Community
Wiki Posts
Search

able to use my free day rental after all

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
able to use my free day rental after all

I've been an Emerald Aisle member since 2001.

A couple months ago I booked a reservation for YHZ in August. I had forgotten that I have a free day expiring at the end of 2010, and thus I did not add this option to the reservation and the subsequent rate did not include this savings.

Not sure when my next opportunity to use the free day before it expires might be, I went back to my exisiting reservation this week and attempted to modify the reservation by adding the free day. That modification, which I did not complete, added almost $500.00USD to the existing rental. Yikes!

So I tried a different approach, I started a new reservation and got a new online rate quote, this time adding the free day. My new rate, even with the free day, was $50.00USD more expensive than the exisiting reservation.

So I called the Emerald Club number, explained the situation. The res agent was very professional and knowledgeable and did exactly what I hoped she might be able to do and what I could not do on line.... she modified the existing reservation by adding the free day and reduced my existing rate by a day.

I realize the initial error was mine, but was very happy National fixed it so easily, happily and promptly.

I'm just wondering why my on line attempts were so way off base.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:22 pm

Whenever a reservation is modified, the booking engine likely re-rates it, as if it were a completely new one. As the trip date approaches, the demand is likely to be higher, so the new rate may reflect that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.