FF miles on all rentals - that has NOTHING to do with 1-2-Free rental days, which are earned from the promo.

Also, you can use the 1-2-Free rental days for one-way rentals for most (not all) locations.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 5:25 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. Going to be earning a lot of free days!!!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 5:26 pm

acc. dbl post

Last edited by dgoedken; Sep 9, 2010 at 5:39 am
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by dgoedken

Still little bit confused about the referral free rental.

can you explain more?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
Still little bit confused about the referral free rental.

can you explain more?
The referral rental will appear in your first update after the referral is made. These emails usually come on Friday and include updates for rentals made the previous week. If you got an email last Friday saying you had earned 1 free day.. it should be available when you 'click through' in the link provided.

Ron.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:22 pm

The referral rental will appear in your first update after the referral is made. These emails usually come on Friday and include updates for rentals made the previous week. If you got an email last Friday saying you had earned 1 free day.. it should be available when you 'click through' in the link provided.

Ron.
So nothing else to do other than the referred people complete the enrollment?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:30 pm

The coupon id is showing when I click the link today

Coupon ID Date Posted Status
XXXXXXX 09/02/10 Reserve Now!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:39 am

Question on 1-2-Free.

If I planned to do a 4 day rentals (say pickup on Sun night, drop-off on Thurs. late afternoon) for multiple weeks. Perhaps I'm mixing things up...BUT...it seems you get a free day for 2 rentals of 2 days or longer....but if I kept the rental for the entire 4ish days, I wouldn't get the free rental day via the promo.

Sooo, would it be "more wise" to pickup on sunday night, drop off tuesday night, have a 2nd rental and pickup on wed. morning and drop off late thurs. afternoon....thus giving a free rental day via the promo each week instead of every 2 weeks.

Cursory effects would be to obtain Exec Elite status twice as quickly as well...it'd also accrue credits twice as fast for "regular" free days...correct?

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.